Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The new breed of albion fans......(Todays Mk Dons expiereince)

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Now I've been an Albion fan for about 20 years and going home and away for many a year, but is it me or are our fans getting more chavvy/scummy by the week.

I hear and read on here many stories of fighting in the albion end at Bournemouth and people showing discontent at certain albion fans behaviour.

I love to get involved, support the boys, shout my mouth off with passion and feel every kick for 90 minutes and generally enjoy the day, it's what it's all about. I litterally cant help but get involved!

But to be endured to 90 minutes of the degenerates I was surrounded by today pushed me to the limit, most of which was just incoherent nonsence being spurted out....."Greer your FACCKING SHI*, ANKERGREEEEN YOU SOPPY CAAAANT and Your spastic club with your spastic fans was a personal favorite that was blerted out in my ear.

Where do these people crawl from, what cave do they live in during the week?

As Ive said, ive been going for many a year and I think this is the worst bunch of albion yobs Ive seen....we all like a shout and a pint before the game and not for one second am I saying that people shouldnt have a rant or get involved, but it was out of control today and the point when people were calling the kid ballboys "CUN*S was too much for me and I had to have a word.

I know we lost and I know we were pants today but If this is the future fans of the club coming through then we need to order some culling for our fans as ive not seen half these morons before in my life!

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
I tend to agree. A couple of men in their 40s behind me recently were swearing like a 9 year old who'd just learnt the words; peppered their sentences with them and used them out of context.

Now, speaking as somebody who enjoys the effect a good 'f*ck', 'twat' or indeed even the occasional 'c*nt' can have in a statement, I'm very disappointed at the throwaway use of these words.

Craig Davies miss against Northampton, THAT deserved a 'c*nt' [screamed/stifled into cupped hands - Family Stand here]. A ballboy in an away ground does not.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
There was an oick in a grey hoddie two rows in front of me that was gleefully shouting obsenities at anything that caught his eye.
Almost had to laugh at the randomness of it ...

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Heard nothing of the sort at all? Where was this supposedly?

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Now I've been an Albion fan for about 20 years and going home and away for many a year, but is it me or are our fans getting more chavvy/scummy by the week.

I hear and read on here many stories of fighting in the albion end at Bournemouth and people showing discontent at certain albion fans behaviour.

I love to get involved, support the boys, shout my mouth off with passion and feel every kick for 90 minutes and generally enjoy the day, it's what it's all about. I litterally cant help but get involved!

But to be endured to 90 minutes of the degenerates I was surrounded by today pushed me to the limit, most of which was just incoherent nonsence being spurted out....."Greer your FACCKING SHI*, ANKERGREEEEN YOU SOPPY CAAAANT and Your spastic club with your spastic fans was a personal favorite that was blerted out in my ear.

Where do these people crawl from, what cave do they live in during the week?

As Ive said, ive been going for many a year and I think this is the worst bunch of albion yobs Ive seen....we all like a shout and a pint before the game and not for one second am I saying that people shouldnt have a rant or get involved, but it was out of control today and the point when people were calling the kid ballboys "CUN*S was too much for me and I had to have a word.

I know we lost and I know we were pants today but If this is the future fans of the club coming through then we need to order some culling for our fans as ive not seen half these morons before in my life!

can i ask what byf stands for?

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
Heard nothing of the sort at all? Where was this supposedly?

Why 'Supposedly' ? why would they make it up?

I have been to 7 away games this season and have been unfortunate enough to witness this sort of behaviour at 3 of them .Its not just kids who cant handle their ale either , sometimes it guys in their 40's and 50's behaving like complete tossers with no respect for their fellow supporters. It has has hacked me off so much that I doubt I'll go to another one this season . I hope and pray that these cretins are nowhere near me at Falmer.....

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Always been idiots, but definitely more than before.

Heard the odd bit of racism too at Stoke. We made it clear that wasn't for us and luckily the idiots pissed off about half an hour before the end.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Why 'Supposedly' ? why would they make it up?

I have been to 7 away games this season and have been unfortunate enough to witness this sort of behaviour at 3 of them .Its not just kids who cant handle their ale either , sometimes it guys in their 40's and 50's behaving like complete tossers with no respect for their fellow supporters. It has has hacked me off so much that I doubt I'll go to another one this season . I hope and pray that these cretins are nowhere near me at Falmer.....

Exactly, it's happening more and more, but not just one geezer who's had too many, but proper scum who can barely complete a full sentence without ending it with Caaaant!

I do swear at footie and as I said love to get involved, we all let out the odd fuc*, shi* and bollocks and the occassional Cun* but not consistently and for the most part completely out of context to the situation.

