Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
As I posted in the other thread , a tweet from his missus earlier this evening :- Mi Vicente Rodriguez, mi idolo, renueva por un año con el Brighton, hasta el 30 de junio del 2013.
Things are not all doom or gloom.
my Spanish is non existent, could you translate pleae, and do we definitely know it is her account ?
cheers

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
i wouldnt want a substantial fee to put them off and keep a player here under sufference, if we got 500k for our investment, thats better than diddly. I just hope he will want to stay.

how about a large delegation of Albion fans paying for a full page advert in a valencia newspaper?

I would be well up for contributing to this, it MAY make all the difference and is not something done by many fans?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
And if the club is sensible, they will screw any potential buyers for the maximum sum possible.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Oh well, look on the bright side, we had a better average points per game without Vicente in the side and with a dozen or so games to go when he returned to full fitness we were looking very good for a top six spot. Form of the last quarter of the season will see us relegated.....

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
This has the bad smell of a greedy agent trying to play clubs off against each other to get the best deal. Hopefully by activating the extra year clause we have stuffed his agents plans where the sun don't shine.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Thanks Bozza. Not too downhearted, as you say it's win-win. He either plays for us or we get some cash in return.

A very logical move from the club.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Absolutely the right thing to do for the club. This may actually put off any potential suitors as paying a fee may
not have been part of their thinking. One slight worry is that VR may not be best pleased with the club acting in this way

It's his agent who is not going to be best pleased having obviously flaunted his services to other clubs. Hopefully the powers that be from St Mary's and the Madejeski will be on the phone to said agent saying:

"Vicente a free agent? What are you talking about c**t chops "

I hate agents.

And I love Vicente!

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Just another thought on the whole saga. Last season Vicente was out 'injured' for much of the first half of the season. In the end it took Gus/the club to force his hand by putting him through a ' pre season training' regime and then telling him he was fit to play, playing him, the rest is history. Perhaps over the past 3/4 weeks the club have waited for Vicente's decision, not had it, and then felt that the only way forward is to force his hand again knowing the guy's mentality. It's unfortunate, but sometimes these things need doing. He got on with it in the end with his injury, so maybe this is the only way we will get a positive result.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Covering some other stuff...

1. Bruno wanted to sign for the Albion, and Gus, regardless.

2. To be fair to Vicente, his family circumstances have changed and he's a proper player again. I imagine staying at home, if possible, would be tempting.

3. Have faith in the Albion - there are some top, top people there working for the best interests of the club. Whatever happens will be good for the Albion.

How many days paternity leave will he be entitled to ? This could encroach into pre-season training and may lead to further rumours when he isn't at the training ground next week.

Cheers Bozza...sums up what we thought on the other thread.

The interesting part here is how committed Vicente is to Brighton for this contract period which the threads all seem very doom mongery on. Nowhere has it said he isn't committed and with his injury record feining injury for much of next year probably isnt an option. I would suspect he knows this will pretty much be his last big paycheck and making sure that things are right for him and his family (just as we all would when we negotiate with our employers).

Here's hoping on his return to training the new extended contract is ironed out and we all enjoy Vicente for the remainder of his playing years. :drool:

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
I doubt that it is VR, just his Agent trying to get the best deal for his client. Typical action really. I would be ok if he stayed in Spain, but i would be surprised if he opted for Reading. The Albion i know have provided fantastic support, but as we know loyalty in football from players is sadly a thing of the past.

Bring on the next exciting signings.

I don't think it's a good idea to be speculating about Vicente being the difficult party without knowing the full truth. It might be a good idea for those not concerned ie us lot on NSC and any reporters who think they know everything, to keep quiet and let the player, his agents (who work on behalf of Vicente) and the club to thrash out the best deal.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here