Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Labour Government

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I’ve seen milk left on a sunny window sill age better than this post.
No point. He’s not a humility sort of bloke, he’s Labour til he dies and that’s absolutely fine. It does of course colour everything he says about politics

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Alastair Campbell was very fair on Nicky Campbell this morning, for once ditching the aggressive one-eyed persona. Very clearly pointing out the management failings to date, on what should’ve been done. Love or hate him, he knows what he’s talking about it.

One thing he said was that the huge gap between the GE and the first budget is a kinda record, a mistake. It was unnecessary and has added to feeling of injustice over WFP.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm aware it hasn't gone too well of late, but it did help the transition from opposition to government.
Did she, though?

I'm not saying she didn't, but the impression I've taken from news coverage - generally from the likes of Chris Mason and Henry Zeffman on 5Live whilst out walking the dog is...

- Labour had years to plan for regaining power, yet seem to have entered government with almost no plan at all.
- Allowed freebie-gate to just run and run and run. They never got ahead of the story to shut it down - it ran away from them and they just couldn't get it under control.
- She had no party politics experience which found her seriously wanting, as well as pissing off a lot of people she really needed onside.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Did she, though?

I'm not saying she didn't, but the impression I've taken from news coverage - generally from the likes of Chris Mason and Henry Zeffman on 5Live whilst out walking the dog is...

- Labour had years to plan for regaining power, yet seem to have entered government with almost no plan at all.
- Allowed freebie-gate to just run and run and run. They never got ahead of the story to shut it down - it ran away from them and they just couldn't get it under control.
- She had no party politics experience which found her seriously wanting, as well as pissing off a lot of people she really needed onside.
All of this. She has been an absolute millstone around the new government’s neck. Very few actual plans seemed to much to have been put in place and deep disquiet about her among the cabinet started within weeks of the election - as revealed on NSC, weeks before the main media organisations started reporting it.

Funnily enough, apparently it was a couple of Kevin Bridges gags on HIGNFY on BBC1 prime time Friday night that finally promoted the PM to pick up the phone and say enough is enough.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
No point. He’s not a humility sort of bloke, he’s Labour til he dies and that’s absolutely fine. It does of course colour everything he says about politics

He's pretty docile in comparison to one or two others, though they're still knocking themselves off over their triumph.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here