This is what it should have looked like;

Attachments

• 38_08homeshirt.jpg
    38_08homeshirt.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 349

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
The white back is the gash bit. I thought it looked OK til seeing that picture of Gully talking to the kids from the rear view.

Looks like a bib again, just stripes down the front, pure white on the back. Ah well, maybe I won't get one this time...

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
bit wanky and unimaginative, but only to be expected from a rubbish cheap as ships make- needs a collar.

is the away one the same but in yellow and black?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
That Huddersfield one or whatever it is above looks better. I think the club have just run out of ideas. Someone needs to sit down and explain to them how much money they are losing through poor kit design (or resuscitate whoever designed the first Skint kits we had). Having the logos in the middle makes it look like proper amateur, although it doesn't help that the sponsor logo looks like it was designed in Word.

That Huddersfield one or whatever it is above looks better. I think the club have just run out of ideas. Someone needs to sit down and explain to them how much money they are losing through poor kit design (or resuscitate whoever designed the first Skint kits we had). Having the logos in the middle makes it look like proper amateur, although it doesn't help that the sponsor logo looks like it was designed in Word.

It took them ages to design that logo too-makes you wonder what the rejected ones look like. Can somebody explain t this thicko just what the hell it's supposed to be because I don't get it? All I can think of is "It's.....Monty Python's Flying Circus" whenever I see it. Time to replace GOSBTS with the Python theme when the team walks on to the pitch.....

Totally agree with you about the club running out of ideas. They should go back to stripes all round in the way Sunderland and others have done. That white back looks shit. Sorry Mr Knight, you've got my money for a season ticket but my shirt money is staying in my wallet.

Last edited:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
From the limited pictures have to say I prefer last years as the darker stripes and blue back looked better.

Front of the shirt does not look too bad but the white back lets it down. Will no doubt look good with blue names and numbers on for the players but for the fans does look a bit like a bib!!

But then who gives a shit as long as we win in it!!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So, is that the actual colour? What sort of blue is that?

Although not as bad as the Argentina kit the other year (the only home kit I've not purchased in many years), it's quite an odd colour and design...

I will wait to see the actual kit before deciding, but if it's like the picture I may go for the away kit.

Papa

But then who gives a shit as long as we win in it!!

I do when I'm paying 40 quid for a frigging polyester shirt-they could at least make it wearable other than on a football pitch.

Guess I'll have to go with the baby blue one.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This takes me back to August 1999. Scars and Stripes included in our editorial for the Mansfield game a comment about the quality of the new home kit (we weren't too complimentary).

After the match Bozza and I had the (dis)pleasure of have a seemingly drunk Nick Rowe shouting at us outside the Prince Regent pub in Trafalgar Street, telling us that we (the fanzine) had no right to criticise the kit. He seemed quite upset :laugh:

Dick was there as well, and seemed quite perplexed by Nick's reaction.

He was a nice man, the Nick Rowe :tosser:

Papa

This takes me back to August 1999. Scars and Stripes included in our editorial for the Mansfield game a comment about the quality of the new home kit (we weren't too complimentary).

After the match Bozza and I had the (dis)pleasure of have a seemingly drunk Nick Rowe shouting at us outside the Prince Regent pub in Trafalgar Street, telling us that we (the fanzine) had no right to criticise the kit. He seemed quite upset :laugh:

Dick was there as well, and seemed quite perplexed by Nick's reaction.

He was a nice man, the Nick Rowe :tosser:

Papa

That must have been after he'd been at The Evening Star with Micky and Corky during their city 'victory walkabout'. Micky and Corky were good company but agree with you about Nick Rowe.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That must have been after he'd been at The Evening Star with Micky and Corky during their city 'victory walkabout'. Micky and Corky were good company but agree with you about Nick Rowe.

Actually - thinking back it would have been, because Micky and Corky were there as well - they kept their distance from Mr Rowe though. To be fair I was a little tipsy myself, so my memory isn't as clear as it might be.

Was that really 9 years ago? Blimey.

Papa

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Totally agree with you about the club running out of ideas. They should go back to stripes all round in the way Sunderland and others have done. That white back looks shit. Sorry Mr Knight, you've got my money for a season ticket but my shirt money is staying in my wallet.

Good to see you up to speed with current affairs.

We're not allowed stripes all the way round. Shite, but true.

And where does it say about the club running out of ideas? They get what they're given from Errea's catalogue. Shite, but true.

Having said that, I wouldn't have minded if they'd chosen this style from Errea, it being the best of the bunch...

b120.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here