Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Greatest News For Years!!!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
f*** me mate can you not get someone to explain it to you!!! For reasons I cannot discuss I AM STILL BEING PAID BY MY PREVIOUS EMPLOYER ON THE PROVISO I DO NOT TAKE ANOTHER JOB WHILST STILL RECEIVING EX GRATIA SEVERANCE PAY

Sounds like pure bollox to me. Who's your employer ? A relative of the Krays ? I'm sure any prospect employer will be only too willing to be sympathetic even if you can't discuss your reasons.

I'm telling you not because I give a damn about what you're getting but actually as a piece of advice.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's got rock all to do with what you might or might not be claiming. the fact is the longer you don't work the harder it will be for you to get a halfway decent job. The reasoning behind it is that if the person is any good why have they been out of work so long.

Unless you can think of a plausable reason like a long term illness you're likely tohave problems.

I'm in the habit of taking two or three months off in the Winter. Normally finish a contract late November or mid December and aim to go back to work Feb or March. Have done that for the past four or five years. A good trick I always find works to explain that prolonged absence from the wonderful world of work is to either a) go to Australia for two months or b) go to Tenerife for two weeks and SAY you've been to Australia for two months or c) book a course of lessons at your local tanning salon and say etc. Never fails :cool:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
f*** me mate can you not get someone to explain it to you!!! For reasons I cannot discuss I AM STILL BEING PAID BY MY PREVIOUS EMPLOYER ON THE PROVISO I DO NOT TAKE ANOTHER JOB WHILST STILL RECEIVING EX GRATIA SEVERANCE PAY

So why have you been bragging on here for weeks that you have been conning the benefits system?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'm in the habit of taking two or three months off in the Winter. Normally finish a contract late November or mid December and aim to go back to work Feb or March. Have done that for the past four or five years. A good trick I always find works to explain that prolonged absence from the wonderful world of work is to either a) go to Australia for two months or b) go to Tenerife for two weeks and SAY you've been to Australia for two months or c) book a course of lessons at your local tanning salon and say etc. Never fails :cool:

Yes but there is one significant difference between you, me and HB&B. We former two work in an industry where being out of work periodically is quite normal even though it's annoying. However you know who was made redundant which is likely to have a different effect on potential employers.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
i'm definitely in the wrong job :annoyed:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I have not been made redundant..............................yet! That is all I can say, I agreed a package of compensation and agreed to have my contract terminated effectively I resigned!!!

Whatever, you put any spin you like on it but take my word for it it's highly likely you won't find it easy to get a decent job.

Your choice.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The Oval tavern (about a 3 minute walk from E.Cro) is one of the best venues for traditional Rock and roll, blues music ect in the country one of the last bands I saw there had travelled all the way from Bristol just for a two hour slot.

The Glamorgan (Cherry orchard road) Good beer, great food. 5 mins form East Croydon

The Builders Arms 5 mins form East Croydon. Good range of real ales, reasonable food too.

Not forgetting the Bedford Tavern (used to be the only place in central Croydon you could get a pint of the excellent ale that is Broadside) and the Beer Circus - if it’s still there – which had a great selection of Belgian beers. I think Beer Circus was CAMRA Croydon pub of the year fairly recently.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Mate if I had needed a job don't you think I would have tried to get one ......................work it out !!!

You're such a liar. Can't be bothered to search but you've told us previously that your pay ended a few months ago.You also told us that you went for a prospective job interview in Brick Lane. You've also told us that your old employers have made others redundant on statutory pay. Where's the point of a restriction of trade clause in that kind of environment? Doesn't make sense. Lastly, if it were true you would have blabbed about it. Instead you told us in detail about needing to show you are job hunting.

You are a bullshitter. What's the matter? Afraid an unemployable prick like yourself is finished in your 30s? Shame

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You're such a liar. Can't be bothered to search but you've told us previously that your pay ended a few months ago.You also told us that you went for a prospective job interview in Brick Lane. You've also told us that your old employers have made others redundant on statutory pay. Where's the point of a restriction of trade clause in that kind of environment? Doesn't make sense. Lastly, if it were true you would have blabbed about it. Instead you told us in detail about needing to show you are job hunting.

You are a bullshitter. What's the matter? Afraid an unemployable prick like yourself is finished in your 30s? Shame
Well remembered.What a cock this bloke is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here