Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The NOISE at the AMEX

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
One post you complain that the North say the West don't sing, then you complain beacause somebody suggest you do sing, you didn't give Ipswich banner advice by chance.

But anyway, when the North sing you cannot hear the West because the North is singing, it will be the same in the West but vice versa. The reason I enjoy the "We're the North/West stand" is because it is the only time the North can appreciate the noise that comes out of the West.

What does happen appear to happen is the West follow the North as there seems to be only few times a match that the West start a chant.

But anyway all this North v West v East is pretty boring now, if the players get a lift and say its bloody noisy on the pitch then that is good enough for me.

Agreed North v West is boring but not as boring as the "We're the whatever stand Brighton Boys" which is the worst thread ever bar the stupid song we copied from Palace

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
North and West feed off each other. North for the number of songs, West for the noise.

When its all going it is brilliant.

As mentioned if we get to the Prem then we will get a lot more media attention on it

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You are obviously in the minority as it seems everybody else in the West joins in and the noise is immense

Hopefully but it feels like a good minority to me

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I was on the Train yesterday after the game with a few ITFC fans who live in Pompey and they commented how loud the fans were and how good the acoustics were as well.
They were also complimentary about there whole matchday experience, except the result of course !

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
It's common sense that the 'singing' stand of the North get more started and more often, but when the west go it's louder, as there are about 4x as many people in the West. However sitting in WSU G I must say it's very difficult to hear the opposite end of the stand, nearer the away fans, it feels like sound doesn't travel laterally very well, so even with the best intentions it's difficult to get everyone in the West to sing the exact same thing at the exact same second, that's why the North 'take the lead' more often.. That said, there were a couple of moments yesterday, particularly the 'Albion' after the second goal, when it was absolutely deafening in the West, only CMS's goal against Palace, the second half of Leeds and the Donny game where I've heard anything like it.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I'm in the north and I hear more noise coming from the family stand than the west stand. I'm not joking.

Are you on the East side of the stand? I'm on the extreme west side of the north stand and barely hear the east.

I thought the singing in the north stand was loud yesterday but very disjointed with more than one song being started at the same time and then the west starting something different again,

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'm in the north and I hear more noise coming from the family stand than the west stand. I'm not joking.

I always find it strange the criticism the East gets for supposedly being quiet. Usually there is a good atmosphere and sometimes it's been great. Your comment backs this up. The Amex is in my experience very unusual in that there are different areas of the home support which consistently contribute to the overall atmosphere. I am loving it!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Spot on. The West stand in particular is very, very loud. If it was Anfield the press and therefore the easily led on this forum would be telling us all how special and wonderful Liverpool fans are.

For a long time I thought you were a serious poster and the biggest knob on the board, but ever since I worked it out I think you are superb. Keep it up.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Yeah I am in the east side of the north so of course I here them more I was just fishing. I too noticed the songs starting at different times between the left/right north stand. I'm not sure anything can be done about that sadly, it can be frustrating though.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
This, like many other threads, has been done to death.

Anyone would expect that the biggest number of vociferous fans would be in the North Stand but the West Stand is much larger and the East Stand is smaller !

Though I think the acoustics are pretty good, but think that a lot of the noise goes , for example, from the West Stand, over the heads of the East Stand, the noise from the North Stand is generally going towards South OR is picked up in WSL or 1901. etc

When the East Stand Upper seats are installed I think there may be something of an overhang (under the East Upper) so sound will be trapped under that rather than disappearing into the atmosphere, thus increasing the level of noise.

I am sure it will get better when the additional seats are installed but in the meantime let's try to sing/shout/scream together but, more than that, let's try to keep the noise going all match.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The Leicester match had an almost Withdean-like atmosphere and Millwall wasn't great. Only turning up when the team plays well is not the sign of great support!

But surely that's only human nature? There are few places in England that make the kind of atmosphere we all want all the time. In fact i don't know anywhere.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm over in the east and seriously I can count on one hand the number of times I have really noticed any significant amount of noise coming from the west stand. I don't doubt they make noise and it must sound impressive in the stand itself but it rarely carries across the pitch to the east, it must be the stadium acoustics because all I ever hear is the north stand and the occasional muted response from the west. Also I've been surprised how noisy the east gets on occasion and suspect no-one elsewhere hears us because of the acoustics. It is difficult when the whole 3 sides are going for it to tell where the most noise is coming from but one thing is for sure, it is electrifying when everyone really gets on it, I fooking love it:thumbsup:

Hmm..i sit in the east and hear the west loud n clear :) ....first time yesterday i have heard..''give us a B...etc etc......but generally i hear them well....which is great!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The Leicester match had an almost Withdean-like atmosphere and Millwall wasn't great. Only turning up when the team plays well is not the sign of great support!

maybe this comment is to be expected from u...but i would say that if the team is playing with a slow tempo...then it doesn't actually get the crowd going..an incited on the pitch seems to do it...and not necessarily from a brighton player

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here