Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] The Hundred

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Great news, the competition adding so much to the strength of our Test side is BACK.

Can't wait.

100.jpg

Once we stop losing to the 10th best side in the world at T20, all is looking rosy in the cricket garden.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Big day today as the build up to the new hundred season begins in earnest with the releasing of the draft picks and squads for this coming campaign.

What do we think of our Southern Brave signings?? Danny Briggs has gone and leaves a huge hole in our bowling department.

Men

Quinton de Kock (overseas)
Rehan Ahmed
Joe Weatherley
Dan Moriarty

Women

Tahlia McGrath (overseas)
Georgia Adams
Jo Gardner
Freya Kemp
Ella McCaughan

Also a formal change to our theme song from 'I gotta Feeling' to the Rag and Bone man mega-hit 'I am Giant'. Can't waitt o hear the Ageas Bowl belting that one out.

:O

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Absolute crap. Apart from money no need for this. 20/20 was enough and very popular.
Just stops us watching proper cricket in the middle of summer.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Our Brave squad in full:

Jofra Archer (centrally contracted)
Quinton de Kock (overseas, £125,000)
Marcus Stoinis (overseas, £125,000)
James Vince (£100,000)
Tymal Mills (£100,000)
Chris Jordan (£75,000)
George Garton (£75,000)
Alex Davies (£60,000)
Jake Lintott (£60,000)
Rehan Ahmed (£50,000)
Tim David (overseas, £50,000)
Ross Whiteley (£40,000)
Craig Overton (£40,000)
Joe Weatherley (£30,000)
Dan Moriarty (£30,000)

Bowling looks exceptional and I think we can go close to glory again but question the depth of our batting.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm surprised they're still calling themselves the Southern Braves. I'd have thought that was grossly insulting to Native Americans.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I just find myself with no affiliation to the team. I'll probably watch The Hundred, just as I did last summer, but I'll just enjoy it as cricket, not with any skin in the game.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh that's a shame, I'd already bought a headdress and a plastic tomahawk.

:lolol::lolol: I actually went to a Brave game last year - was quite good fun but ultimately I agree with (I think it was?) [MENTION=258]Pavilionaire[/MENTION] who said on here that it is the 4 day game they should be merging counties for, and the shorter form should stay with the counties.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Utter Rubbish, wish I could I could get my hands on a member of the ECB and have a free and frank debate with them.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Big day today as the build up to the new hundred season begins in earnest with the releasing of the draft picks and squads for this coming campaign.

What do we think of our Southern Brave signings?? Danny Briggs has gone and leaves a huge hole in our bowling department.

Men

Quinton de Kock (overseas)
Rehan Ahmed
Joe Weatherley
Dan Moriarty

Women

Tahlia McGrath (overseas)
Georgia Adams
Jo Gardner
Freya Kemp
Ella McCaughan

Also a formal change to our theme song from 'I gotta Feeling' to the Rag and Bone man mega-hit 'I am Giant'. Can't waitt o hear the Ageas Bowl belting that one out.

:O

What is the point of this stupid competition , oh money ,

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
According to the BBC website, it's actually Southern Brave Men (playing the Welsh Firemen in the first match).

Utterly pointless competition - as if 20/20 wasn't entertaining! (or short enough). Next thing we'll have "The Fifty" - main advantage, it's all over in an hour.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
According to the BBC website, it's actually Southern Brave Men (playing the Welsh Firemen in the first match).

Utterly pointless competition - as if 20/20 wasn't entertaining! (or short enough). Next thing we'll have "The Fifty" - main advantage, it's all over in an hour.
Point of order - firemen are not called firemen any more - they're called firefighters (so as to be a non gender specific definition).

....and yes, the Hundred is pretty stupid too.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Similar to last year, I'll watch it because it's cricket and on at a decent time. But I honestly don't care who wins.

Last year I wanted the Sussex players to do well then half of them pissed off because they did well so I hope they all get ducks.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Similar to last year, I'll watch it because it's cricket and on at a decent time. But I honestly don't care who wins.

Last year I wanted the Sussex players to do well then half of them pissed off because they did well so I hope they all get ducks.
This. I went to the Ageas Bowl last year for a Southern Brave game - it was just T20 really. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here