:ohmy:

What, you mean this one?

ype36.jpg

Don't look down Sam. Don't look down.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Dan Yr Ogof caves near Brecon. I like caves, and these were good.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Mount Rushmore. Just amazing and you can sit in the restaurant on site and eat breakfast with a full view of the monument through huge plate glass windows.

Oh, and the magnificent Rockie Mountains, wherever you can see them. The most wonderful sight in the world!! Almost brings a tear to the eye, bit like our new stadium.
You just go "wow".

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We're of one mind once again, Mr ace. Absolutely awesome in the truest, genuine sense of the word. Showed Las Vegas up for the Toytown it is, for me.
I don't think you can comprehend what a vast whole in the ground looks like until you've been there. It's sensational.

But Vegas is also well worth a visit. Just thinking about the idea of putting a city of that size in the middle of the desert, and glitzing it up to that extent. Absolutely mental place, well worth a visit, but for no more than a long weekend IMO.

AlbionKebabs

Sep 23, 2005
Hove innit, you mug.
The Taj Mahal :bowdown:

Agra, near to where it's located, is an utter hole, and you get hassled by beggars, hawkers and touts from the moment you arrive until the moment you leave. The river is full of filth and there are slums all over the place.

Went last year with Mendoza, Marty McFly and Carrot Cruncher, and we went to the Red Fort in Agra first up. When you climb to the top of the fort, you look across the river plains and clock the Taj in the distance, and it's like something out of Aladdin or some such movie, miles of flat ground and then the shape of the domes rising out of the mist. Absolutely breathtaking, I found I kept turning away then looking back just because I couldn't quite believe it was there.

Then when you get close up, it's every bit as stunning. I've never experienced a building that's evoked quite such emotions. Utterly beautiful. Even more so for the few brief moments of our day when the sun emerged from behind the clouds and lit up the marble in incredible fashion.

We had a great time in Agra, I think we were the only tourists ever to do so! Met a local guy, took us into his family home and showed us around. Was a shit hole though, the highlight being the butchers over the open sewer (below).

The Taj is immense though, rumour has it that the guy wanted to build a black mirror image Taj Mahal on the other side of the river. Now that would of been the shiznit!

Agra.jpg

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
In no particular order...

Grand Canyon
Taj Mahal
Paignton Zoo

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Legoland.

But in its defence....
a) I shouldn't have gone there on my own
b) more germane, I'm over 30.

May 2, 2010
So the least disappointing, then.

The Grand Canyon (as already mentioned elsewhere)
Las Vegas
Italy - why do people go to Spain or Greece for sun more than Italy?

costs , Italy is eye watering expensive,never been but the Pyramids would be my next trip if the nippers had not come along recently

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Mount St Helens, what's left of it, and the surrounding area. Utterly awesome and a real reminder of the power of nature.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here