Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Heading up the road to see if Littlehampton can clinch the title this afternoon with a win or draw against 4th placed Bexhill. Hoping for a crowd approaching 1,000. Could be a dramatic day, Saltean are waiting to take advantage of any slip ups. The County League trophy is going to be somewhere on the A27 waiting to be driven east or west depending on results :lol::lol:

For anyone wishing to extend their non-league viewing season, we have a semi final at Hassocks on Tuesday (so, potentially, another final depending on that result), a final against Newhaven (also at Hassocks) on Bank Holiday Monday and the Vase final at Wembley later in May.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Off to Worthing to see the title lift today and then I start to lose non league games, not to worry, I’m course for 198 games before the end of the season so I reckon I can sneak in a play off or two to get to 200 games

Hell of an innings that mate :clap:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Heading up the road to see if Littlehampton can clinch the title this afternoon with a win or draw against 4th placed Bexhill. Hoping for a crowd approaching 1,000. Could be a dramatic day, Saltean are waiting to take advantage of any slip ups. The County League trophy is going to be somewhere on the A27 waiting to be driven east or west depending on results :lol::lol:

Good luck today, I think Saltdean will definitely win their match as they are playing very well, and Bexhill will be up for it against Littlehampton as they could finish third.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Off to Worthing to see the title lift today and then I start to lose non league games, not to worry, I’m course for 198 games before the end of the season so I reckon I can sneak in a play off or two to get to 200 games

I am not worthy :bowdown:

I'm also off to Worthing today :thumbsup:

Should be biggest attendance of the seasons as they only had 100 tickets left as of yesterday evening.

UPDATE: Online tickets sold out - 200 available for POTG!

Last edited:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

For anyone wishing to extend their non-league viewing season, we have a semi final at Hassocks on Tuesday (so, potentially, another final depending on that result), a final against Newhaven (also at Hassocks) on Bank Holiday Monday and the Vase final at Wembley later in May.

I will be viewing the game at Hassocks, since Balham can’t be bothered to tell me when their game v Frimley Green is

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Lewes v Bowers & Pitsea for me. I'm almost glad there's nothing riding on it now, as it will be an enjoyable way to thank the players for a wonderful season.

Easy Rooks win predicted, now the pressures off.

Enjoy, all!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Lewes v Bowers & Pitsea for me. I'm almost glad there's nothing riding on it now, as it will be an enjoyable way to thank the players for a wonderful season.

Easy Rooks win predicted, now the pressures off.

Enjoy, all!

Well at least you got to see some goals(the story of our season)

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Well at least you got to see some goals(the story of our season)
Yep completely! Utterly abysmal defending once again, and impossible to lay the blame at Nelson's door this time :moo:

Still a lovely afternoon. Sunny and warm, and got to see Razz signing a new contract in from of the Philcox at HT.

Thoroughly excellent season though all in all.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Congratulations Littlehampton, their fans on here are probably out celebrating. :cheers:

Just got back from the clubhouse, where it was relatively restrained actually. Certainly not as raucous as the Vase celebrations, which went on long into the night. Maybe the fact that they are still going for another three trophies kept a lid on things.

Wasn't the greatest performance today on a very dry pitch in windy conditions, but the goals came at good times in the game and Bexhill didn't threaten too much. As it turned out, Saltean only managing a draw made our game almost irrelevant, but it was nice for the crowd of just over 1,000 to see the trophy presented after a win. It's a pretty incredible achievement to win the league in their first season back in the top division, hopefully the momentum carries through to the remaining cup games and into next season.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Mighty Hawks end the season with a 2-1 win at Ashford. That with having an outfield players in goal for much of the match.

Whitehawk survive another season.

End of next month this becomes the 2022/23 Edition for the lovers of non-league.

This thread makes me so happy on the dark winter nights. I never thought so many NSCers loved the grass roots game. Good on you all.

Last edited:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Mighty Hawks end the season with a 2-1 win at Ashford. That with having at outfield players in goal for much of the match.

Whitehawk survive another season.

End of next month this becomes the 2022/23 Edition for the lovers of non-league.

This thread makes me so happy on the dark winter nights. I never thought so many NSCers loved the grass roots game. Good on you all.

I watched Whitehawk twice this season. Was it not long ago that they were the top non league club in Sussex

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I watched Whitehawk twice this season. Was it not long ago that they were the top non league club in Sussex

That's a forever memory I expect.

I'm no snob, and wouldn't have been too upset if we had slipped into the local combination. It's just that once in I don't think we would have come out again in a hurry.

So I'm dead chuffed we survived.

Littlehampton are welcome as the new Sussex club. I think they'll do better than us.

Which games were you at ?

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Worthing finally made the breakthrough against a stubborn Brightlingsea with the only goal of the game on 60 minutes, a fine curling effort from Jasper Pattenden.
Game had a preseason friendly feel to it really with nothing riding on the result.
We have played much, much better over the course of the season with this game a bit of an anti climax after the celebrations at Bowers a couple of weeks ago.
97 points, 100 goals scored and 10 points clear ath the seasons end is a great achievement. Ollie Pearce, with 35 goals, also finishes as the leagues top scorer.
One more game to go....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The Hill scramble a last minute winner at Three Bridges. Must work out how many goals I’d have missed this season if I’d left before the end of the game :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here