Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Inter/AC game

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Roger Mellie said:
Have seen footage and it is indeed a sad day for football. Even when hit by a flare from the crowd a football player is so used to exagerating his injury that he does a pathetic 360 degree rolypoly when hit on his shoulder. A rocket up the arse is what these lightweights need deserve and probably crave.
Aparently he has first degree burns. I think most people would roll around if their shoulder was burning :nono:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
What a farcical game that was.

How Shevchenko stayed on the pitch after quite obviously headbutting Matterazzi (i think) is beyond me. Inter should have had 2 penalties and the scenes the followed the disallowed goal (which was perfectly legal) are beyond desription. I didn't believe it was that bad after hearing it on the radio so I stayed up for the highlights and couldn't believe my eyes.

There need to be serious ramifications not only for Inter but for Italian football as a whole after this and the Frisk incident at Rom earlier in the season. McCoist made the most incisive comment of his life last night when he questioned exactly how they managed to smuggle in so many flares in the first place. There's an inherent problem in Italian football where the hooligans seem to rule the roost at a lot of stadiums. Just look at the incidents at the San Siro in recent times! Last night, the Italy/Scotland game where rioting took place, the Wales games last year with the scooter incident...it's ridiculous. I don't think I'm going overboard when I say that Italian clubs should recieve a band from European competition for a season although this will not happen because UEFA haven't the balls to do it.

Just think, if all this had happened in England we'd be screwed.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Roger Mellie said:
Have seen footage and it is indeed a sad day for football. Even when hit by a flare from the crowd a football player is so used to exagerating his injury that he does a pathetic 360 degree rolypoly when hit on his shoulder. A rocket up the arse is what these lightweights need deserve and probably crave.

I do hope you're being sarcastic.

Did you see where those flares were being thrown from? About 3/4 of the way up the stand.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I have seen loads of football in Italy and some of their fans are on a difereant planet. In Rome at Italy v England we were pelted with seats and coins while the Police sat and watched. At the end they let us out after 3 hours when their mob had dispersed 1.00am.

In 2001 I was i the San Siro to see Inter v Napoli. Inter scoreed and Napoli threw flares on the pitch and the pitch caught fire. The game did not stop? It seems normal over there.

They also let you stand up in the seated areas, just look what that has led to.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I do hope you're being sarcastic.

Did you see where those flares were being thrown from? About 3/4 of the way up the stand.

Have to say I agree with Roger Mellie on this one(except the bit about rockets up the arse!), it was an embarrasing exaggeration by the keeper, which served the opposite purpose of that which it was intended, and made a serious and unacceptable incident seem almost comical. It may have been thrown from a distance but it didn't impact him with any significant force.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Cheeky Monkey said:
Have to say I agree with Roger Mellie on this one(except the bit about rockets up the arse!), it was an embarrasing exaggeration by the keeper, which served the opposite purpose of that which it was intended, and made a serious and unacceptable incident seem almost comical. It may have been thrown from a distance but it didn't impact him with any significant force.

The f***ing thing was on FIRE.

He's got FIRST DEGREE BURNS.

Why would he exaggerate? It's not like nobody spotted it.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
enigma said:
I am Inter fan.

The ref was a crock of shit, ..........

Should have rioted after the game. .

Is that a joke? I hope so.

If we rioted after every game with a bad ref we'd have less points than Rotherham by now.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I have to say that had the referee not had the most awful of games then it would not have happened. Fact.

The referee must be held accountable. Its a shame us fans are so good humoured after some very embarrasing refereeing decisions against us recently.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
I have to say that had the referee not had the most awful of games then it would not have happened. Fact.

The referee must be held accountable. Its a shame us fans are so good humoured after some very embarrasing refereeing decisions against us recently.

Yeah, let's hold the referee accountable for the actions of the Internazionale Ultras. That's not avoiding the problems at all, is it?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
enigma said:
It was pretty bad, there's no excuse. Should have rioted after the game.
Yes, thats what they should have done. Fancy rioting during the game instead of after. Disgraceful.
:rolleyes:

There was a german reporter on TalkSport this morning talking about the San Siro. Apparently there is NO stewarding whatsoever inside the ground. You can go in and sit where you want. The reporter was saying that on one occasion, he wandered along from behind the goal and sat on the stairs near the halfway line. Sounds like the crowd can pretty much do as it wants once inside (as we saw last night).

I just could not believe the inaction of the police. Surely they should have been wading in and apprehending the missle throwers (there were enough of them), but they just seemed to be standing there watching.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The f***ing thing was on FIRE.

He's got FIRST DEGREE BURNS.

Why would he exaggerate? It's not like nobody spotted it.

If he didn't have first degree burns he wouldn't have had any burn at all! it's the lowest possible degree of burn so putting it in block letters is hardly necessary. I repeat that I don't condone the actions of the crowd at all, totally unacceptable, but as Roger Mellie says, the 360 degree rollling was totally over the top and thus detracted from any statement he was trying to make with his theatrics. You're entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine, end of.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:

The referee must be held accountable.

Unless that's a joke, you are a wanker. If it is, I apologise already.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Cheeky Monkey said:
If he didn't have first degree burns he wouldn't have had any burn at all! it's the lowest possible degree of burn so putting it in block letters is hardly necessary. I repeat that I don't condone the actions of the crowd at all, totally unacceptable, but as Roger Mellie says, the 360 degree rollling was totally over the top and thus detracted from any statement he was trying to make with his theatrics. You're entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine, end of.

I think it WAS necassary.

THANKS.

If you think the shock of being hit by a flare added to the pain it WOULD have caused wouldn't hurt then, well, FAIR ENOUGH.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
This is not the thing you wouild eant to see bearing in min Liverpools visit to Juve tonight.

If I was Jimmy Tarbuck, Cilla or the bloke Corkhill from Brookside I wouldn't go near Turin tonight!!!

Very worrying.

:(

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I think it WAS necassary.

THANKS.

If you think the shock of being hit by a flare added to the pain it WOULD have caused wouldn't hurt then, well, FAIR ENOUGH.

...blah blah blah. I didn't say it wouldn't hurt, take a chill pill for fucks sake. I reiterate (using block capitals as you seem to like doing) I am entitled to MY opinion, YOU are entitled to YOURS. We'll have to agree to disagree or is that too much for you?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Stinky Kat said:

They also let you stand up in the seated areas, just look what that has led to.

Meaning what exactly?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I do not condone the actions of the fans. However flares etc are a way of life in Italian football.

If flares were a part of British football then how many would Bellotti and Archer and Stanley have had aimed at them?

Unfortunately the actions of the ultras have taken the spotlight away from what was a very poor refereeing performance. At least its reassuring to know that even at the so called 'highest level' referees still cant get it right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here