Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] The Hundred

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
So the Test grounds/counties get richer and they are future-proofed with this artificially created tournament while the poor (eg Sussex) continue to wither on the vine

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have no loyalty to Franchise South, or, any other thrown together group in weird outfits.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My thoughts on The Hundred

Why don't we just have The Ten ? After all it is for people with the attention span of a demented goldfish.

I'm off to a thread about cricket.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Glancing at this thread is as close as I will get to watching The Hundred on TV or in person

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
On the eve of the match vs the mighty Brave

I didn't know that. I tend to watch cricket in the summer, so I don't watch The Humbug.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I have no loyalty to Franchise South, or, any other thrown together group in weird outfits.

They look like they forgot their whites and asked the Jockey Club to help out.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Braves win toss and bowl.

Jimmy looking very 70s in the beige, big collared, double pocketed shirt.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Never seen anyone being mic'ed up to be interviewed whilst playing in the field before.

They've been doing that in the Big Bash down under for years.

I'm not a fan of the Hundred but, it is on terrestrial TV and if it brings more kids into the game then let's take that as a positive.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe they should use baseball bats? And soft fluffy or spongey balls that don't go very far or fast. Batters (ugh) should of course wear costumes that reflect the team's name - you know, like mascots in footbal. To stop it being too easy for fieldingpersons to chase and catch the ball, perhaps they should be hobbled, with their ankles tied together no more than a metre apart. Plus loud and unpleasant music to celebrate every incident...............

.............. oh sorry, if you'd just said this was about cricket..................

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Maybe they should use baseball bats? And soft fluffy or spongey balls that don't go very far or fast. Batters (ugh) should of course wear costumes that reflect the team's name - you know, like mascots in footbal. To stop it being too easy for fieldingpersons to chase and catch the ball, perhaps they should be hobbled, with their ankles tied together no more than a metre apart. Plus loud and unpleasant music to celebrate every incident...............

.............. oh sorry, if you'd just said this was about cricket..................

And the dinosaurs sat and watched as cricket died.

OK, that a bit OTT, but short form cricket is a way of getting kids into the sport. My 3 love it. Do you want to stop footy in the park, with jumpers for goalposts as well? That doesn't exactly replicate the rules of the traditional game either.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

OK, that a bit OTT, but short form cricket is a way of getting kids into the sport. My 3 love it. Do you want to stop footy in the park, with jumpers for goalposts as well? That doesn't exactly replicate the rules of the traditional game either.

That comparison doesn’t hold up. Kids playing in the park is somewhat different, to a load of blokes playing franchise cricket. The equivalent would be football setting up a 5 aside league with x3 10 minute half’s with light show, and goal music.

The hundred is dreadful for so many reasons. I’d rather cricket died, than progress like this. That or it retains a hardcore, even if it becomes a minority sport.

Name me many classic 20/20 games? Not many stick in the mind, because they’re so disposable. Great test matches and series’ you remember for life.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

It's not really about short form cricket though? We had a T20 tournament that was fine. It's about wasting all your cash reserves on this bs( thereby taking millions away from youth, women's and grassroots cricket) to strengthen the bigger counties, and destroy Sussex and the like, using terminology and advertising that would seem OTT on Nathan Barley, while hired/interested parties constantly explain how wonderful it is.

For the Hundred is far far worse and threatening than the ESL ever was

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here