Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The idiots who ran on

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
I'm sure his silly mates on Facebook have bigged him up enough that he feels it was worth it. He acted the idiot and should be given a ban (may have been his first game) and a fine but there was no real damage done.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
They were an embarrassment, really cringeworthy. The Dad and his kid had been sitting a few rows in front of me, he must have got up to go to the concourse three or four times each half, leaving his kid on his own. He tried to headbutt one of the stewards when he was being carted away. What a great Dad!!!

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
D - I live in London, dont go much. Sorry for losing loyalty points. You have made the point I was making tho, lots of people have been on the pitch and some of the great football moments have been pitch invasions, like Hereford v leeds. Lets not hang em all high eh?

Most will hang themselves like you have on this thread by ranting about something you didn't even see. All the soft lads can just laugh at you now hardman!!!

Feb 14, 2010
Not really, due to the context. In the context of everyone watching and enjoying a football match in the present, two dickheads being dickheads is an embarrassment and steven gerrard is a footballer who we have cheered in the past as player and captain for the country.

That said, the dickhead invasion far from 'ruined my night', more a vaguely amusing sideshow about how people are massive twats sometimes, and i didn't personally clap gerrard because he was playing for the other team and, sometime england captain or not, i think that was a bit sycophantic. Particularly considering he DID disgrace himself with arrogant and violent behaviour pissed up out on the town... although i never have, i wonder how many who condemn him for that have done something similar but without the high profile? Anyway, I found the applause for him was somewhere between small-time and classy of us. I'm not sure. I booed him when he came on for being a big name which i did not welcome on the pitch due to his being good at football and that.

Funny how this issue has become about class though. And I mean class division, not respect for gerrard or whatever. All the hallmarks coming out... some people approve of being boozed up and acting childishly (guess which side i'm on) and others have contempt for it. the arguments begin... some get accused of thinking they are superior, generally because they are potent arguers, or ruining the 'working man's game'... some get accused of being knuckle dragging morons who probably work on a building site... i dunno

in conclusion, i have found a way to feel superior to both sides. like agnosticism. nice.

A couple of things:-

1. Its nothing to do with class. You have linked working class with bad behaviour. I do not recognise that, working class people I was brought up with wouldn't dream of behaving like those rugby playing, rude and ignorant rugby types. They had standards, good behaviour, would take responsibility, manners, a sense of honour and a back bone.
2. The point being made is that pitch invasions have always been a fun part of football and for all of the superior attitude of some on here, you scratch the surface and they agree. The Hereford v Leeds invasion, the Ipswich game, the Shrewsbury game, would all have been events that would have been more sanitised, and less of an event without a pitch invasion. We know that some at the club and on here would prefer us all to have bobble hats and sing along to the words on the big screen but really, is that what you want out of football? The hang em high daily mail shock horror outrage of some deserves derision. None of that means that the lads that went on the pitch should have done it in this instance, but that might be a distinction that some will not have the wit to follow, especially if they have never lived outside their particular village.
3. Many working class people have very good jobs these days and dont all work on building sites (not that that is not a good job in itself I would also point out)
4. If two blokes fun on the pitch and this ruins someone night, then really, ask the question, how wet are they?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here