Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The most not disappointing tourist attractions

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The Taj Mahal :bowdown:

Agra, near to where it's located, is an utter hole, and you get hassled by beggars, hawkers and touts from the moment you arrive until the moment you leave. The river is full of filth and there are slums all over the place.

Went last year with Mendoza, Marty McFly and Carrot Cruncher, and we went to the Red Fort in Agra first up. When you climb to the top of the fort, you look across the river plains and clock the Taj in the distance, and it's like something out of Aladdin or some such movie, miles of flat ground and then the shape of the domes rising out of the mist. Absolutely breathtaking, I found I kept turning away then looking back just because I couldn't quite believe it was there.

Then when you get close up, it's every bit as stunning. I've never experienced a building that's evoked quite such emotions. Utterly beautiful. Even more so for the few brief moments of our day when the sun emerged from behind the clouds and lit up the marble in incredible fashion.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
1) Cappadocia and thre Ihlara Valley - if you havent been, go!

goreme-3.jpg

goreme-open-air-museum-4.jpg

cappadocia.jpg

ihlara_vadisi_s7301162.jpg

http://www.artam.com/images/stories/gunceletkinlikler2009/06-Haziran/Ihlara-Melendiz-gezi.jpg

beardosh

Insert witty comment here
Dec 14, 2009
The Grand Canyon.

On my first visit to Vegas we done a helicopter ride down to the canyon followed by a river cruise from the bas of the hoover dam down the black canyon for about 3-4 hours I think. It was a quality day and the sights were unbelievable! Without doubt it was and still is the best tourist attraction I have ever been on and would recommend it to anyone heading out that way.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
A ride down the Thames on a boat, Tower of London, I would have also said Niagara and Grand Canyon. Ephersus (Google it if you have no idea), I would have said the World Trade Centre but .... Golden Gate Bridge (yes I know it's not the largest).

Ephesus has just opened a new building where they attempt to recreate a street in ancient Ephesus. Fantastic!

One hour from my house....:thumbsup:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Took a trip up to the Skypod, serious bum squeaking views!

[yt]8ffjDqybWeE[/yt]

Thankfully the Glass Floor hadn't been fitted when we visited back in 1984
:ohmy:

[yt]yzwVk-XEa44[/yt]

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Grand Canyon.

Good shout, I remember going to Flagstaff when I was about 20 and walking down some tree-lined paths then all of a sudden there was this incredibly vast, eerily silent, deep, miles wide void. It literally took my breath away.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The Taj Mahal :bowdown:

Agra, near to where it's located, is an utter hole, and you get hassled by beggars, hawkers and touts from the moment you arrive until the moment you leave. The river is full of filth and there are slums all over the place.

Went last year with Mendoza, Marty McFly and Carrot Cruncher, and we went to the Red Fort in Agra first up. When you climb to the top of the fort, you look across the river plains and clock the Taj in the distance, and it's like something out of Aladdin or some such movie, miles of flat ground and then the shape of the domes rising out of the mist. Absolutely breathtaking, I found I kept turning away then looking back just because I couldn't quite believe it was there.

Then when you get close up, it's every bit as stunning. I've never experienced a building that's evoked quite such emotions. Utterly beautiful. Even more so for the few brief moments of our day when the sun emerged from behind the clouds and lit up the marble in incredible fashion.

That's India all over. Absolutely breathtaking, but when all is said and done there is no getting over the fact that the place is a f***ing dump.

Iguazu Falls is by far the most impressed I've ever been with any tourist attraction. Once you've seen that waterfall, you've seen them all. Niagra doesn't even compare.

Iguazu%201.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Good shout, I remember going to Flagstaff when I was about 20 and walking down some tree-lined paths then all of a sudden there was this incredibly vast, eerily silent, deep, miles wide void. It literally took my breath away.

Never been there directly but I was on a flight to San Diego one year that stopped in Phoenix, and I remember the captain telling everyone to look out of the windows at the Grand Canyon, 15,000 feet below. Still absolutely incredible, even from that height.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So what Brighton players were there, considering that Chinese geezer is there too?

The Sussex players bottled the Taj Mahal trip, but a couple of the Australian NSW players graced our train carriage with their presence (probably knew Brett would be there :p)

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
So the least disappointing, then.

The Grand Canyon (as already mentioned elsewhere)
Las Vegas
Italy - why do people go to Spain or Greece for sun more than Italy?

Italy i agree with, but people choose Spain and Greece over Italy because Italy is twice the price!!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
The one that sticks in my mind which as a 10 year old child at the time was very thought provoking and powerful, which I suppose is the point of it remaining there!

Dachau
DachauE030.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here