[Politics] The Mail Woke List…..

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It is pretty muddled up in 2023.

Lots of racists within these "woke" groups nowadays.

It's not just the right espousing openly racist views anymore.
The only person on the whole thread to mention race is you.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
O but clever man you don't know who I was. Whats the relevance of being a former poster??

No real relevance, but it shows that you lie constantly, the same as so many accounts of a certain type that get banned and then tediously reappear under a new name (although I suspect significantly less posters than accounts) :wink:

From an entertainment point of view, it's hilarious when you 'secretly' come back under yet a different account, thinking no one will spot you, but are so stupid that you get found out immediately :lolol:

But, rather than find a friend or a hobby, you keep putting on those false glasses and nose and trying to sneak back into a pub where everyone despises you, convinced that this time they won't notice :facepalm:

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
The Archbishop of Canterbury called Churchill a White Supremacist. Lineker was born woke.
What’s your definition of ‘woke’?

Churchill held some views on race that would be looked at unfavourably by most, in this day and age.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
Woke is a huge danger to normal everyday life. Its the thing that gets you sacked after years and years being respected as someone well known in your profession because you said one small thing that some nutter did not like. Its the thing that means your misses might get raped by the geezer claiming he's a bird and sees her in the female changing rooms. Its the reason kids know everything about wanking etc when they are 5 because the sex mad woke brigade shove it down their throats at school.And I could go on and on.
Please answer the point about Lineker being born woke. I get you don't like his views but I doubt he was born with them.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
The Daily Mail mail creating lists of 'woke' people is pure (and unsubtle) propaganda.

No different from the US government's cold war McCarthyism, the stories currently being told to the Russian people by Putin, to the Indian people by Modi and to the Chinese people by the communist party.

Lies, built on kernal's of truth and told for the same reason. To keep a rich and powerful group in power, at the expense of everyone else by distracting the majority and making us believe that the 'enemy' is anyone but them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Daily Mail mail creating lists of 'woke' people is pure (and unsubtle) propaganda.

No different from the US government's cold war McCarthyism, the stories currently being told to the Russian people by Putin, to the Indian people by Modi and to the Chinese people by the communist party.

Lies, built on kernal's of truth and told for the same reason. To keep a rich and powerful group in power, at the expense of everyone else by distracting the majority and making us believe that the 'enemy' is anyone but them.
In other words, culture wars as a distraction.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Only left wing berks on here allowed then?
Not really.

As we constantly seem to have to point out the main way to get banned, or otherwise censured, from here is to be a dick.

We have a moderating team. That team includes a member of the Tory party and the site owner who is on record as having voted a number of different ways in elections. Moving on to the 'permanently banned' list we have Plooks who was about as far left as you get and Swansman whose politics, anti-Semitism included, were straight out of the Jeremy Corbyn playbook.

NSC is a 'pub' and all are welcome. In return, the innkeepers will sling you out if you keep butting into people's conversations with stuff specifically designed to provoke a reaction before sitting up on your barstool and drunkenly professing how clever you are.

Increasingly, however, it seems this behaviour comes from the alt/far right who are also way more snowflakey about complaining against the resulting sanctions. I wonder why that is?

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Why wouldn't it be about race?

That's literally the foundation of its origins in the 20's and 30's :lolol:

Martin Luther King made a speech referencing being awake through a great revolution in 1968.

Keep up at the back.
So if you're anti-woke you're a racist?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Our society is obsessed with categorising people. There is so much insecurity out there that many do not feel comfortable unless they can pin a label on someone. They feel they know everything about them once they define them. It is not acceptable to sit somewhere in the middle and have no affiliation to Left or Right or to be apolitical. There is a messianic drive to attach to causes, which become cults. Recent generations now see life through polarised lenses. Its our viewpoint or nothing.
Our schools have moved more towards teaching children what to think rather than how to think. Debate now is shallow. When you can only see one point of view, what is the point in prolonging the discussion.
I still don't fully understand what ' woke ' is. What it means. What it represents. I guess its purpose is to categorise certain people. Neat and tidy. We know what you stand for and we pity you, you poor misguided soul. We know best. Its pack mentality and its only heading in one direction.
The education system has failed successive generations. ( Thank you Anthony Crosland ) and our kids are pulled apart by social media influence.
Perhaps someone can give me an accurate definition, not generalised, of ' woke ' and then I might be able to understand its usage. Then again, probably not, as I am still trying to get my head around cricket being labelled ' institutionally racist '

Thank you for your intelligent post.

The pigeon-holing, slurs, you’re with us or an enemy …. comes from both the left and right. Exemplified by the :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep: culture wars.

It is possible to not join in and be a far happier person. Don’t do twatter, comments sections on newspaper sites, Mail/Mirror/Scum, be wary/steer clear of skewed opinionated pieces on Guardian/Telegraph, be open minded and do your own research to something call “facts” (courtesy of IFS, ONS etc).

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
This is just an angle of attack from a desperate Conservative Party, through one of their mouthpieces in the media. We’ll be seeing a lot of this tactic in other Tory media, deflection from the key issues.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
In other words, culture wars as a distraction.
Yes, but I think it goes a little further.

I believe the economic 'right' have understood that they are begining to lose the economic argument (eg the pushback against rail and water monopolies extracting private profit from public funds). Their solution is to align economic 'left' politics with a specifc set of cultural views and then to use their hold over the media to pursuade people that the greatest threat to society is a few poor brown people in boats, trans women and some middle class kids throwing powder around at sporting events. It's not a new tactic but it's been stepped up a level.

Seems to be going pretty well for them so far.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
News flash, there's lots of racists within the "woke" mob too.
Not the question I asked you. Classic whataboutism in fact. And hardly a 'newsflash' when I attributed some anti-semitism to the left in a post before you posted this.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Jesus christ there really is no hope with some people 🤦‍♂️

I must have missed all these stories about wives being raped in the manner you describe.

And tell us more about what you know for certain re 5 yr olds being taught about wanking and how else primary aged children are taught RSE. I work in education so I'd love to know what you actually know and what you're just quoting from made up shit in the DM (for a start, 5 year olds don't get taught about wanking, obviously ffs).
I had assumed it was a parody account.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Not the question I asked you. Classic whataboutism in fact.

Wrong, it simply points out that there's a bunch of people in here decrying the anti-woke mob are of a certain type of person who are throwing their lot in with the woke mob without even knowing their views.

Views that aren't dissimilar at times to the people they supposedly can't stand.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It's all so facking tedious. And it will never, ever stop. The desire to divide seems to be stronger than ever, but the attempts seem to be becoming more and more trivial at every attempt.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Wrong, it simply points out that there's a bunch of people in here decrying the anti-woke mob are of a certain type of person who are throwing their lot in with the woke mob without even knowing their views.

Views that aren't dissimilar at times to the people they supposedly can't stand.
OK mate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here