Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The New Home Kit Unveiled

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think it's quite nice, the only odd thing is every other club is moving towards more fitted shirts, while ours seems to be going for the 1990s baggy look.

Or perhaps it's just the two players they chose to model it?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Good to see you up to speed with current affairs.

We're not allowed stripes all the way round. Shite, but true.

QUOTE]

I am pretty sure that there is no reason why we can't have stripes all the way round in the English leagues, so long as the part where the number is has a blank background, think like out original Skint Shirts, and the Play Off Final Shirt.

The truth is that we buy "syndicate" or "off the shelf" shirts from Errea and put our logos and badges on them. Errea sell shirts all over the world, and some FAs do insist the back of the shirt has no stripes. So Errea make all their "Off the Shelf" shirts this way to cover all eventualities.

If we have a custom made shirt for us, i.e the colour, the design, printing, logos etc were unique to us, then we could have the stripes all round.

Shame really, but I guess if we are not buying the shirt in enough quantities then the club can't afford to commission a design.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, they do seem to have chosen the ones who have concave chests.

I remember reading something a few seasons back that we weren't allowed stripes on the back of shirts so that you could see the players name and numbers more clearly.
But I'm buggered if I can find anything about on it online!

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Embarrassing for the press side of the club that we've had to find pictures of it on the online shop before they've launched it/done any sort of story on it. Looks good though. I'm just 'oping they've made sure the stripes run all the way down and haven't done a mural on the back of the shirt or summink 'orrible like that.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was under the impression that the rule whereby clubs with patterned shirts had to have a plain back had been scrapped.

I'm pretty sure Sheffield Wednesday had stripes on the back last season, they just had to have a panel for the number so it can be easily seen.

Embarrassing for the press side of the club that we've had to find pictures of it on the online shop before they've launched it/done any sort of story on it. Looks good though. I'm just 'oping they've made sure the stripes run all the way down and haven't done a mural on the back of the shirt or summink 'orrible like that.

The back of the shirt is white.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

that was the plan all along though,
just to see if anyone noticed it, but then that historical club website thing ruined it, and the Argus did the paint shop pro story the next day

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here