Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Greatest News For Years!!!!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Must admit I've not yet been impressed with the new Gatwick Express services. In the 2 days they've been running I've caught 3 of them (4th tonight), and I have yet to arrive at Victoria or Brighton at the correct time, and I was very disappointed not to have one of those spangly looking trains.

The benefit of not stopping at EC or CJ though is okay, but then there is not that much more room on the trains as they've cut the number of carriages on them.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
low crime rate ? i really would beg to differ on that one.

Low crime rate compared to other parts of Croydon and London, just look at the mayors crime map of London.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Claire Bowskill, 35, from Brighton, who works at ITV, said: “This is a monumental disaster for Brighton. Our entire economy relies on being at the end of a train line. It will make it a much less attractive place to live.

TELL EVERYONE

Good!!! Bring it on we will survive

Have you ever been to EASTBOURNE, Timmy?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Sorry to dart off topic but I feel I need to comment on that good pubs comment.....Correct me if I'm wrong but the only pubs near the station are the Porter and Sorter (shit) and I think it's called the Cricketers (better than the P&S but still pretty average). Other than that you've got to walk into Croydon and from memory those boozers going down the hill are either SlagandLettuceAllBarOne type places or grotty boozers showing horse racing and selling bottles of wine for a fiver.

The Oval tavern (about a 3 minute walk from E.Cro) is one of the best venues for traditional Rock and roll, blues music ect in the country one of the last bands I saw there had travelled all the way from Bristol just for a two hour slot.

The Glamorgan (Cherry orchard road) Good beer, great food. 5 mins form East Croydon

The Builders Arms 5 mins form East Croydon. Good range of real ales, reasonable food too.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Is The Cartoon pub still there, down past West Croydon station? Worked next door 20 years ago. The landlord was a fat sweaty bastid called Gary. For his fortieth, we chipped in and got him a strip-o-gram - and a ride on a baby elephant. Not sure why. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Gary was last seen riding down the road in his kecks hanging on for grim death aboard aforesaid jogging-on-not-quite-under-control baby elephant. Marvellous West Croydon Scenes :lol:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
The Oval tavern (about a 3 minute walk from E.Cro) is one of the best venues for traditional Rock and roll, blues music ect in the country one of the last bands I saw there had travelled all the way from Bristol just for a two hour slot.

The Glamorgan (Cherry orchard road) Good beer, great food. 5 mins form East Croydon

The Builders Arms 5 mins form East Croydon. Good range of real ales, reasonable food too.

Noted, I shall endeavor to find these hostelries and report back!

Thank you!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Still on Gardening leave matey!! And not claiming JSA as a result.

It's got rock all to do with what you might or might not be claiming. the fact is the longer you don't work the harder it will be for you to get a halfway decent job. The reasoning behind it is that if the person is any good why have they been out of work so long.

Unless you can think of a plausable reason like a long term illness you're likely tohave problems.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
f*** me mate can you not get someone to explain it to you!!! For reasons I cannot discuss I AM STILL BEING PAID BY MY PREVIOUS EMPLOYER ON THE PROVISO I DO NOT TAKE ANOTHER JOB WHILST STILL RECEIVING EX GRATIA SEVERANCE PAY
that would only apply in the insurance industry, the wouldnt give a f*** if you got a job in an unrelated industry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here