Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The most not disappointing tourist attractions

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If I could go to any part of the world I haven't yet seen it would probably be Brazil/the Amazon. However, the one thing I sure as hell wouldn't do is SWIM in it. Are you crazy?

The man said it would be OK. I think he did, anyway. He didn't speak much English and my Portugese is a bit ropey.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If I could go to any part of the world I haven't yet seen it would probably be Brazil/the Amazon. However, the one thing I sure as hell wouldn't do is SWIM in it. Are you crazy?

My Dad not only had a DIP, but at another place, they did an excursion up some little tributary in little CANOES, and they each had a turn at fishing with raw meat for PIRANHAS, which they then cooked over a fire and scoffed. :thumbsup:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
My Dad not only had a DIP, but at another place, they did an excursion up some little tributary in little CANOES, and they each had a turn at fishing with raw meat for PIRANHAS, which they then cooked over a fire and scoffed. :thumbsup:

Yeah we did that as well. f***ing evil little things. You can put a stick in front of their mouths whilst they are still impaled on a hook and the'll smash their teeth straight through it. Not nice.

Apparently they don't eat humans anymore though, that's what the man said, anyway.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The man said it would be OK. I think he did, anyway. He didn't speak much English and my Portugese is a bit ropey.

Weren't you afraid of those fish that swim up your old chap and hook themselves inside the tubes? :ohmy:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Weren't you afraid of those fish that swim up your old chap and hook themselves inside the tubes? :ohmy:

Yes. But, like I said, the man said it would be OK.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We had a great time in Agra, I think we were the only tourists ever to do so! Met a local guy, took us into his family home and showed us around. Was a shit hole though, the highlight being the butchers over the open sewer (below).

The Taj is immense though, rumour has it that the guy wanted to build a black mirror image Taj Mahal on the other side of the river. Now that would of been the shiznit!

View attachment 18119

Oh we had a great time, hired a taxi and driver for the day who turned out to be getting more and more pissed each time he picked us up, he took us round shops belonging to just about every bloke he'd ever met, and the restaurant he took us to was arguably one of the crapper ones we ate in during the week, but it was still a great experience.

The black Taj story is true: before going in to the main complex where everyone else goes, we went around the back, over the other side of the river, and you can stand in the foundations of where it was intended to be built. Thinking how beautiful the white marble is, imagine how awesome a black mirror image would be :ohmy:

This photo (oooh look, who on EARTH is that in it?) is taken from the site, those are the foundations around it with the white Taj in the background :thumbsup:

10321_302399580531_641880531_9244921_5356681_n.jpg

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Jesus. The word CANOE is not something I'd want to hear if I was considering going on the Amazon. It'd take a great f*** off FERRY to tempt my arse on top of all the beasts in there.

To be fair they are f*** off great long motorised canoes. Although the guide did dive off one into the water to catch an alligator in the pitch dark. I really wasn't expecting that.

May 22, 2008
That's India all over. Absolutely breathtaking, but when all is said and done there is no getting over the fact that the place is a f***ing dump.

Iguazu Falls is by far the most impressed I've ever been with any tourist attraction. Once you've seen that waterfall, you've seen them all. Niagra doesn't even compare.

Iguazu%201.jpg
[/QU

its UNREAL best thing i have ever seen !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here