Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "if Poyet leaves, the next Albion manager should be..." thread

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Kevin Keegan - we'd pulverise everyone with flairniac attacking football!

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
What about the German guy who lived in Brighton once and was managing a top side not long ago? Hows he doing? (Sorry no names supplied or thread read)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What about the German guy who lived in Brighton once and was managing a top side not long ago? Hows he doing? (Sorry no names supplied or thread read)

Would you want the Albion to be managed by a man who said, "My first visit to the Goldstone was back in 1973. Having moved to Sussex to a new job and being mad on football at the time the first thing I did was buy a season ticket. Sitting in the back row of E block the stadium looked huge. The first game I watched at the Goldstone we lost 2-0 to Bournemouth. Later that season Brian Clough arrived and we were knocked out of the Cup 4-0 by Walton and Hersham and thrashed in the League at home by Bristol Rovers 8-2! The horror of those games remain in my memory. However we did get revenge in 1989 beating Rovers 2-1 to secure promotion to the Second Division. My greatest memory was the very first game in the First Division against Arsenal at the Goldstone. There were tears of joy all around me in the stand. We may have lost 4-0 but we were there."?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Ralf Rangnick - took time off but now looking to get back into the game. Heavily linked with WBA before Clarke was appointed.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Yep cheers, just seen Rookie's wiki link on page 2. He's the man, a deep rooted love of the club, astonishing record of success as manager and he's German , which means he'll be efficient, level headed, educated and all the other superior qualities that we dont have in this country.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Would have to be Roberto Martinez. Perfect fit.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Would you want the Albion to be managed by a man who said, "My first visit to the Goldstone was back in 1973. Having moved to Sussex to a new job and being mad on football at the time the first thing I did was buy a season ticket. Sitting in the back row of E block the stadium looked huge. The first game I watched at the Goldstone we lost 2-0 to Bournemouth. Later that season Brian Clough arrived and we were knocked out of the Cup 4-0 by Walton and Hersham and thrashed in the League at home by Bristol Rovers 8-2! The horror of those games remain in my memory. However we did get revenge in 1989 beating Rovers 2-1 to secure promotion to the Second Division. My greatest memory was the very first game in the First Division against Arsenal at the Goldstone. There were tears of joy all around me in the stand. We may have lost 4-0 but we were there."?

Incredible. Yes please.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Not that I want Gus gone but yes, yes I would.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Gus Poyet would be insane to leave for Reading , crazy. With the backing he has here and the foundations of the Academy etc etc he can continue to build a dynasty of his own .....just cannot see it.

I don't think you would have had to listen very carefully to detect a certain frustration on Gus's part with the level of backing, certainly on the financial front. Not that Reading exactly pushed the boat out for McDermott in January.

It will be Adkins, IMO, if it comes to it. At the moment, though, he hasn't completely sorted compensation with Southampton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here