Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Labour Government

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Nail on head. If people don't like the job in the private sector they should apply for a job in the public sector; similarly, if they don't like the job in the public sector they should apply to the private sector. There is no point anyone from either side complaining about what the conditions were at a carefully selected date in the past; look at conditions now, and make your choice.

(The golden age for public sector pensions was about 1997-2015, after Gordon Brown had changed the dividends that made private sector final salary pensions untenable, but before anyone in government spotted that public sector workers had such a vast advantage. They have since changed the system so that private sector employees get 3% of salary paid as an employer bonus to their pension while public sector workers still get (I'm told) a little more than that.)

That’s very relevant about the taking away of tax credits reclaims on DB pension schemes. Also the dot.com crash and people living far longer.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The implosion of Labours lunatic policies are already starting to destroy the people it hasnt a clue how to serve. Pensioners worse off, placing blame for riots on one sector of society without real evidence, clueless how to tackle law and order and the unions are laughing their backsides off, it wont be long before we have a national strike, some say we already have and as for the health care service if you thought it was bad under the Tories i dread what the looney lefties wil do to our NHS. The country needs reform and not Starmers idea of it.
This entry was a work of art, prose to end all prose. It felt like Chaucer meets a Wesley sermon. I can see the masses in the open fields, thirsting for more. As a young Henry Fielding strains his ears at the back whilst suddenly realising his life's vocation.

Don't ever leave us.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If the fascists aren’t happy then I’d suggest it’s going rather well, TBH
I think he means that by the time the authorities have rounded up the few thousand far right scumbags, there won’t be in room in our prisons for their 5 year+ sentances as the Tories ran them into the ground.

Perhaps Rwanda can help us out?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think he means that by the time the authorities have rounded up the few thousand far right scumbags, there won’t be in room in our prisons for their 5 year+ sentances as the Tories ran them into the ground.

Perhaps Rwanda can help us out?
Maybe we could get them doing National Service? Learn a bit of respect for the country rather than smashing it up?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It’s not going very well is it.
Looks good to me. At least we know who the horrible racist part of society really is now and they can be locked up for a while

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The implosion of Labours lunatic policies are already starting to destroy the people it hasnt a clue how to serve. Pensioners worse off, placing blame for riots on one sector of society without real evidence, clueless how to tackle law and order and the unions are laughing their backsides off, it wont be long before we have a national strike, some say we already have and as for the health care service if you thought it was bad under the Tories i dread what the looney lefties wil do to our NHS. The country needs reform and not Starmers idea of it.
Points of order.
Pensioners are not worse off. The pensioners that need the help will still get it, and others generally don’t need it.

A pensioner (who is pleased others are being helped)

I think a former Director of Public Prosecutions has more of a clue on how to tackle law & order than someone on a football forum.
This is similar to the riots of 1981 when the ‘looney left’ were governing- wait, no that was Thatcher.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Why should the armed forces be saddled with them?
There was a programme on the BBC at least that is what I seem to remember where young offenders of all persuasions where given the option of custody or joining the programme where they had to do 1950s or 60s style military training with the old style Sargent majors.
Some only lasted a day or two they couldn't take discipline but others actually loved it and ended up joining the regular army.
It was a great watch

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There was a programme on the BBC at least that is what I seem to remember where young offenders of all persuasions where given the option of custody or joining the programme where they had to do 1950s or 60s style military training with the old style Sargent majors.
Some only lasted a day or two they couldn't take discipline but others actually loved it and ended up joining the regular army.
It was a great watch
Yes, I know. I served with a lad from Glasgow who was in court, and offered the choice of Borstal or the forces. He joined the Navy.
Our armed forces have been run into the ground and couldn’t cope with looking after miscreants now as well as their jobs.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Yes, I know. I served with a lad from Glasgow who was in court, and offered the choice of Borstal or the forces. He joined the Navy.
Our armed forces have been run into the ground and couldn’t cope with looking after miscreants now as well as their jobs.
They most certainly couldn't cope now, totally agree.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It’s not going very well is it.
Yep. Let's get the Tories back in power as soon as we can to take back control of our borders, stop the boats and control immigration like they always have.

Sorry, you've got that wrong, @Giraffe didn't think the Tories were democratic, so he's gone full on Nige devotee, blaming all the violence of the last few nights on the current Government o_O

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Oh dear, the next ten years (and I confidently expect it to be a decade) are going to feel a long long time for you. I don't know of course but I suspect you might have preferred mendacious tory cronyism to continue for at least another parliament. This government will get better as it settles into power and I prefer the politicians running our country to be less corrupt than the previous cabal....

As for Reform grifters, they offer nothing but sideline carping and infantile, simplistic solutions that don't really survive close scrutiny. They always appeal to emotion rather than logic.

Last edited:

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
It was a great watch
The last thing this country needs is a bunch of angry, gammon faced racists being trained by professional soldiers.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Let's be honest, miscreants have been running away to sea since time immemorial.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here