Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Four days until Super Furries in Brixton. Surely I can't be alone in being hugely excited about this?

No I'll be there too. Shame we miss the after party which is the Saturday but should be a great night.

Just got my Hot Chip tickets through for Brixton 22nd Oct also have Black Grape & DFA 1979 at the Concorde 2 plus Chromeo at Somerset House in July.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
No I'll be there too. Shame we miss the after party which is the Saturday but should be a great night.

Just got my Hot Chip tickets through for Brixton 22nd Oct also have Black Grape & DFA 1979 at the Concorde 2 plus Chromeo at Somerset House in July.

I am also going to Death from Above.

Black Grape!? Wow. I saw them years ago, at The Event. Loved it.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Go for it! I have a few boxes of Kerrangs in my father's attic. I had a peek at some a couple of years back and it was quite interesting to see top metal bands touring for £5 a ticket and a whole page of demo tapes adverts from awfully named and looking provincial rock bands.

I remember seeing a band at the Thieves Kitchen in Worthing back in the 80's who had a song called "give her an ice cream and watch her melt". Every so often that song would come back into my mind so I looked them up and they were a band from Barnsley called 'Cry' who have reformed. Better still, I found their website and managed to download that song plus a few others.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
One for [MENTION=19671]CorgiRegisteredFriend[/MENTION] - Half Man Half Biscuit will be playing Kentish Town on 15th October. I already have tickets for something else that evening so need to decide which one to ditch.

Thanks for heads up! Probably the furthest south they will play this year. Out of interest who have you got tickets for that night?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Any early info on Together the People line up?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nick Cave tonight!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Lucky you. Enjoy

Thanks. By the way, Peter Brötzman is playing again in June, 2 nights. Annoyingly I'm seeing Sleaford Mods on his first night he is playing and it's the Frau's birthday on the 2nd.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Thanks for heads up! Probably the furthest south they will play this year. Out of interest who have you got tickets for that night?

We booked tickets to see Chris Ramsay (comedian) that night. Might see if Mrs DCH fancies going to see him with her sister while I go up to Kentish Town for HMHB with my mate.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cave gets better with age. A fantastic night.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The Lovely Eggs tonight. Will be a welcome relief to all this election coverage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here