Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Labour Government

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Happy political parties don’t have MP’s resign the whip 89 days into their term, they aren’t mired in ethics scandals in that short period since taking Downing Street, they don’t have embarrassing leaks questioning who’s actually in charge at Number 10.

And crucially they don’t introduce a thoroughly un-Labour benefit cut which their own reports say will directly lead to increased numbers of deaths this winter, absolutely tanking their approval ratings practically overnight - all for minimal financial gain.

It’s been a shocking start.
And the rumours circulating at present this bullshit from the government is about to get worse….

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I don’t see dishonesty.

I see honestly lavished with gifts and privileged hospitality.
He has lived about his reason for living in Alli's flat. He claims that he was giving his son peace and quiet for his GCSE revision, a month after they had finished.

As for the speech he made about working from home, saying how important it was that we all follow the rules, while doing it from someone else's home? Considering how scathing he was about Johnson and Cummings? Even if it doesn't reach the threshold of an outright lie, it is certainly not honest, and it is steamingly hypocritical. (And not declared on the register of interests. )

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He has lived about his reason for living in Alli's flat. He claims that he was giving his son peace and quiet for his GCSE revision, a month after they had finished.

As for the speech he made about working from home, saying how important it was that we all follow the rules, while doing it from someone else's home? Considering how scathing he was about Johnson and Cummings? Even if it doesn't reach the threshold of an outright lie, it is certainly not honest, and it is steamingly hypocritical. (And not declared on the register of interests. )

I haven’t followed the detail. During the lockdowns did he stay with a friend, yet lie about it?

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I haven’t followed the detail. During the lockdowns did he stay with a friend, yet lie about it?
He travelled to a friend's house to make a speech about how we must all work from home, however inconvenient it may be.

He didn't say in words that he was speaking from his own home, but he did arrange some family photos and Christmas cards to give that impression.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
But all you’re doing is rubbishing the genuine stuff and lumping it in with the Popbitch gossip.

I can’t be arsed to look back, but I can 99.99% assume that, for instance, when David Cameron was being accused of sticking his dick in a dead pig’s head, you were likely fully on board with that shite.

Right now they’re/he‘s getting a kicking from all sides because his popularity in and out of the party has tanked, and there will be false rumour, innuendo and so on because of it.

It’s a shyster move; latch onto the untrue bit and use it as an excuse to pooh-pooh all the legitimate complaints. Hone in on specifics with double-speak and arguing points not claimed.

I want Starmer to turn it around for the sake of the country, and to prevent the Tories coming back next election, but he’s going to have to completely change practically everything he says and done from hereon.

Whatever he’s doing now, do the exact opposite.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Victoria Sponge.

IMG_3392.jpeg

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
But all you’re doing is rubbishing the genuine stuff and lumping it in with the Popbitch gossip.

I can’t be arsed to look back, but I can 99.99% assume that, for instance, when David Cameron was being accused of sticking his dick in a dead pig’s head, you were likely fully on board with that shite.

Right now they’re/he‘s getting a kicking from all sides because his popularity in and out of the party has tanked, and there will be false rumour, innuendo and so on because of it.

It’s a shyster move; latch onto the untrue bit and use it as an excuse to pooh-pooh all the legitimate complaints. Hone in on specifics with double-speak and arguing points not claimed.

I want Starmer to turn it around for the sake of the country, and to prevent the Tories coming back next election, but he’s going to have to completely change practically everything he says and done from hereon.

Whatever he’s doing now, do the exact opposite.

😅 That's all he's ever done.

Why don't you write to him and offer his office / party a donation and then see if he'd like to implement any of the policies you'd like to see?

They're still canvassing for more and undecided on things. 👍🏻

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
The last lot drank the finest wines on the country’s ticket while the plebs were banged up on house arrest. And yet Starmer’s the problem?
That’s an absolute travesty of the truth, but such wilful misrepresentation is why I’m absolutely thrilled from head to toe to see Starmer and co so regally f*cking up, and watching his popularity drop to even below Sunak's lowest point.

Johnson's 'crime', such as it was, wasn’t "carousing into the wee small hours night after night" as one of his opponents claimed behind the protection of HoC privilege. Johnson was accused of knowing that there had been at least 3 social gatherings to mark people leaving No 10, despite claiming he didn’t know.

If you don’t think that 'the plebs' were having their own small gatherings in similar circumstances, you’re incredibly naive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here