Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The NOISE at the AMEX

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
I love that there's a sort of unspoken arrogance in the West Upper, because the away fans can start singing and it's like a challenge... West get singing and the South just can't compete and gets totally drowned out! It's like a mummy Lion roaring to shut the kids up.

And when they are just 2,553 out of 30,750, they'll be drowned out even more.

Mistasita

May 7, 2011
Have not read all the thread entries here but just a few observations re crowd noise /songs , Amex is louder than Stamford Bridge prawn sandwich tourists x 41000.....I am sick of stand up if you hate Palace , it is a waste of good singing voice.......the heartbeat Will Buckley song does not work as everyones timing is all over the show.....the north stand v west v east is top notch for getting everyone uo for it and it definately sounds good from the south stand.......we need more away banners like Ipswich, what an own goal that was!!!

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I'm in the north and I hear more noise coming from the family stand than the west stand. I'm not joking.

I'm virtually slap bang in the middle of the North, and I agree the East Stand do normally get involved more. As others have said though, it's a thing to behold when the West do get going.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
When I saw the banner yesterday, I just knew the atmosphere would be great!

We need to slow down on the artificial pre match hype, and stop applauding the away fans for coming. Let's get it back to the good old hostile banter (without the violence). That will crank up the noise!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

We need to slow down on the artificial pre match hype, and stop applauding the away fans for coming. Let's get it back to the good old hostile banter (without the violence). That will crank up the noise!

Unless it's Argyle or Wrexham, then we can all just have a massive love-in. :kiss:

fozzie's paper boy

Aug 20, 2011
Hove
I'm in the WSL Block A just around from the away fans - and as a few have observed it does get a bit lively there, with a lot of banter with the away fans. The ground has fascinating acoustics with a huge noise generated but often difficult to hear other parts of the ground. Burnley was the best atmosphere by far, but I have to take my hat off to the the Leeds fans, they were immense in the noise they created in the first half - and in the second half of that game my 6 year old said to me "Daddy, are our fans singing '2-0 and you f***ed it up'?", at which point we had the conversation about what does not get repeated when you get home.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles

Maybe I was too pissed but I could have sworn we boo'd the away attendance this time?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Maybe I was too pissed but I could have sworn we boo'd the away attendance this time?

We definitely did, it went something like this:
"...with two thousand four hu-" "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The east cant hear the west. The north cant hear the east. The east.......................
At the end of the day none of that matters because I`ll tell you WHO can hear us....... the players and that is what counts. They comment on it enough times so just keep doing what we`re doing.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The east cant hear the west. The north cant hear the east. The east.......................
At the end of the day none of that matters because I`ll tell you WHO can hear us....... the players and that is what counts. They comment on it enough times so just keep doing what we`re doing.
This. Everyone says "done to death" but I can't believe the penny hasn't dropped with some about how amazing the OVERALL volume of NOISE is inside The Amex. The complete opposite of the modern stadium "library" that is common elsewhere.

At most grounds you can easily hear it when 50-100 away fans start singing - and if 500 join in then it dominates the ground and sounds "loud". At The Amex we have people saying they "can't hear the West Stand" when there are upwards of 5,000 people belting out an Albion standard at a volume that is often incredible...!!

Also I love the line about the "Mummy lion"... :lol: ... 2,400 away fans at full throttle and the home "main stand" (NB not the home "end"...) puts them easily back in their place time after time... Love it...!!!

:amex::albion2::amex::albion2::amex::albion2::amex::albion2:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Gai Asulin's comments on Twitter about it carry a lot of meaning. He is not here long term and hasn't made any real comments about the club or fans before, but for him to come out with "Brighton fans you are unbelievable!" after the game speaks volumes (excuse the 'pun')

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
One thing i love about the Amex is the noise everyone makes, there are a lot bigger grounds that arent even half as rowdy as the Amex. SEAGULLS!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Exactly. The players hear it, some of them are inspired by it, so that's all that matters. Literally the only part of the ground that is quiet more often than not is the south end of the East Stand. Everywhere else the atmosphere varies from "a bit muted" to "absolutely rocking", and they all have their moments.

And on this subject, only this morning I remembered Palace's support singing "your support is f***ing shit" just after they had gone ahead at the Amex; then recalled the game at their ground, and had a chuckle at the FRONT the Nigels obviously had to sing that with a straight face. The atmosphere is always about 100 times better than it ever is at their wank, half empty ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here