Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Hairy Cornflake, Dave Lee Travis...

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Let' hope all those that are guilty are found guilty and all those that are innocent are found innocent. I agree that 'suspects' should only be named when charged. I wonder if any of our favourite rock groups should be investigated for any under age groupies they 'entertained'.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
I wonder if any of our favourite rock groups should be investigated for any under age groupies they 'entertained'[/B].[/QUOTE]

I think it's a distinct possibility.A lot of record collections will be decimated.

I kept the first record I ever bought 'Rock n Roll Part 2 by Gary Glitter , because it was a land mark in my record buying life. The others of his have long been binned.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder if any of our favourite rock groups should be investigated for any under age groupies they 'entertained'[/B].

I think it's a distinct possibility.A lot of record collections will be decimated.

I kept the first record I ever bought 'Rock n Roll Part 2 by Gary Glitter , because it was a land mark in my record buying life. The others of his have long been binned.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure a lot of fans of The Who, don't share your opinions.

PFJ

Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder

I kept the first record I ever bought 'Rock n Roll Part 2 by Gary Glitter , because it was a land mark in my record buying life. The others of his have long been binned.
I'm sure a lot of fans of The Who, don't share your opinions.[/QUOTE]

If you are referring to Pete 'show us the book ' Townsend , I would be mortified .
And no, I will not bin my Who albums , singles , books , VHS , DVD's et al . A group is bigger than any one member should anything bad come out. I am confident through my target cloured glasses that this will never happen.

PFJ

Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Looks a good episode now though with Slade , Abba , Darts , Rod Stewart , Baccara, smokey Robinson , Tom Robinson & legs & co

The only thing that is really pissing me off about this pulling of the Pops. I was really looking forward to the year 1977 and 1978 so I could record all the punk bands that appeared and make my own Punk of the Pops compilation .

Just edit out the DJ's . Don't remove music history !!!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

cornish seagull

cornish seagull
Feb 25, 2011
cornwall
Completely wrong that people who are arrested in cases like this are identified.

Personally don't think they should be named until convicted, but at the very least wait until charged.

It's human nature to think "no smoke without fire" when an arrest *might* be in connection with one allegation, which might well be malicious.

This. Have never understood why names are exposed at arrest. Good friend of mine was arrested a few years back and his name was splashed across the local papers! turns out that the accuser got the wrong person and although retracted statement it was to late! poor guy had his windows smashed, spat at in the street and paint daubed on his house. He had complete breakdown and took his own life.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
The only thing that is really pissing me off about this pulling of the Pops. I was really looking forward to the year 1977 and 1978 so I could record all the punk bands that appeared and make my own Punk of the Pops compilation .

Just edit out the DJ's . Don't remove music history !!!

Agree I'm gonna be pissed off if all the DLT & Savile episodes are not shown could be missing some classic performances from
Decent bands after watching the whole of 1976(the Wurzels, JJ Barrie etc) was looking forward to seeing the punk explosion in main stream music mid 77

Dandyman

In London village.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
This. Have never understood why names are exposed at arrest. Good friend of mine was arrested a few years back and his name was splashed across the local papers! turns out that the accuser got the wrong person and although retracted statement it was to late! poor guy had his windows smashed, spat at in the street and paint daubed on his house. He had complete breakdown and took his own life.

agree, used to know a really good guy who almost went the same way, luckily not completely, dangerous and irresponsable game i reckon.
(hang the dirty paedo's tho)....

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I should think Ed Stewpot Stewart must be bricking it. This quote is from his autobiography and describes the first time he met his future wife when he was 34 years old:

"I arrived at 7pm and was greeted at the door by what I can only describe as a 13-year-old apparition! She was simply stunning."

SeagullSarge

Jul 8, 2012

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Was Top of the Pops filmed in 'Bush' House? Assume they'll have to pull all of them if so. Bush. Pull. You have to be so careful these days. Every word has a new connotation.

D

Deleted member 2719

I have always said "Never trust a man with a beard" and that's including Santa.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Looks a good episode now though with Slade , Abba , Darts , Rod Stewart , Baccara, smokey Robinson , Tom Robinson & legs & co

Whos that knocking on my door
Its gotta be a quarter to four
Is it you again coming round for more
Well you can love me tonight if you want
But in the morning make sure you're gone
Im talkin to you
Hot legs, wearing me out
Hot legs, you can scream and shout
Hot legs, are you still in school
I love you honey

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Let' hope all those that are guilty are found guilty and all those that are innocent are found innocent. I agree that 'suspects' should only be named when charged. I wonder if any of our favourite rock groups should be investigated for any under age groupies they 'entertained'.

My God,if you go back to the 60's and 70's it may be a case of who,in the old rock groups,did not entertain young ladies!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Be careful what you post people - there's a writ out there waiting...

BBC News - BBC reaches settlement with Lord McAlpine

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20299551

"We will now be continuing to seek settlements from other organisations that have published defamatory remarks and individuals who have used Twitter to defame me."

It's amazing how many people assume guilt before any charges have been brought, let alone convicted. Double standards, too considering the other thread here about football arrests and banning orders.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here