Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The new striker..

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
Where have all the good strikers gone and where are all the gods ?
Where's the box-wise Hercules to fight the rising odds ?
Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed ?
Late at night I toss and I turn and I dream of what I need

We need a hero, I'm holding out for at hero 'till the end of the January
He's gotta be strong and he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Does he score that many goals and have the experience of a Jason Roberts type.... no

Who ever we sign will not bed in in time to make a marked difference , Gus f***ed up and we will lose players in the summer .Not the end of the world or the club, but never the less a fact

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Heard a rumour today we're after Macheda on loan in Jan. Seems plausible given we've just done business with ManU for kuszcak and would be a quality signing...

By 'heard a rumour' do you mean that you read it in the Sun?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Lloyd Owusu and Gary Hart. If not, then Macheda and Roberts would be great. I would get 2 in.

Absolutely we need 2 even if it means selling CMS and Hoskins - EMnes and Austin ideal, but realistically, Roberts more likely with Another on loan. We need to try something, finishing wise yesterday was poor.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Whoever he signs they gonna be stuck on their own up front. Just change the system to a 4-4-2 and save a bloody fortune. The players we
have are capable of scoring goals in an attacking system.

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
Where have all the good strikers gone and where are all the gods ?
Where's the box-wise Hercules to fight the rising odds ?
Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed ?
Late at night I toss and I turn and I dream of what I need

We need a hero, I'm holding out for at hero 'till the end of the January
He's gotta be strong and he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
. :lolol:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Whoever he signs they gonna be stuck on their own up front. Just change the system to a 4-4-2 and save a bloody fortune. The players we
have are capable of scoring goals in an attacking system.

But they're not though are they. One up front and we still missed 7 absolute SITTERS yesterday. Having 4 up front wont help if your players miss chances from 6 yards!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Give us a D...

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Chris Wood or Jason Roberts

Also no chance with Macheda IMO, he didnt want to come in on loan at the start of the season.

Machedas scorind record is terrible. I was no huge Chris Woods fan but he has clearly improved since his stint with us and would be well worth the million quid West Brom are after.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
When Macca cut inside, did two players then pinged a shot that went wide of the near post it was shocking finishing.

Maybe we don't train enough on the Amex pitch so the players don't know where the goal is on instinct. Like Tierry Henry when the gooners moved grounds struggled to put it away.

I think now Gus has sorted the midfield and the defence, the strike force will be next, probably next season at this rate.

Both Macca & Hoskins were full of flair and had some great tricks, just couldn't get it on target.

Any more rumours of Macca going to Norwich in Jan?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here