Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Manchester Derby, Man Utd v Man City, Carling Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg...

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Why do you love united so much?

I don't, I would have happily seen Man City go through I just have a huge amount of respect for Sir Alex who is a living legend, and players such as Scholes, Giggs and Rooney.

I don't know how anyone can say they were lucky? They missed a couple of sitters before that would have put City out of sight and thoroughly deserved their victory, although full credit to City who played their part in an epic contest.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Come on Villa please for cries sake, I don't want to see Alex Ferguson smirking face all over my television screen.

" Christ"

"Ferguson's"

I love you Kev

:thumbsup:

Great game in the second half, terrific to see such great players playing at their best....I don't like Fletcher at all! Richards looked immense and if he continues to play like that, he must be on the plane to SA.

I think I may become a PLASTIC Man City Fan

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Basically, Newton Heath, the original 1890s (?) club from which Manchester United was formed, wore the colours green and gold. Anti-Glazer fans have adopted those colours as an indication of their disapproval of the Glazers ownership of the club.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
serious answers please

It's an anti-Glazer protest.

Green and gold were the club's original colours when they were called Newton Heath.

I'm not sure what waving scarves really does in protest terms, but that's what it's in aid of.

onthebeach

Jul 15, 2009
....and the reds go marching on on on!!!!!!!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Basically, Newton Heath, the original 1890s (?) club from which Manchester United was formed, wore the colours green and gold. Anti-Glazer fans have adopted those colours as an indication of their disapproval of the Glazers ownership of the club.

It's an anti-Glazer protest.

Green and gold were the club's original colours when they were called Newton Heath.

I'm not sure what waving scarves really does in protest terms, but that's what it's in aid of.

Not wanting to be pedantic, but during its days as Newton Heath, the club played in a number of different colours, the most remembered being the yellow and green halved shirts worn from 1878 to 1892, and then again between 1894 and 1896, remembered because this strip was revived as an away kit in the early 1990s. Other kits worn by Newton Heath included a red and white quartered shirt (1892–1894) and a plain white shirt (1896–1902), both worn with blue shorts. In 1902, while playing in "White and Navy "in conjunction with the name change to Manchester United, the club changed its colours to red jerseys, white shorts and black socks,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here