Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The idiots who ran on

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Why? Brighton fans have a history of pitch invasions, not just at the York game, who remembers Shrewsbury away for instance, or Millwall at home or...?

This wasn't a pitch invasion for a worthwhile cause, it was attention seeking, there's a huge difference.

The reason why you didn't see it on TV is that Sky don't like to give such people the 'oxygen of publicity'.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Two arrests. One from Brighton one from Eastbourne. One for entering the field of play, one for drunk and disorderly.

Will appear before Brighton magistrates on October 14.

Bail includes not going near The Amex.

There were 3 who tried to invade the pitch, one lad got on (in brown polo), I assume the one for entering field of play. His mate couldnt get over the wall

The 3rd one at the final whistle was the biggest twat, trying to fight and headbutt stewards and police, I guess he was the one getting done for D&D

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Its the "look at me and how civilised I am despite being a football fan, so I am special" attitude. Makes you laugh, lucky we didnt have to rely on them during the civil war we had with the club. Pitch invasions are a part of the fun of football, leaving aside York City, Ipswich at home, Millwall at home, Shrewbury away, ect ect, all amazing pitch invasions. But were these posters there for those games or are they JCL's?

Civil war with club, owners trying to kill it = necessary action to draw attention to it and save said club. Playing Liverpool on Sky in new stadium with wealthy fan in charge and best team I've ever seen = two attention seeking fuckwits who've got no reason to be on the pitch. It's got nothing to do with being 'civilised', and everything to do with not acting like juvenile dickheads. If you're defending it because it represents 'working class pride', then this working class boy says you can stick your pride where the sun don't shine. Nothing, absolutely nothing for those two halfwits, nor the dad encouraging his boy on at the end, to be proud of.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
the abuse the one who got on the pitch from the crowd was immense, proper tool

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Lol who the lads on here talking about going on pitch. Idiots might get club a fine and will now find themselves banned. Hope it was worth it.

*facepalm*

seagulls

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Two men will appear in court next month, charged with offences alleged to have occurred at Wednesday night's (September 21) Carling Cup match between Brighton and Liverpool.

Jack Wenham, 21, a bricklayer of Norwich Drive, Brighton, has been charged with going onto the playing area at a football match contrary to the Football (Offences) Act 1991.

Paul Mehmet, 44, a labourer of Friday Street, Eastbourne, has been charged with being drunk and disorderly in a public place.

Both men will appear before Brighton magistrates on October 14. Both have bail conditions not to go to the Amex Stadium at Falmer.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It would be good to know which of the five people who invaded or attempted to invade the pitch these two cocks are.

The first one thrown out was a young kiddie in a blue checked shirt who seemed to try a do an Irish jig on the pitch - very bizarre ! Then the two idiots who high fived each other while being dragged away and got the correct treatment from the North stand. Finally the kid being pushed on by his idiot father. The father was probably too scared to do it himself just incase people took the piss out of his man bag :facepalm:

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
The one who got on the pitch belongs to the Facebook groups "I DON'T GIVE A FUUUUUUUCK" and "That awkward moment when you realise your taxi driver is a faster runner than you". Says it all really. Still, working class hero/proper fan/freedom fighter and all that, eh wcp?

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
When i got on the pitch against stoke at withdean when we got a late winner, i got a police caution and a 3 game ban from Martin Perry.

I was celebrating and huggy BZ, not playing up i hasten to add.

Unfortunately I was in the middle of not missing a game home and away for some time, so i didnt adhere to the ban.

Sneeeeeky ssqquuuiirreeeeelllll.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
Has it really put a dampner on your evening?? I thought it was unnecessary and they will probably get banned but was it really that much of a major incident to ruin your evening???

Didn't ruin my evening at all, and luckily it wasn't a major incident. I just that this type of behaviour is not on. One of the idiots almost kicked off with a steward when he was caught, as if he had done nothing wrong. Glad to see the police take him away. It gives the wrong impression to kids and makes the club look bad.

Jan 30, 2008
Pitch invasion? Didnt see one on tv but wish I had. Its proper football and Brighton fans finest hour was a pitch invasion against York. We are not happy clappers, we are not watford.then again tonight there was no reason for one, it was only the league cup.
well from what i've read about Stevie G seems we've got loads ................ glad i wasn't there :cheers:

Zampanò

Jan 8, 2011
When i got on the pitch against stoke at withdean when we got a late winner, i got a police caution and a 3 game ban from Martin Perry.

Unfortunately I was in the middle of not missing a game home and away for some time, so i didnt adhere to the ban.

You're my hero.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
Are you INSANE.

A ban for life.

hahahahahahahahahah

As you probably weren't there, one of the twats kicked off with the stewards, he should be banned for life!!!!! The other two shouldn't be allowed in for a long time. This wasn't a pitch invasion, it was a couple of idiots acting like 3 year olds.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham

Welcome to the Dickhead club...clever little boy are'nt you with your thread "It has to be Done"...OK let's see you run on the pitch like you said you would...cos' this time your card will not work,you and "Working class Pride and all those that advocate pitch invasions are real twats!!

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Welcome to the Dickhead club...clever little boy are'nt you with your thread "It has to be Done"...OK let's see you run on the pitch like you said you would...cos' this time your card will not work,you and "Working class Pride and all those that advocate pitch invasions are real twats!!

Difference between celebrating on the pitch, and playing up on the pitch.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Twats. Whats the point? Really, sky are clever enough not to film them so what does it achieve?

Jan 30, 2008
did say some time ago it was going to be a bit "different" at the AMEX :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here