Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The New Home Kit Unveiled

Good to see you up to speed with current affairs.

We're not allowed stripes all the way round. Shite, but true.

So how come other clubs have managed to put out shirts with stripes all the way around? Sunderland's home shirt has stripes all round. There are others. Now-what was that about up to speed with current affairs?

safc_1216293872_853x345.jpg

Last edited:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I think we need to wait and see before being too critcal, all we have to go on at the moment is a drawing and a bodge job on an eight foot seagull. I'll reserve judgement until I see the real thing.

Falmer Faithful

Patience is a virtue...
Jun 5, 2008
Good to see you up to speed with current affairs.

We're not allowed stripes all the way round. Shite, but true.

And where does it say about the club running out of ideas? They get what they're given from Errea's catalogue. Shite, but true.

Having said that, I wouldn't have minded if they'd chosen this style from Errea, it being the best of the bunch...

b120.jpg

Excuse my ignorance but why are we not allowed stripes all the way round?

I quite like the shirt. Needs to be pictured with players name and numbers on and with blue shorts though as otherwise far too white.

:bigwave:

Falmer Faithful

Patience is a virtue...
Jun 5, 2008
No idea - some bloody Football League rule about being able to read players' names or something.

Not sure if it applies to the Premiership.

So it's the old "box on back or bib shirt choice" for all not in the premiershite?

I'm happy with the shirt to be honest and for anyone that isnt the 70's retro shirt is still in the clubshop looking quality!

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Ha ha, Nick Rowe was a funny fella. Wonder where he is now?

Re the kit - bloody nora, it's not that difficult is it? Seagull logo left tit, Errea logo right tit, get someone to tell the sponsors the bad news about their logo, redesign it so it's straight and plonk it in the middle. Do stripes all the way round with a white panel on the back at the top for the name.

They got it spot on until the Argentina shirt - I reckon their designer must have died shortly before then, because all the stuff about "we want fans to be able to wear the shirt when they go clubbing" etc got replaced by "we left the bit at the bottom white because you'll tuck that bit in" (presumably designed to make the South Stand look like an army of Gareth Glovers - no disrespec' Garth, you knows I loves you).

Even Bellotti managed it in '96/97.

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
it looks alright, but i want to see the away kit, that better be shitting good.

So how come other clubs have managed to put out shirts with stripes all the way around? Sunderland's home shirt has stripes all round. There are others. Now-what was that about up to speed with current affairs?

safc_1216293872_853x345.jpg
Can't find the league's regs which I think make a distinstion between shirts that are "bespoke" design (ie specialy designed bythe club) and one that are bought "off the shelf" (ie out of the company catalgue) by clubs. The "ten years" celebration shirt was taken out of the Errea catalogue and so had stripes on the back. Basically a "bespoke" design must conform to the UEFA regulations regarding numbers appearing on a "single colour patch" but this is the ruling for the UEFA Champions League, so won't be a million miles away:

Article 8
Numbers
8.04 The colour of these numbers must be noticeably different from that of the payer's kit and must either be a contrast colour or appear on a single coloured patch
8.05 The number on a strioped, hooped, banded or checked shirt must appear on a single coloured patch

Last edited:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Home_kit_2.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here