Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The new striker..

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I have just watched the after match interview with Gus and by the look on his face (I have seen him bad but not like he was last night) we will be either getting rid of some and lets face it we had two players starting yesterday that cost us nearly 4 million and neither yesterday could hit a cows arse with a banjo Hoskins you can forgive as he is just coming back from injury and looking at Gus's body language someone is going to go and don't be surprised its not him maybe he has taken them as far as he can and may god forgive me for writing that but I think he might just have had enough of highly paid players missing the target.
Even I am now beginning to think he did the wrong thing letting some of the players we have had go particularly one and you all know exactly who I mean, like him or loathe him its a numbers game and thats one number 8/9/10 we maybe should have kept.
well what we have need to put in a goal scoring shift otherwise I can see some of them going and the list of blokes who might be able to come in and do a job is endless .................but hang on a minute the ones we have fit that bill don't they ...........for someone else maybe, trolley,Wood, Murray all given the heave-ho and all given the "you are useless" on this board and all scoring plenty, even Barn door billy chipped in with a few.

BIG CHANGES COMING METHINKS

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If there is any chance then Chris Wood should be got

West Brom seem happy for him to go in January for about £1 million.

We could do a hell of a lot worse than go for him.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Everyone keeps saying Jason Roberts lol, we got more chance of getting Nicola Roberts. This is the same Jason Roberts who is a flag barer for racism in football. Now I'm not suggesting that anyone at the club is racist in anyway shape or form, but the Suarez episode will not have won Poyet any brownie points in some quarters.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Can't see any chance of getting Austin. Why would Boro let Emnes go, given their league position? Likewise Millwall with Wood ( can they not scrape a million together for him ?) As for Roberts, maybe or maybe Reading want to keep him as back up. I reckon Gus will get another Spanish speaker from somewhere. Doesn't seem to be too many realistic options over here.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
As others have said, there's no chance Charlie Austin will join B&HA. Rhodes went for £8,000,000; I'd expect Austin to cost at least that much.
Again as others have said, surely Chris Wood is the obvious man. I've been surprised that B&HA have not been mentioned among the clubs linked with him. Huddersfield surely have no chance and though Millwall might have a head start, B&HA are a far more attractive prospect, if Gus wants him and uses his silver tongue to do some persuasion.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Sunderland boss Martin O'Neill wants to sell striker Fraizer Campbell, 25,

Expect him to sign for Hull City, though he's a good player and wouldn't be a bad signing for B&HA. However, I'd suggest he's more like CMS than the big alternative Murray-like striker option that Chris Wood would be.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
CMS will be off to raise funds for TWO new strikers.

Both of which, knowing Gus, will be dogturd.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
How about Morison from Norwich or Danny Graham? Neither get in to their team's starting 11, could be worth a shot. We'd probably have to pay for £2-3m for either though so maybe not, unless Norwich still want CMS? Possible swap deal with Morison plus Benno and a bit of cash, or am I dreaming?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
As others have said, there's no chance Charlie Austin will join B&HA. Rhodes went for £8,000,000; I'd expect Austin to cost at least that much.
Again as others have said, surely Chris Wood is the obvious man. I've been surprised that B&HA have not been mentioned among the clubs linked with him. Huddersfield surely have no chance and though Millwall might have a head start, B&HA are a far more attractive prospect, if Gus wants him and uses his silver tongue to do some persuasion.

Yeah that old silver tongue wizard who has persuaded a whole host of top strikers to the club...Old silver tongue Poyet to Wood.

Gus....Hi Chris, would you like to come and play my style of total football and sit on the bench, because I never play two up front.
Wood...Not really, you didn't thing I was good enough for this league 18 months ago, why would I want to come back and play for you?
Gus....Because everyone I signed who I rated better than you can't hit a cow arse with a bango.
Wood....No thanks.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
How about Morison from Norwich or Danny Graham? Neither get in to their team's starting 11, could be worth a shot. We'd probably have to pay for £2-3m for either though so maybe not, unless Norwich still want CMS? Possible swap deal with Morison plus Benno and a bit of cash, or am I dreaming?

I think Danny Graham would be ideal and a realistic target.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here