Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Ha ha! Friggin' keyboard!

300,000 euros = £240K a year give or take - it ain't a fat lot relatively speaking so he's either looking for sunshine and family close by or waiting for a stronger deal from us

Thats how it looks to me other wise why would his agent say he 's not coming back until his contract is sorted out.

Why would he even need to come back if he want's to be sold/let go on a free?

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
We're not paying Vicente at the moment according to his agent. At least that's something, it also says Elche want to sign him before pre-season starts on Monday for them so hopefully resolution at some point this week.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
We're not paying Vicente at the moment according to his agent. At least that's something, it also says Elche want to sign him before pre-season starts on Monday for them so hopefully resolution at some point this week.

Good to hear, hopefully his agent isn't so deluded as to think we should still pay him when he's flagrantly breaching his contract.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Good to hear, hopefully his agent isn't so deluded as to think we should still pay him when he's flagrantly breaching his contract.

In that case, I can see why Gus is cool about the whole thing - we have no financial exposure at the moment, and the onus is with VR and his team to resolve it.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The minimum we should require if we let him go is a large sell-on percentage.

The minimum we should require is the fee we want!

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
The minimum we should require if we let him go is a large sell-on percentage.

For a man in the twilight of his career?

How many more times will he be sold after he finishes at Elche?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Jesus this thread is still going and I'm still looking at it! Wouldn't it be kinder to all of us if the mods just deleted it or closed it?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
For a man in the twilight of his career?

How many more times will he be sold after he finishes at Elche?

Does that matter? If Elche are THAT keen on him, they'll have to pay for his services. He's still valuable to us.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
This needs to shut down asap. The bloke was given his word from our manager that he would let go if he wanted. He doesnt speak English, has few friends here, no family, has just had a baby, the weather is awful, and has a chance to play his last two years near home.

Just let the bloke go for a hundred grand or so to save face and put his wages in the transfer pot.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Does that matter? If Elche are THAT keen on him, they'll have to pay for his services. He's still valuable to us.

Yes, but the point was about the sell-on percentage... that's usually a clause when the player is a young prospect, not getting towards the end of their career. Of course we used ask for as large a fee as possible - altho if Elche turn us down, there is the danger we may end up with a player on an expensive contract who doesn't want to play for us...

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
This needs to shut down asap. The bloke was given his word from our manager that he would let go if he wanted. He doesnt speak English, has few friends here, no family, has just had a baby, the weather is awful, and has a chance to play his last two years near home.

Just let the bloke go for a hundred grand or so to save face and put his wages in the transfer pot.

This

Albeit reluctantly, I'd go along with that. It seems clear he doesn't want to be here so even if we force him to stay he'll only be 'injured' most of the time anyway. As long as we get a few quid out of it, nobody loses.

Gracias for the memories.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton

Yes, it does matter. A sell on percentage clause is as useful to us as a chocolate fireguard if Elche turns out to be his last club.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

He goes for what we want for him... he is under contract after all... if that is £100k, then fine... but I would want more if I were the decision-maker at the Albion... so far, Elche have indicated that they want him on a free, the cheeky fcukers! If Vicente is so desperate to get away, then he can buy himself out of his contract; I'm sure he has loads of dosh...

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
I wonder if his contract was/is basically a pay per play deal? In which case maybe it won't cost us anything, or very little, to have him sitting on the stands until next summer and Elche can go and spin!!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think we will know by 9 July 2012 when he turns up for training with Elche. If he trained with us (or just getting on the plane), he might get injured.

There is always a chance that ambitious Elche may buy the younger (26 yo) left winger from Gijon instead ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here