Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The idiots who ran on

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Now... If a pretty young woman or even women had run on the pitch stark naked, would everyone's opinion still be the same? Double standards are never far from the average fan's armoury!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Working Class Pride. Please can you tell me why you were not on the pitch. Was it...

A). Because you're a happy clapping soft lad
B). Because you were in the WSU and didn't have abseiling equipment
C). You forgot your eight year old
D). Because despitre being an uber fan you were watching it on the telly

Oh and before you ask, YES, I have been on the pitch plenty of times watching the Albion, but only when it actually meant something ( cup matches, protests, or sublime moments i.e Nelson's goal at Brentford)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The happy clappers like to have a "moment" and its got the feel that they are loving it. I think it makes them feel all warm and super fans inside. Hanging Judge Easy 10 might want a public flogging for spoiling his lovely night with his new scouse mates. Some on here really are soft lads

Nothing whatsoever to do with being a "superfan" (whatever the frig that is). I just have a natural aversion to dickheads. The less of them in the Amex, on the whole, the happier I am. You want to associate yourself with retarded mongs who can't hold their drink, deciding that prancing around on the pitch during a match is a GREAT idea and so much fun - well, go for gold pal, join in with your special friends and receive your well-deserved ban accordingly.

The rest of us will hang back, enjoy the spectacular football the Albion are treating us to, and heap the richly deserved abuse and derision from the stands when tools like you decide you need to grab the limelight.

Feb 14, 2010
Nothing whatsoever to do with being a "superfan" (whatever the frig that is). I just have a natural aversion to dickheads. The less of them in the Amex, on the whole, the happier I am. You want to associate yourself with retarded mongs who can't hold their drink, deciding that prancing around on the pitch during a match is a GREAT idea and so much fun - well, go for gold pal, join in with your special friends and receive your well-deserved ban accordingly.

The rest of us will hang back, enjoy the spectacular football the Albion are treating us to, and heap the richly deserved abuse and derision from the stands when tools like you decide you need to grab the limelight.

What a superior person you are. Get over yourself.

Feb 14, 2010
Working Class Pride. Please can you tell me why you were not on the pitch. Was it...

A). Because you're a happy clapping soft lad
B). Because you were in the WSU and didn't have abseiling equipment
C). You forgot your eight year old
D). Because despitre being an uber fan you were watching it on the telly

Oh and before you ask, YES, I have been on the pitch plenty of times watching the Albion, but only when it actually meant something ( cup matches, protests, or sublime moments i.e Nelson's goal at Brentford)

D - I live in London, dont go much. Sorry for losing loyalty points. You have made the point I was making tho, lots of people have been on the pitch and some of the great football moments have been pitch invasions, like Hereford v leeds. Lets not hang em all high eh?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well that's the last time they'll be allowed in the Amex. I hope it was worth it. No need to run on the pitch last night, no excuse.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Now... If a pretty young woman or even women had run on the pitch stark naked, would everyone's opinion still be the same? Double standards are never far from the average fan's armoury!

I just thought the two blokes were a bit odd. Why on earth run on for nothing? If we had scored and made it 1-1 and the players were celebrating right in front of them it would make some sense, but this was just odd.

Now back to your point, that would be great!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
D - I live in London, dont go much. Sorry for losing loyalty points. You have made the point I was making tho, lots of people have been on the pitch and some of the great football moments have been pitch invasions, like Hereford v leeds. Lets not hang em all high eh?

Yes, I've been on the pitch PLENTY of times, but to celebrate goals or special moments, not prance around like a tit. They were so retarded they didn't even know what to do once they were on there. You weren't there so you've got no f***ing idea how ridiculously pointless it was so I suggest you stop digging yourself a hole.

Pitch invasions? Great football moments? Erm, no. What immediately preceded them is the great footballing moment, no matter how exhilarating the feeling of being on the pitch may be. A break in play in a fairly meaningless third round Carling Cup tie being competed by two weakened sides is hardly Ronnie Radford at Hereford, Garry Nelson at Brentford or Brighton vs York.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011

Quality post.

seagulls

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well that's the last time they'll be allowed in the Amex. I hope it was worth it. No need to run on the pitch last night, no excuse.

Exactly.
Alarmingly, I doubt the ban, criminal conviction, night in cells, and fine ... will register in the brain cell.

It has absolutely zilch to do with a celebratory promotion type of mass pitch invasion on final whistle.

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
it happened right in front of me and rather than the north or west stand they seemed to be giving the bird to the police control point ( or whatever that glass thing is in the north-west corner) ....strange as they seemed to have no point to make ...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Agree.
Hopefully, over time the morons will gradually get banned.
And they'll still be an amazing atmosphere.
There's a misconception that those spitting hatred against all opponents and their fans, or with 'wacky' pitch invasion, are generating the atmosphere.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
They ran down the steps right where I sit (H block WSL). They were with a larger group drinking heavily at half time and generally being obnoxious. Goodness knows how they got a drink at half time! But dicks both of them - not the sort of people you want to come across on any night out whatever the event. Hope the stewards (who I thought responded very well) gave them both a slap.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Yes, I've been on the pitch PLENTY of times, but to celebrate goals or special moments, not prance around like a tit. They were so retarded they didn't even know what to do once they were on there. You weren't there so you've got no f***ing idea how ridiculously pointless it was so I suggest you stop digging yourself a hole.

Pitch invasions? Great football moments? Erm, no. What immediately preceded them is the great footballing moment, no matter how exhilarating the feeling of being on the pitch may be. A break in play in a fairly meaningless third round Carling Cup tie being competed by two weakened sides is hardly Ronnie Radford at Hereford, Garry Nelson at Brentford or Brighton vs York.

Exactly.

Hope the ban is long, and the fine costly.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
One pissed up, stupid lad runs on the pitch and gets called a wanker and people say he's ruined their night. Another (once) pissed up, stupid lad (who glassed a DJ for playing a song he didn't like) runs on the pitch and gets a standing ovation.

Baffling really.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
One pissed up, stupid lad runs on the pitch and gets called a wanker and people say he's ruined their night. Another (once) pissed up, stupid lad (who glassed a DJ for playing a song he didn't like) runs on the pitch and gets a standing ovation.

Baffling really.

Not really, due to the context. In the context of everyone watching and enjoying a football match in the present, two dickheads being dickheads is an embarrassment and steven gerrard is a footballer who we have cheered in the past as player and captain for the country.

That said, the dickhead invasion far from 'ruined my night', more a vaguely amusing sideshow about how people are massive twats sometimes, and i didn't personally clap gerrard because he was playing for the other team and, sometime england captain or not, i think that was a bit sycophantic. Particularly considering he DID disgrace himself with arrogant and violent behaviour pissed up out on the town... although i never have, i wonder how many who condemn him for that have done something similar but without the high profile? Anyway, I found the applause for him was somewhere between small-time and classy of us. I'm not sure. I booed him when he came on for being a big name which i did not welcome on the pitch due to his being good at football and that.

Funny how this issue has become about class though. And I mean class division, not respect for gerrard or whatever. All the hallmarks coming out... some people approve of being boozed up and acting childishly (guess which side i'm on) and others have contempt for it. the arguments begin... some get accused of thinking they are superior, generally because they are potent arguers, or ruining the 'working man's game'... some get accused of being knuckle dragging morons who probably work on a building site... i dunno

in conclusion, i have found a way to feel superior to both sides. like agnosticism. nice.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here