Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Labour Government

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Starmer is happy to pay more money to Ukraine , pay £117 Million to protect Muslim Communities in Britain than keep pensioners in his own country the chance to stay warm during the winter.
Says it all about the man in my opinion.

Complete lack of humanity to those being murdered and raped in Ukraine. Well done.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

After resolving the junior Doctor's pay dispute in 3 weeks, less than one month in and interest rates come down. I was told this government was going to cost me 2000 a year :shrug:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

After resolving the junior Doctor's pay dispute in 3 weeks, less than one month in and interest rates come down. I was told this government was going to cost me 2000 a year :shrug:

I don't believe it's actually been voted on yet, but agree it's good that it's (looking likely) solved

More trouble looming maybe?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ask the OAPs when winter sets in how it's all going.
I presume you’re referring to the focussing of the winter fuel payment to those who really need it?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I will be honest and say I have never been a student of the rights and wrongs of the Iraq war. Apart from that, he was still a far, far better aprime Minister than Johnson.
Johnson and his government arguably killed thousands of people through his mismanagement of the COVID pandemic - as per the recent first report of the enquiry. He lied to the people and to everyone else about parties. He misled and lied to parliament. He was aiming to deceive the Queen over the prorogation of Parliament.
i would have no doubt that Starmer had no intention of changing the arrangements for the Winter Fuel payment…… until consideration of it was forced upon the government by the state of the finances the Tories left behind. Do I trust Starmer and co more that I do the three most recent Tory Prime Ministers and their governments? The answer to that is, I’m afraid, an emphatic yes.

I have no idea whether this is true or not, and I am pretty certain that you don't either. But this is what Reeves said and of course you are only too pleased to believe it.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Marvellous. And when I see you for that we can book in a date for fitting my stents too.
I'm still a big fan of David Crosby and he had eight stents, the maximum allowed. I feel like I could handle installing just one if he's singing in the background.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Your presumption, as always, is wide of the mark.
Apologies. I presumed you were talking about todays announcement. In this case I don’t know ahah you mean then.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good idea! What do you think they'll say? Any predictions?
“These new 5p pieces are a bit fiddly”
“IT’S QUARTER PAST TWO!”
“I’m 82 you know”
“That Nigel Farage seems like a nice young man”

This is the usual chat from the elderly.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I have no idea whether this is true or not, and I am pretty certain that you don't either. But this is what Reeves said and of course you are only too pleased to believe it.
Ok, perhaps I should have put “I personally would have no doubt…..”. I do not subscribe to the “they’re all the same“ view of politicians.
and to be honest I have long thought it ridiculous that we as a couple both received the winter fuel payment - I would have had no problem if the Tories had removed it, while realising that (as many on here have pointed out) there are pensioners who now will not receive it who do actually need it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here