Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The most annoying thing about non-football fans

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Only one of my close friends is an avid football fan. He travels the length and breadth of the country following Walsall.

Of the rest, there are some plastics, some who take a passing interest and some who dislike the sport.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest. Just talk about something else.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
[MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION]
I watch a lot of sports, although I've never bothered with the American ones (I watch some stuff on Czech telly that might be quite odd to most British tastes though). I sometimes think I love them all equally. But then if I try and imagine a hypothetical nightmarish future where all sports were to be banned, and I had to choose the one- and only one- which got a reprieve, I wouldn't even have to think about it for a millisecond.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Is definitely their need to explain to you why they think it's shit.

"It's just eleven men running around"
"What's the point? I don't get it!"
"Money, money, money"
"Blah blah blah!"

I don't care if you don't like football, each to their own; but for fecks sake don't talk to someone who loves it and expect them to give you anything than a pitying and/or angry look.

It'd be like me constantly saying to the girlfriend "What's the point of gardening? I don't get it, all those plants do is photosynthesise"

/Rant.

The only thing worse than this in my mind is Rugby Fans. Not people who watch the world cups ones who stand at the bar in a pub with their mates all wearing their shirts. They ALWAYS make a point of watching football if it's on the Tele just so they can crow on about 'they're all a bunch of girls' 'f***ing poofs' 'play a real mans sport' 'oh look he's fallen over agsin' etc etc etc.

I pointed out to one of them once that if footballers trained and had a diet the same as a rugby player they would be much more solid however less fast and nimble. Also I mentioned that I am pretty sure that even the hardest biggest rugby player would fall to the ground and cry his eyes out if he got a proper crunching ankle tackle or some studs down the back of his calf. Was met with a couple of blank stares.

Wankers (plus a rugby ball isn't a ball. A ball is round, the only real absolute has to have feature of every ball. A rugby 'ball' is not round. So it is just a 'rugby')

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I love sport, pretty much anything that involves a ball, be it Football, American Football, College Football, Cricket, Snooker etc and Boxing, F1 and so on.

Since when do boxing or F1 involve balls? :wink:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I like this quote from Fever Pitch....

A good retort to the idiotic "it's only a game" comment.

Sarah Hughes: Paul, it's only a game!

Paul Ashworth: DON'T SAY THAT! Please! That is the worst, most stupid thing anyone could say! Cause it quite clearly isn't "only a game." I mean if it was do you honestly think I'd care this much? Eh? Eighteen years! Eight-teen years! Do you know what you wanted eighteen years ago? Or ten? Or five? Did you want to be Head of Year at North London Comprehensive, I doubt it. I'd doubt if you wanted anything for that long. And if you had, and if you'd spent three months thinking that finally, FINALLY you were gonna get it and just when you think it's there it's taken away from you... I mean I don't care what it is, a car, a job, an Oscar, the baby... then you'd understand how I was feeling tonight. But there isn't, and you don't, so...

Sarah Hughes: So, so what, so f*** off, go home, leave you alone? I'll tell you something Paul, there isn't anything that I've wanted for eighteen years, cause I was a kid eighteen years ago. And if I did still want the same things I'd think I'd gone wrong somewhere, because actually I don't want to marry David Cassidy, I don't want bigger tits, I don't want to do better on my marks. I've stopped worrying about that kind of thing and maybe you should try.

Paul Ashworth: Well maybe there's a big bit of you that's gone missing somewhere, maybe everyone should want something they've always wanted.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Football may be 22 men chasing a pig's bladder across a field but Hamlet is only a load of ink squiggles on pieces of paper.

Exactly mate !

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Perhaps it is a good job there are non football fans , can you imagine the size the grounds would have to be to accommodate everyone. The Park and Ride/ trains would be even worse.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Men that don't like football are not men.

Same applies to Steak and Beer.

What? Steaks and beer that don't like football are not steaks and beer? Or do you mean steaks and beer that don't like football aren't men?

I'm confused...

Anyway, can someone explain which ones are the ones in blue and white?

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Men that don't like football are not men.

Same applies to Steak and Beer.

And curry.

Now you're just being crazy people. Why does a steak not liking football mean it's not a curry? What if it's a vegetarian beer? Can it still like football but not be a man 'cos it does not like steak? I heard that Spanish chap, Bruno Vincente or whatever his name is, likes wine which goes well with steak but you wouldn't mix it with beer and he plays soccerball so he must be a curry.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
The only thing worse than this in my mind is Rugby Fans. Not people who watch the world cups ones who stand at the bar in a pub with their mates all wearing their shirts. They ALWAYS make a point of watching football if it's on the Tele just so they can crow on about 'they're all a bunch of girls' 'f***ing poofs' 'play a real mans sport' 'oh look he's fallen over agsin' etc etc etc.

I pointed out to one of them once that if footballers trained and had a diet the same as a rugby player they would be much more solid however less fast and nimble. Also I mentioned that I am pretty sure that even the hardest biggest rugby player would fall to the ground and cry his eyes out if he got a proper crunching ankle tackle or some studs down the back of his calf. Was met with a couple of blank stares.

Wankers (plus a rugby ball isn't a ball. A ball is round, the only real absolute has to have feature of every ball. A rugby 'ball' is not round. So it is just a 'rugby')

more or less this.

I always HATED rugby with a passion as a kid, but as I got older and mellowed, realised that the world isn't always black and white, I tried to give it some respect. I even bothered to go and watch that WC final England won (watched it, went straight home and had my dinner) and infact the one they lost too.

However, being in Japan I am often surrounded by ex pat rugger buggers and their attitude just meant went back to my rugby hating ways. Worst is a good mate of mine. When he's had too much to drink he'll get really opinionated, claiming he 'understands' football as well, so he infact 'knows' that Rugby is better. He also comes out with the, 'you just kick it in the goal and that's it' bollocks.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
I'm not really a football "fan".

The only team I ever watch are Brighton. I don't watch match of the day or any other televised games other than Albion ones that I am not going to.

I do think footballers are a load of poofs compared to rugby players, with all the rolling around on the floor etc.

All that not withstanding I have an Albion season ticket, will have for life, follow the club very closely and sing as loud as I can at every game.

I really can't understand it. If it wasn't for Brighton I wouldn't follow footy at all I don't think.

Strange.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here