The Jeremy Corbyn thread

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Aside from proving once again that it doesn't matter how many Corbyn supporters turn up at a rally, nobody's going to vote for him, this is a massive result for the Lib Dems. I know the area quite well and it's surprising to say the least. Especially the collapse of the Ukip vote. 31.8% swing is huge.

I don't think it's too surprising. Lib Dems have been strong in Sheffield in the past. Labour's London centric leadership ignore their northern working class core at their peril..

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I don't think it's too surprising. Lib Dems have been strong in Sheffield in the past. Labour's London centric leadership ignore their northern working class core at their peril..

Strong in Sheffield yes but Mosborough is usually staunch Labour with rising support for Ukip. That's why this is an eye opener. Agree with your second sentence entirely btw.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
So we enter the conference season and it will be interesting to see how those anti Corbyn MP,s react to his leaders speech ? Will they turn-up ? If so will they stand and clap ? Could be interesting.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
So we enter the conference season and it will be interesting to see how those anti Corbyn MP,s react to his leaders speech ? Will they turn-up ? If so will they stand and clap ? Could be interesting.

False smiles, gritted teeth, lukewarm applause? This could be the last Labour conference before a possible split/schism, popcorn at the ready.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Might be worth merging todays Thornberry thread with this one as both are concerned with the basic incompetence of the current Labour Shadow Cabinet and the likely consequences to Labour the next time Voters have their say via the Ballot Box? :dunce:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not content with just sending condolences to the victims of 9/11 he has to qualify the statement with a deliberately inflammatory caveat.

[tweet]774941230203633664[/tweet]

What's strange though is that when he previously said "I’m happy to commemorate all those who died fighting for an independent Ireland" he made no mention of the IRA victims.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'm continually impressed by Corbyn each time I hear him speak. He wiped the floor with Smith, which lets face it was easy.
Like a heavyweight champion boxer he can only beat who is put in front of him.

On today's evidence at PMQs he still needs to find tougher opponents.

I'm sure it has been said elsewhere but the full extent of the disaster that is this country sleepwalking into Brexit combined with extended years of self-serving Tory government cannot be overestimated.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
As a Tory I cannot wait for the Labour party conference, it is going to be must see television for so many reasons. Firstly to watch JC and his disciples looking untouchable as they attempt to walk on water, then to see the panic on some of their faces as the party begins to split, and lastly to hopefully see the beginnings of a genuine opposition to the one party state we are becoming. Bring it on!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
and lastly to hopefully see the beginnings of a genuine opposition to the one party state we are becoming. Bring it on!
If you want a foretaste then I'd recommend BBC iPlayer and watching PMQs from today.

Theresa May's pathetic attempt at a flagship policy on grammar schools was blown out of the water by Jeremy Corbyn. Relying on intelligent analysis of the available evidence, in order to determine the best interests of the many in our country and not the privileged minority, he was able to slaughter May and expose her for the dull old Tory that she is. More of the same please!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If you want a foretaste then I'd recommend BBC iPlayer and watching PMQs from today.

Theresa May's pathetic attempt at a flagship policy on grammar schools was blown out of the water by Jeremy Corbyn. Relying on intelligent analysis of the available evidence, in order to determine the best interests of the many in our country and not the privileged minority, he was able to slaughter May and expose her for the dull old Tory that she is. More of the same please!

You keep believing! :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here