Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Hairy Cornflake, Dave Lee Travis...

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Funny though I've been watching the reruns of Top of the pops on bbc4 its been on over a year now starting from 1976 in chronology order ( so up to 1977 now ) and we were watching it the other week with Dave Lee Travis on it and he came across as very creepy with the young girls in the audience and sexist comments after legs & co had finished their routine and we said at the time it wouldn't surprise us if DLT had a few skeletons in the closet
(we and us as in the rest of the family )

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Careful. It's thread like this that often lead to some unwanted NSC downtime.

I'm surprised Bozza and his gang don't jump on these threads given past experiences.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I'm surprised Bozza and his gang don't jump on these threads given past experiences.

Moderators tell us to report posts and then do nothing.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

I see the need to be cautious but this is being widely reported in the news and I haven't said he is guilty, he hasn't even been charged as far as I know. Merely stated that he has been arrested. It's a fact. He has.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Hate to be a kill joy but everyone should be a little careful with what they post on here and any other form of social media, especially after todays headlines. Any statement about an individual, be it direct or indirect, COULD be used in a case of liable, deformation of character, incitement etc...

Wouldn't want to see anyone get in to trouble!

Only if DLT hasn't been arrested surely? I'm not sure you meant "liable" and "deformation" in that post but this isn't pedants corner.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Funny though I've been watching the reruns of Top of the pops on bbc4 its been on over a year now starting from 1976 in chronology order ( so up to 1977 now ) and we were watching it the other week with Dave Lee Travis on it and he came across as very creepy with the young girls in the audience and sexist comments after legs & co had finished their routine and we said at the time it wouldn't surprise us if DLT had a few skeletons in the closet
(we and us as in the rest of the family )

The episode scheduled to air tonight on BBC4 has been pulled because it features DLT , it will now replaced with an episode with David "Kid" Jensen.

SeagullSarge

Jul 8, 2012
Only if DLT hasn't been arrested surely? I'm not sure you meant "liable" and "deformation" in that post but this isn't pedants corner.

Even though an arrest has been made there is no charge or conviction yet, I was just trying to offer some friendly advice given the other news today with regards to posting names on twitter.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Watched a programme about Radio 1 a few years ago. It featured the Radio 1 Roadshow. Thought then watching Mr Cornflake and Co , thousands of teenage girls , the attitudes of the 1970's. They must have thought it was Pimms o'clock .
This news comes as no suprise at all .

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Even though an arrest has been made there is no charge or conviction yet, I was just trying to offer some friendly advice given the other news today with regards to posting names on twitter.

Fair do's.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Completely wrong that people who are arrested in cases like this are identified.

Personally don't think they should be named until convicted, but at the very least wait until charged.

It's human nature to think "no smoke without fire" when an arrest *might* be in connection with one allegation, which might well be malicious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here