Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Leon Knight Appreciation Thread

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Brighton1 said:
We are all entitled to our own opinions, and by the rest of yours I'm probably in the minority. Having played a few hundred games in the county league I think I have an idea on the game and believe Leon is a lazy, non team player that thinks he is far better than reality. Apart from not harasing defenders enough and chasing the ball accross the back lines he can only score from the penalty spot. Who would want a player in their team with his record in this league and for his complete lack of work rate? I would be pleased to see the back of him.......Sorry to all you Leon lovers but were better off without him.

:clap: :clap:

What makes you think that you're in the minority though? There are only a small number of people on here who think differently.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
Funny how these Leon Knight glorification threads are all from 2003. Are we thinking that Silent Bob had a bit of trouble finding one from the years after that :D
Nope, it's just that I don't spend my entire life trawling through every thread like you do. :)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Repugnant Toad said:
Indeed they were ... a quality manager, a passing team, a united dressing room ...

Do you actually remember who was Albion Manager when Knight had his good season? Thought not.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Silent Bob said:
Nope, it's just that I don't spend my entire life trawling through every thread like you do. :)
You wouldn't need to. Surely you just search on "Leon Knight" and restrict your search to the past couple of years.

Sadly, he's done f*** all in this division, he doesn't try and he's a whinging tosser. Good riddance to the short arsed tosspot.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Simster said:
You wouldn't need to. Surely you just search on "Leon Knight" and restrict your search to the past couple of years.

Sadly, he's done f*** all in this division, he doesn't try and he's a whinging tosser. Good riddance to the short arsed tosspot.

Rubbish, he's been played out of position, or upfront by himself.
He's never been given a decent chance upfront, he played on the bloody wing most of last season.
Mcgoo has sucked out any bit of confidence he had and played a blinder in being a twat.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
n1 gull said:
He's never been given a decent chance upfront, he played on the bloody wing most of last season.
Mcgoo has sucked out any bit of confidence he had and played a blinder in being a twat.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
n1 gull said:

No matter which position he's played in he is too small, if he had any drive whatso ever he would use McGhee's lectures and motivate himself....any striker worth his salt could make a silk purse out of a sows ear of a cross and score - Leon simply can't in this division and may possibly cost us this league...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
tedebear said:
Leon ... may possibly cost us this league...

How do you work that one out then?

The crappy 4-5-1 period at the start of the season with the Coca-Cola Kid up-front to zero effect cost us much more than anything Leon may or may not have done.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It is quite amusing that people just can't see that a diminuitive (or you can carry on calling him short arse if you want) striker is NEVER going to score regularly in this league unless he has somebody up with him that can provide knock downs and flick ons, especially considering for much of last season we were playing a long ball game and trying to win most games 1-0 through set pieces. He's not had the chance to perform to his potential and contrary to what a lot of people think I believe he's worked his arse off for this club but the only time people ever take notice is when he's not chasing 1 ball out of 10 down and he gets an earful. Granted he has had his off periods but so does every player, it seems unless he's playing out of his skin he will be seen to be doing shit.

I say good luck to him because I think he has got bags of talent and if this is used correctly he could do really well.

n1 gull said:
he played on the bloody wing most of last season.

He played on the wing for at most 4 or 5 games, but was so bollocks at that too (particularly in the Coventry away game) that McGhee gave up in frustration at this attempt No 459 to rescue the little shit's Albion career.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Tom Hark said:
How do you work that one out then?

The crappy 4-5-1 period at the start of the season with the Coca-Cola Kid up-front to zero effect cost us much more than anything Leon may or may not have done.

how do you expect us to stay up with a striker who can't score? McGhee's tried to motivate him by every means possible and he still isn't cutting the mustard....a few goals might be all the different we need!!

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
It is quite amusing that people just can't see that a diminuitive (or you can carry on calling him short arse if you want) striker is NEVER going to score regularly in this league unless he has somebody up with him that can provide knock downs and flick ons, especially considering for much of last season we were playing a long ball game and trying to win most games 1-0 through set pieces. He's not had the chance to perform to his potential and contrary to what a lot of people think I believe he's worked his arse off for this club but the only time people ever take notice is when he's not chasing 1 ball out of 10 down and he gets an earful. Granted he has had his off periods but so does every player, it seems unless he's playing out of his skin he will be seen to be doing shit.

I say good luck to him because I think he has got bags of talent and if this is used correctly he could do really well.

good point actually CTS !! Although still think he's too small for a striker - maybe a jockey?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
tedebear said:
McGhee's tried to motivate him by every means possible and he still isn't cutting the mustard....

And what means might they be, out of interest? Chopping and changing who he plays with? Changing his position completely?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
He played on the wing for at most 4 or 5 games, but was so bollocks at that too (particularly in the Coventry away game) that McGhee gave up in frustration at this attempt No 459 to rescue the little shit's Albion career.
That would be the Coventry game where he had two men on him the whole time because they knew he was one of our very few dangerous players?

Silent Bob said:
That would be the Coventry game where he had two men on him the whole time because they knew he was one of our very few dangerous players?

You wish. Any strong quick Championship-level defender can put Leon in his pocket because your little shit has no pace and no heart for any physical contact whatsoever. That's why his goal-scoring record is a pile of crap.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
tedebear said:
Although still think he's too small for a striker - maybe a jockey?

With his record, he'd probably fall out with the horses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here