Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
If He has any thing to do with going back on his word to Gus, He's gone. Gus quite rightly appears to attach a lot to players desire to play on the Gus Bus. Gus has loads of previous on this.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Amazing. Vicente CERTAINLY was not on £30k a week!

In fact, he wasn't even the 3rd highest earner in our squad last season.

I have no idea what his second year wage is though.

I would agree with this, my sources told me he was on a suprisingly low wage.
Now he is fit.... no doubt he will command more.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think it may be as simple as the family and the weather, I remember when he signed, we had bad windy rainy weather that didn't seem to stop for weeks, we then had a grey winter and more shitting rain in march April may.... don't underestimate what that does to people used to mild southern Spanish climate..... !

You didn't mention the away games up north , at least 3°C colder than down in Brighton. Gloomy and dismal. His final appearance of the season at Barnsley , a 12.30 kick-off , intermittent driving rain , overcast and so dreary they had to put the floodlights on at 12.15 may have been the final nail in the coffin.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
so true hans,people on here saying we are paying that,then 20 grand to cms,total bollocks im afraid.

The credible source who told me 27k for vicente said CMS on 22.5k - not that any of this bothers me - anybodies wage is a between them and thier employer. Simply saying what was repeated to me by someone who "could" know.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
The credible source who told me 27k for vicente said CMS on 22.5k - not that any of this bothers me - anybodies wage is a between them and thier employer. Simply saying what was repeated to me by someone who "could" know.

I was accused of posting "NSC gold" for this:

I heard from someone (a former youth player, who is good mates with some of the current squad as they played together) that CMS is on roughly £30k per week once all of his extras are taken into account. This wasn't pub talk (well, it wasn't in a pub!) and he had no obvious reason to lie to me. I still don't believe it though and would actually be a bit disappointed if it was true.

For what it's worth, I stand by my comments about not believing it & being slightly disappointed if it were true, but there do seem to be more & more rumours stacking up... (maybe just a consequence of there being just A LOT more rumours in general!)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
so after all this speculation on money players are on........is vicente still with us ?

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
so after all this speculation on money players are on........is vicente still with us ?

Yes. This is the way I look at it.

1) April 2012: Vicente says he is happy to stay.
2) April-June: We know they were discussing a brand new deal which shows he still wanted to stay.
3) BHAFC book his flights home from Spain with the nearest available being next monday which is after he becomes a free agent.
4) BHAFC exercise the option on his contract so that he is still our player.
5) Vicente's agent stirs it up by saying Vicente is unhappy and other clubs are interested so that we offer him more (which he now deserves in my opinion assuming he wasn't on 30k a week).
6) Vicente returns on Monday to resume the new contract talks with a higher wage.

Glass half full.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
uploadfromtaptalk1340901815471.jpg
This is Brighton in mid summer. Nuff said.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Fook me 30k here and 25k there, that is unreal. We really shouldnt have a problem attracting class "gem" players if these sort of wages are on offer. Bobby would exept 30k, wouldnt he?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
His final appearance of the season at Barnsley , a 12.30 kick-off , intermittent driving rain , overcast and so dreary they had to put the floodlights on at 12.15 may have been the final nail in the coffin.

If he does go, let's take it out on Barnsley at our first home game of the season. It's all their fault.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here