Half the afternoon it was mindless rants about our players who yes today didnt play their best but have lifted the club to the incredible position we find ourselves, but some of the insults aimed at them was bang out of order and I hope these scum are dragged by their necks out of Falmer and dissapier back into the cave they crawled from, im sure Millwall would welcome you with open arms.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
There was an oick in a grey hoddie two rows in front of me that was gleefully shouting obsenities at anything that caught his eye.
Almost had to laugh at the randomness of it ...

Trouble is he could probably spell better than you. :)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Interesting thread for me, especially in the light of a decision I took today.

I took my three-year-old daughter to her first match and after some thought decided to go in the home family section, just on the off-chance of getting sat next to some idiot like that being described in the away end. Incidentally, their section was also much cheaper for an Under-7.

Real shame, because Albion's away following is as we all know generally superb, I love being in it and for myself would far rather have been behind the goal, but I wasn't taking any chances today for obvious reasons. I didn't want her getting scared and not enjoying it on a first visit. I do know, though, that a boisterous away end is not necessarily the place for a very young child, so it's up to the parent to do whatever they need to do. I noticed (because I was looking) that there seemed to be some Albion fans with young kids in the away end who had moved right to the sides away from the main body of support, maybe that's one to try.

Anyway, she did make a dismal defeat and display pass much quicker with a couple of comments. She'll be coming to Withdean for the first time against Swindon, and said (not impressed by the ridiculous cow): "Don't worry daddy, Brighton will be much better by the seaside when Gully is there." A very accurate summation of our impressive home form.

And when I asked her what she had enjoyed most about the day, she said: "I just like Brighton." That's my girl.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

I took my three-year-old daughter to her first match and after some thought decided to go in the home family section, just on the off-chance of getting sat next to some idiot like that being described in the away end. Incidentally, their section was also much cheaper for an Under-7.

Real shame, because Albion's away following is as we all know generally superb, I love being in it and for myself would far rather have been behind the goal, but I wasn't taking any chances today for obvious reasons. I didn't want her getting scared and not enjoying it on a first visit. I do know, though, that a boisterous away end is not necessarily the place for a very young child, so it's up to the parent to do whatever they need to do. I noticed (because I was looking) that there seemed to be some Albion fans with young kids in the away end who had moved right to the sides away from the main body of support, maybe that's one to try.

Anyway, she did make a dismal defeat and display pass much quicker with a couple of comments. She'll be coming to Withdean for the first time against Swindon, and said (not impressed by the ridiculous cow): "Don't worry daddy, Brighton will be much better by the seaside when Gully is there." A very accurate summation of our impressive home form.

And when I asked her what she had enjoyed most about the day, she said: "I just like Brighton." That's my girl.

:bowdown:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Sadly I agree, I would say a good third of our support could be classified as chavvy. That said that beats the 100% that support the likes of Palace, Crawley and Pompey

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Going to see a lot more of them as we climb up the leagues. The days of 5000 die hard bobble-hats at Withdean are already gone.

RSBLUEANDWHITEARMY

Aug 5, 2009
North Stand

I don't know why, but I enjoyed reading that.
Top post.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
I find it uneasy when a three year old girl talks more sense than men 10 times her age.

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
Was in the warwick last saturday for the stoke game and some charming young lady in a brighton shirt would take great pleasure in shouting "snap his legs" every time a stoke player had the temerity to touch the ball. Was quite fit though? Dilemma?

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
Hmmm, hope I'm not classed as one of these fans after what happened today. I was in block v and stood for the first half like you tend to do at away games but there was nobody standing in front of me. At half time I sat down and let a little yawn out, as the game to be quite honest from an albion perspective was fairly dreary. To which I hear some sarcastic comment from a few rows behind, he must be tired he's been standing 45 minutes. I turned around and gave him a look and then he came out with the whole I paid £25 for this seat yadayada. I replied with if you want to sit down you should go to withdean, which I thought was quite good at the time and the fact he must've been atleast 5-6 seats down I don't think I could have been obstructing his view that badly if at all.
In the end I did sit for most of the second half, as the bloke next to me, who was in fact in the way of my seat so I couldn't sit down anyway had moved somewhere else. (I know I probably should have asked him if I could sit down, but I wasn't too fussed at the time.) I didn't enjoy the second half as much because of this, not that there was too much to enjoy anyway and grew increasingly colder as a result.
I don't really know what point I'm trying to make, except that if the people directly behind me had a problem with me standing and had asked me to sit down, I probably would have obliged anyway. Turned out he'd moved for the second half.
Overall a bad day out, as I lose all bragging rights at college and another poor display away from home. Can only really remember one solid chance for us which was the Wood double, this performance pushes Leyton Orient close for the worst of the season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
My take is very easy on today, we were not able to play a ball through to our forwards. We were not up for it but I do not give a flying f*** as shit happens and I really won't lose sleep over it, the table speaks for itself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here