Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The NOISE at the AMEX

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I don't disagree that The Amex has a fantastic atmosphere when it gets going, but I'd like to see it at its best a bit more often.

I remember thinking the same thing about the Goldstone... the Amex is far noisier than the Goldstone ever was though because it has much better acoustics.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I sit in line with the half way line in WSU. I can hear the away fans just as well as the North Stand (yes i know that's obvious but just wanted to reinforce my qualification to comment :) )
Sometimes the atmos is good sometimes it's bad. I'm sure it will be that way for many a year to come but it will never be as bad as a wet, cold Tuesday night playing crap football against a crap team in a crap stadium!

There seems to be divide forming in WSU with the NW mimicking the North Stand and the SW going it alone, usually with "Who are ya" type chants. I was glad when the SW carried off a particular rousing "Albion" when the NW were joining in with the N on that crap St Pauli chant!

I have heard the East Stand once, but that was wayyyyy back at the start of the season. To be fair they never really get a cue to join in when the North/West stand Brighton boys start. Maybe a quick "Who are ya" while pointing at them may get the vocal chords working? (And yes I have had the pleasure of sitting in the east so I know what they're up against, and sympathise :))

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here