Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Sun Kil Moon playing at St Georges Church. Amazing news, except its £28 a ticket! More than they cost at the Barbican!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Just got home from Super Furries. I first saw them in 1995, and have seen them many times since. Obviously I haven't seen them for six years.

They were incredible. There is NO band that I would prefer to see. They remain the World's greatest band.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Just got home from Super Furries. I first saw them in 1995, and have seen them many times since. Obviously I haven't seen them for six years.

They were incredible. There is NO band that I would prefer to see. They remain the World's greatest band.

I was there too loved it. 3rd time I've seen them always great live, felt there was a bit of a mid-set lull probably due to playing 4 consecutive tracks of Mwng which slowed the pace. Thought the gig really caught fire from the encore and the final 6/7 songs were all epic.

Noticed only one track from the previous 3 albums Zoom. Would have like to have seen show your hand, Ohio heat and something from the last album that I like.

Still played for 130 minutes and must have played c.25 songs

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I was there too loved it. 3rd time I've seen them always great live, felt there was a bit of a mid-set lull probably due to playing 4 consecutive tracks of Mwng which slowed the pace. Thought the gig really caught fire from the encore and the final 6/7 songs were all epic.

Noticed only one track from the previous 3 albums Zoom. Would have like to have seen show your hand, Ohio heat and something from the last album that I like.

Still played for 130 minutes and must have played c.25 songs

I thought the set list was superb. Yes, there was only Zoom from the last 3 albums, and the 4 consecutive Mwng songs dampened the atmosphere for a few minutes - it sounded like everyone was talking - but they pretty much chose to play what I'd have asked them to apart from this.

Mrs PM was hoping for 'Baby ate my 8 ball', in an ironic, 'it's just silly' kind of way.

And Zoom was just wonderful.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Black (as in Wonderful Life guy) at the Windlesham Theatre. A change of pace. Will be seeing The Go! Team at the Boileroom in Guildford at the end of the month.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought the set list was superb. Yes, there was only Zoom from the last 3 albums, and the 4 consecutive Mwng songs dampened the atmosphere for a few minutes - it sounded like everyone was talking - but they pretty much chose to play what I'd have asked them to apart from this.

Mrs PM was hoping for 'Baby ate my 8 ball', in an ironic, 'it's just silly' kind of way.

And Zoom was just wonderful.

Sounds great. Would have loved to have been there. And I love Baby Ate My 8 Ball.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Avoiding thinking about the fact that I'm missing the Furries tonight (too expensive, and Brixton Academy...) with Lower Dens at The Green Door Store. They were great last time I saw them in Brighton at the Hope so expecting more of the same - new album is great.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do DJs count as live music? Off to Berghain to catch Tom Diciccio and Bicep.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Me and a good friend have just bought tickets for this. As raging teenage Marillion fans we both saw this the first time round....a whopping 30 years ago.

Can anyone out uncool me?

Got my tickets for the Friday night at Islington for this. Will be interesting to see who has put on more weight in 30 years - me or Fish. It might be a close run thing!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Got my tickets for the Friday night at Islington for this. Will be interesting to see who has put on more weight in 30 years - me or Fish. It might be a close run thing!

Excellent. Myself and Cheeky are also going Friday. Think it's a draw in the Fish/Tubthumper hair stakes!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Swans are coming to town? Worth seeing?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Anyone going to see the return of Mrs Murphy wed night?
image.jpg

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Roisin absolutely nailed it tonight. Effortless class. Night peaked for me with Simulation leading into Jealousy into Exploitation. I do like a wardrobe change too. Fabulous.
image.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here