Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Inter/AC game

interjambo

Mar 22, 2004
Milano, Italia
enigma said:
Milan are still scum and they are run by a crook. I'll drink to that:drink:

The headbutt was a sending off but appparently the line-o saw it and no action will be taken. Big up Markus Merk, Milan's 12th man, I thought it was Juve that needed refs favours.

Milan always have the ref in their pocket just in case.

Shevcunto should obviously have walked after two mins. End of.

The flare throwing was the last straw. It was unfortunate that Dida got hit but he should have moved away.

I saw an interview with Dida on Italian TV yesterday and he was quite cool. No burn according to him just a very small bruise on the shoulder.

He said it was much worse in Milan-Roma last season.

Great atmosphere in the ground in the period between the original interruption and the final short lived restart.

Almost all the Inter fans I've spoken to are delighted about the way it ended. As I've said, the Dida injury was, as Donald Rumsfeld might say, collateral damage that occurred in achieving the main objective.

Great to read about the poor Merde players complaining that Inter's fans ruined their party :salute:

E

enigma

Yeah no sympathy for the Berlusconi army... Shevchenko is a wanker I cant believe UEFA arent doing anything about it.Im pleased we spoilt their party. They've spoilt my life!

Bottom line is Moratti has to go. The club will never win anything with him around the culture of the club has to change from the top, ten years and one UEFA cup is not acceptable. The fans have been against him since all the troubl with Cuper last year, he should have sold up instead of resigning. He has no idea on how to run a club. Facchetti is a good guy, but just a puppet really.I dont know whether we need a new manager, possibly but its important there is a change of ownership and hopefully whatever punishment we get will force Moratti out.

Glad Dida is OK great goalkeeper unforrunately always plays well against us.

interjambo

Mar 22, 2004
Milano, Italia
Other major shareholder Marco Tronchetti Provera (Pirelli/Telecom Italia) would be ready to take over I'm sure.

Moratti has made mistakes but he's also been unlucky. I think he might decide to step down once and for all at the end of this season.

Should be interesting to see what, if anything, happens at Sunday's game at home to Cagliari

E

enigma

Yeah Tronchetti seems to be a bit more intelligent and is still very wealthy.

Moratti has been unlucky and he's a top bloke, but he's too soft on the players and has too romantic a view of the game,

Were the fans giving Mancini flak? I thought it was a shit formation to play. I dont think he's all bad but he has pissed off several players- Toldo, Davids, Emre, Adriano,Matrazzi, Fontana off the top of my head...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Re: AC Milan 1- Internazionale 0

brightonfan_86 said:
What a great goal by Andriv Schevenko. That make's it 3-0 on aggregate. Anyone going to place an bet on AC to win the Champions league?

No, because they won't have Shevchenko. He will be brought to book by EUFA when they look at the video. His headbutt will earn him the standard 3 game ban, which I make both legs of the semi, plus the final. Chelsea all the way.

Nothing really against Liverpool, but Chelsea would be more likely to win the final.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: AC Milan 1- Internazionale 0

hans kraay fan club said:
No, because they won't have Shevchenko. He will be brought to book by EUFA when they look at the video. His headbutt will earn him the standard 3 game ban, which I make both legs of the semi, plus the final. Chelsea all the way.

Nothing really against Liverpool, but Chelsea would be more likely to win the final.

Will he?

UEFA seem to have other ideas

E

enigma

Apparently the linesman actually saw the headbutt so thats why there will be no ban, UEFA decided not to look at it. Good of them to let cheats prosper.

interjambo

Mar 22, 2004
Milano, Italia
enigma said:
Yeah Tronchetti seems to be a bit more intelligent and is still very wealthy.

Moratti has been unlucky and he's a top bloke, but he's too soft on the players and has too romantic a view of the game,

Were the fans giving Mancini flak? I thought it was a shit formation to play. I dont think he's all bad but he has pissed off several players- Toldo, Davids, Emre, Adriano,Matrazzi, Fontana off the top of my head...

I actually met Moratti at Porto airport on the way back from the Porto-Inter game. I had a brief chat with him and he came across as a very knowledgeable bloke but, maybe, too much of a fan.

The other night most people would like to have seen Martins on from the start.

Shevchunto's explanation for his headbutt on Materazzi was as follows:

Marco si è avvicinato, io ho cinato la testa per proteggermi. Mi scuso se l'ho fatto con eccessiva veemenza, non era mia intenzione fare male. Se qualcuno pensa che abbia colpito Materazzi apposta chiedo pubblicamante scusa"

or

"Marco approached me. I lowered my head to protect myself. I'm sorry if I did it too forefully. I didn't intend to hurt him. If anyone believes I hit Materazzi on purpose, I apologise to them publicly"

This was yesterday. Today's he's reported as saying Materazzi told him he was going to smash his face..................

A nasty little runt. Did you know that his dad who needed a heart transplant was parachuted in to the Italian healthcare system by Berlusconi and his mob? He essentially stole the heart of a heart donor from the Italian state system. SCUM

E

enigma

Good point. Noone doubts Moratti's enthusiasm for Inter and his financial commitment to the club, but he has always acted like a fan and never with any degree of rationality.

His hiring and firing of managers is appalling. Cuper should have gone before or after last season. Simoni shouldnt have been sacked in the first place, or at least should have been done at the end of the season.Zaccheroni did as well as he could have done under the circumstances-whilst he is n ot the most amazing manager he is more proven than Mancini and deservd the chance to see out the 2 year contract he signed. That was another years worth of salary effectively wasted.

Martins should definiely have started he always plays well in the derby games and Adriano was too isolated.

Shevchenko is scum, Im not buying the whole "He's a great bloke" argument.

The trouble is, I think they need to make some changes over the summer but its always the same...we change and nothing happens. Moratti going is the first step. Mancini maybe, if so we should get Prandelli, he helped Adriano enormously and did well at both Verona and Parma.

We need to get rid of some of the old guard as well and build for the future.

interjambo

Mar 22, 2004
Milano, Italia
Supposedly it was Moratti who wanted Mancini. Tronchetti wanted Capello and Facchetti wanted to keep Zaccheroni.

Hard to say what will happen now but, as you say, Mancini has fallen out with quite a few players.

Personally, I think he will stay.

Remember too that even if we get a one season ban from Europe we'll be the second team from Milan to suffer this punishment.

Remember this true disgrace instigated by Adriano Galliani, current Milan vice President and Chairman of the Italian Football League?

Marseille

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Get a room guys!

Also glad to see that you consider violence and criminal activities are OK if its in trying to remove the President of a football team, whereas helping a relative of one of your employees to have a life saving operation quite rightly sees you labelled as "SCUM".

:tosser:

E

enigma

I dont see why his dad had to get an Italian heart, I'd obviously prefer it if he lived but it has nothing to do with Italy and I doubt Berlusconi would have done it for say Kily Gonzalez dad.

Yeah I remember reading that at the time, Facchetti was really pissed off with Moratti cos he had given his word to Zaccheroni. That shows Tronchetti knows mor about football, Mancini has a patchy and slightly over-rated reputation, but supposedly encourages good football so Moratti picks him over a winner like Capello.

Ultimately he will probably stay despite the fall outs because he is on a ludicrous contract and the club cant afford to sack another manager, particularly if we get a european ban.

Moratti has just announced he wont be leaving.Great. Another few trophy-less years ahead then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here