Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The NOISE at the AMEX

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I'm over in the east and seriously I can count on one hand the number of times I have really noticed any significant amount of noise coming from the west stand. I don't doubt they make noise and it must sound impressive in the stand itself but it rarely carries across the pitch to the east, it must be the stadium acoustics because all I ever hear is the north stand and the occasional muted response from the west. Also I've been surprised how noisy the east gets on occasion and suspect no-one elsewhere hears us because of the acoustics. It is difficult when the whole 3 sides are going for it to tell where the most noise is coming from but one thing is for sure, it is electrifying when everyone really gets on it, I fooking love it:thumbsup:

yep must be accoustics - never heard a peep out of the east - but i am wsu.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
I feckin love my seat in the east. Bout half way line and at times its been rocking in there. You can hear all sides signing including when away and north have been goading each other only for them both not to hear it. I'd have to agree about the west, seems the acoustics don't make it over our way normally. Got to say the west lower near to south stand seems to me to be the most fun area for albion fans as they always have the best of the banter with away fans. Cannae wait for east upper and corners to boost the atmos.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I feckin love my seat in the east. Bout half way line and at times its been rocking in there. You can hear all sides signing including when away and north have been goading each other only for them both not to hear it. I'd have to agree about the west, seems the acoustics don't make it over our way normally. Got to say the west lower near to south stand seems to me to be the most fun area for albion fans as they always have the best of the banter with away fans. Cannae wait for east upper and corners to boost the atmos.

when east upper is sorted...what would u go for...existing seat..or in line but upstairs?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Good question. I would sacrifice seeing the game close up for a better concourse atmos and better singing experience yes, but would i get that in the upper east next year, havent made my mind up yet.

interesting....i definitely would like to b more central...but i am about 8 rows back and love being as close..also i have got to know a lot of people around me which is nice for chat etc...i am undecided as yet....be interesting if the club give preference to exiting sth's

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
If the away fans were as noisy as the North Stand, they'd be just above average, the North stand has never been genuinely loud like Leeds, Wrexham, Palace (in the last 5 minutes), but much better than the likes of Forest, Leicester, Ipswich, etc.

I'm right at the back of WSU in the centre, so it's quite a good place for judging the volume.
I'm yet to hear the East Stand though.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
I'm in WSU block H and when it gets going we are ery load but perhaps not as often as we should be and we often take the lead from the North Stand. As the North stand is the main singing stand thats only understandable.

The other week I swapped my seats in the WSU upper for the East Stand and that does lack any real atmosphere but always going to be the way with so many kids in there.

Also think think the season ticket price was to low for kids as so many empty spaces in the East.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
WSU block B (South End) - it can really get rocking at times - we have the guy doing the give us a "B" nearby - so it's nice to know it can be heard elsewhere.

We can certainly hear the away end chants (Ipswich - one of the quitest all season ) and you can hear the North Stand but it can sound muted - never hear the East Stand. Couldn't tell you about WSL - what's it like down there ?

Enjoy it wherever you are :albion2:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I just think it must be bloody AWESOME to be out on that pitch and hearing the noise from the various stands.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Spot on. The West stand in particular is very, very loud. If it was Anfield the press and therefore the easily led on this forum would be telling us all how special and wonderful Liverpool fans are.

Still bitter about the 6-1 when this thread had nowt to do with Liverpool. :lolol: Anfield was great, and apart from a handful of angry losers on nsc, most LFC & Albion fans went away commending both sets of fans, the stadium & atmosphere at that game.

Back to this thread about the AMEX:
WSU at most games generates a lot of noise & seems to have as passionate set of fans as the NS. Great to have 2 such areas.

Never forget before the Doncaster game, walking up the stairs at about 2.15, the loud singing coming from the WSU concourse was immense. It highlighted about the new era, away from the athletics stadium.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Still bitter about the 6-1 when this thread had nowt to do with Liverpool. :lolol: Anfield was great, and apart from a handful of angry losers on nsc, most LFC & Albion fans went away commending both sets of fans, the stadium & atmosphere at that game.

Back to this thread about the AMEX:
WSU at most games generates a lot of noise & seems to have as passionate set of fans as the NS. Great to have 2 such areas.

Never forget before the Doncaster game, walking up the stairs at about 2.15, the loud singing coming from the WSU concourse was immense. It highlighted about the new era, away from the athletics stadium.

:thumbsup:

WSU & NS complement each other. The reaction to Ipswich banner showed the usual massive passion for our club.

The WSL near the away fans looks vocal too.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
According to some it's a "soulless concrete bowl,with terrible acoustics and no atmosphere"
Makes you wonder which far flung star system these people live in ???

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
I'm in WSU block H and when it gets going we are ery load but perhaps not as often as we should be and we often take the lead from the North Stand. As the North stand is the main singing stand thats only understandable.

The other week I swapped my seats in the WSU upper for the East Stand and that does lack any real atmosphere but always going to be the way with so many kids in there.

Also think think the season ticket price was to low for kids as so many empty spaces in the East.

Always seems so many empty seats scattered throughout the ES, whatever the weather. Why?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I love that there's a sort of unspoken arrogance in the West Upper, because the away fans can start singing and it's like a challenge... West get singing and the South just can't compete and gets totally drowned out! It's like a mummy Lion roaring to shut the kids up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here