Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
I was at Bedford Town today (my local team), who won the Southern League Division One Central this season.

Craig Mackail-Smith still there, was an unused sub today but sounds like he's still played a fair bit this season at 38. He was happy to chat and signed my son's Brighton football

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Lancing v Newhaven in a step 4/5 relegation / promotion play off on Saturday 30th April at Culver Road. Apparently Saltdean failed their ground grading inspection.
Southern Combination Division 1 promotion play off semi finals also on Saturday 30th - Seaford v Shoreham and Midhurst v Epsom & Ewell.
The additional fixture for Newhaven means the Peter Bentley Cup Final against Littlehampton on Bank Holiday Monday will be rescheduled.

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
D520001F-2B15-4535-930D-FBC0E01D9F78.jpeg

Oh ???

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Awks, as my kids might say. Seems Newhaven might have jumped the gun in their earlier announcement. I guess it might be hard to rearrange at such short notice, but seems a bit harsh to ask Newhaven to play two cup finals in three days. Although Littlehampton had to play 4 games in 8 days recently, so....

EEF2DBFA-2C05-4387-950C-CB8C4E9A7EA9.jpeg

In the replies to the SCFL tweet, (Martin is the Newhaven FC Chairman), I guess they thought the final would be rearranged because of this.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yeah, I saw that - and it seems a fair assumption to make. Some difficult coversations to be had in at County HQ tomorrow, I suspect!

It will definitely be nice to know the exact plans for us supporters.
Yesterday at the Newhaven match i was discussing the plans with my son for the final at Hassocks, we had no idea about the play off.
Just about to leave for the Amex today when the play off game was announced, we discussed a trip to Lancing at half time today.
May be in for a busy few days next weekend

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I thought it was brilliant at Lewes at the weekend, when they brought a table out at half time, plonked it down in the penalty area and got Razz to sign a contract with the club in front of the fans. I thought it was a nice touch.
But it got me thinking, maybe the Albion should do that with Bissouma. As a ruse we tell him he's got an award and he can collect it on the pitch at halftime. Then we plonk the table down and announce to the crowd its his new contract. Pressure him into signing in front of the fans :)

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Off to watch Enfield Town against my tip for promotion Hornchurch on Wednesday up in Essex, two stand out teams behind Worthing this season, should be a good game, Sadly I can't seem to get much confirmation from Balham whether their game against Frimley Green will be played thursday, so I guess that ground is for next season.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Off to watch Enfield Town against my tip for promotion Hornchurch on Wednesday up in Essex, two stand out teams behind Worthing this season, should be a good game, Sadly I can't seem to get much confirmation from Balham whether their game against Frimley Green will be played thursday, so I guess that ground is for next season.

Gutted we're not there. I reckon the winner of Stortford v Cheshunt will prevail overall, but it's very open.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Very true Cheshunt have been on a roll

They've been pretty relentless. It was a few weeks ago when Lewes were still clinging onto 5th that my mate said "watch out for Cheshunt" and he was bang on. That said, Stortford have look very imposing at times as well, including winning at a canter against the almighty Worthing last month.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
They've been pretty relentless. It was a few weeks ago when Lewes were still clinging onto 5th that my mate said "watch out for Cheshunt" and he was bang on. That said, Stortford have look very imposing at times as well, including winning at a canter against the almighty Worthing last month.

I thought Cheshunt were very average a few weeks back when Lewes drew 2-2 up there. Cheshunt were very lucky to come away from that with a point. I think Stortford looked much more organised and hard working when we saw them at the Dripping Pan. That probably means Cheshunt will turn them over now I've said that.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
It will definitely be nice to know the exact plans for us supporters.
Yesterday at the Newhaven match i was discussing the plans with my son for the final at Hassocks, we had no idea about the play off.
Just about to leave for the Amex today when the play off game was announced, we discussed a trip to Lancing at half time today.
May be in for a busy few days next weekend

Peter Bentley Cup Final moved to Wednesday May 4th, 7:30pm (still at Hassocks)

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
One of my neighbours plays for Bedford Town, who have just won the Southern League Division One Central title. Amongst his team mates who helped secure the title is a certain Craig Mackail-Smith - I don’t think he plays much any more though.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Peter Bentley Cup Final moved to Wednesday May 4th, 7:30pm (still at Hassocks)

I’ve just been reading Tweets from Littlehampton fans, many are unhappy with this midweek rearranged date, and rightly so.
Hassocks isn’t the best place for parking near the ground I’m told, also a train to and from Littlehampton probably won’t be fun in an evening.
Train from Newhaven to Hassocks is approximately an hour + 2 trains, fine in the day but not after a days work.

Good for the Newhaven players that the final has been moved but surely the following Saturday would be sensible for fans.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
I’ve just been reading Tweets from Littlehampton fans, many are unhappy with this midweek rearranged date, and rightly so.
Hassocks isn’t the best place for parking near the ground I’m told, also a train to and from Littlehampton probably won’t be fun in an evening.
Train from Newhaven to Hassocks is approximately an hour + 2 trains, fine in the day but not after a days work.

Good for the Newhaven players that the final has been moved but surely the following Saturday would be sensible for fans.

Two midweek trips in 8 days to Hassocks is less than ideal, but there must be a reason why the following Saturday hasn't been selected. Maybe everyone is off on their holidays now that the season has ended (for most). Selfishly, the Wednesday works well better for me as I was double booked on the Monday, but I wouldn't be happy if I'd already made travel plans. I know that it will be frustrating for some of the Littlehampton players too, who had turned down double or triple pay to work their day jobs on Monday. I do have some sympathy with the SCFL, I don't think anyone really saw this situation arising. It will certainly restrict the crowd though. I'm heading to Hassocks tomorrow night for the RUR semi final, so will find out for myself what the parking's like!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'm heading to Hassocks tomorrow night for the RUR semi final, so will find out for myself what the parking's like!

Thank you.
I sent Hassocks a message on Twitter about parking and they replied and said there is loads of parking and an overflow car park they are planning to open if required ( for Wednesday final )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here