Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The most annoying thing about non-football fans

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Danny Baker had it right: "Football. f***ing Football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor, half alive bastards."

I generally just pity people who don't like football.

I love the Great Man!

I also think he had it right, though, when he said that the kind of people who sit around and discuss tactics, formations, and detailed predictions, aren't those who really get football because people who have followed a proper team for years realise that watching football is 90% bad football, disappointing, and unpredictable. Which is why I try to discuss football as little as possible now.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'm not, was this a big topic of discussion there? I've followed the case mostly through my nytimes email and the daily show. My interest in NFL tends to come and go each year, sometimes I'll watch it every week of the season, other times just the superbowl, either way my interest in it isn't strong enough to join a discussion group on it. I'd be out of my depth.

Yes there is a hole section devoted to College Football there. I wrongly presumed you was an American Football fan due to your in depth knowledge of this case which would make less headlines here than a major NFL story.

No ones out of their depth on the NFLUK forums, where else can new fans to the game ask questions and learn.

You should pop over and check it out when your interest peaks again. :)

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
As someone who watched football and played rugby (I also played footy) I always find the football v rugby argument rather ironic. Each set of fans inevitably use the words thick, ignorant or stupid to describe the ‘others’ sport mainly because they do not understand each others sport. This in itself is ignorant. As a previous poster pointed out, just because you don’t like a sport, it doesn’t mean its crap. I hate tennis with a passion; I find it tedious to the nth degree however it doesn’t make it crap. I also hate Rugby league yet appreciate the skill involved and the ability of the players, it just that it doesn’t float my boat.
There are aspects of rugby that I don’t like, feeding the ball into scrums, the time it takes to set a scrum and mindless ‘kicking’ for position. Similarly I hate the diving, cheating and faking of injuries that you get in footy, however you have to take the good with the bad.
The reason rugby players/fans dislike football is predominately down to faking of injuries (it certainly pisses me off). The golden rule in rugby is that if you are punch, kicked or stamped on, you do not let the opposition know that they have hurt you. You simply inform your team mates of the incident and they will then deal with the matter accordingly.
How many times does a football player get touched on the face and then goes down like a sack of sh*t? Compare to rugby, to when some gets smacked in the face but still carries on with blood pouring down his face. If football player does this the he is a hero, for a rugby player it's another day at the office!
Faking of injuries is just not understood or accepted and the draconian punishments after bloodgate is a case in point.

Bit of a classic response if you don't mind me saying. I never said i dislike rugby, I don't really understand it and don't care enough to learn but i don't slag it off (apart the using the erm 'ball' for something which clearly is not...)

Its a bit like cricket, i don't understand that either and nor do i want to but i have spent many a day at the County Ground because its a good excuse to get pissed and is always a laugh.

Nor i i dislike the majority of rugby fans, my dad and plenty of friends watch it. The point i was making and the people i do not like are the over the top back slapping dickheads who go out of their way to try and suggest that a football fan is not a man. A 'real' man is a rugby man and as such all both football players and football fans are a bunch of soft touches.

There are plenty of them about and almost everyone will have had to sit in a pub at some point in their lives listening to these pricks slag off the game we enjoy. That was the point i was making

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The only thing worse than this in my mind is Rugby Fans. Not people who watch the world cups ones who stand at the bar in a pub with their mates all wearing their shirts. They ALWAYS make a point of watching football if it's on the Tele just so they can crow on about 'they're all a bunch of girls' 'f***ing poofs' 'play a real mans sport' 'oh look he's fallen over agsin' etc etc etc.

I pointed out to one of them once that if footballers trained and had a diet the same as a rugby player they would be much more solid however less fast and nimble. Also I mentioned that I am pretty sure that even the hardest biggest rugby player would fall to the ground and cry his eyes out if he got a proper crunching ankle tackle or some studs down the back of his calf. Was met with a couple of blank stares.

Wankers (plus a rugby ball isn't a ball. A ball is round, the only real absolute has to have feature of every ball. A rugby 'ball' is not round. So it is just a 'rugby')

A friend once was slagging football off saying anybody could play it and it was for pussys. I got so fed up of it i told him I would come and train with him at rugby if he would come training with me at football. he was absolutley shithouse at football and was made to look like a clumsey fool where I was asked to go back and train being quite short and quick it turned out playing on the wing for both rugby and football isnt to different, get the ball run with it my final ball in rugby was probably better than my crossing ability.

anyway that kept him shut up for a few years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here