Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
True to a point, but clubs may well be against forking out a transfer fee for him given his injury record. He no longer has a free decision as to whether he wants to be here or not.

Are you loopy ? so now he doesn't have free decision because he was injured ? He is entirely free in exactly the same way as Croft and Bennett were !

Last edited:

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Does anyone else think his agent was stringing us along this summer in hope we wouldn't extend his deal because Gus felt he was coming back while in the back ground moves were being made to find a Spanish club to sign him on a free.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Looks like he is going to Spain. I would have been furious if he went to Reading!

Talks may yet persuade him to stay for another season though. I cannot see him going to another English club now.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Is it not Cardiff 1st at home?

Erm, yes - first Saturday home game then... (it's first in my head cos I can't make Cardiff...)

Smile

Aug 19, 2011
If he decides on Spain it wont be because of the money I live down the road from Elche. It will all come down to hes family, I cannot tell you how important the family are to the Spanish and they will always come first. All the Spanish rent a house for a month near the beach (July or August) and the whole family stays, in-laws, grandparents, uncles the lot, I know most Brits would see that as a nightmare, but the Spanish mentally is very different.

Plus the weather we have had about one week of cloud and about 5 days where it has rained so far this year and it is currently 40.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Are you loopy ? so now he doesn't have free decision because he was injured ? He is entirely free in exactly the same way as Croft and Bennett were !

No, are you? We told him we would allow him to walk away as a free agent if he wanted to. He no longer has that option. How is that a free choice? What's his injury status got to do with anything? Bennett and Crofts didn't have a free choice, they has a club willing to pay our valuation of them. There is quite a difference!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No, are you? We told him we would allow him to walk away as a free agent if he wanted to. He no longer has that option. How is that a free choice? What's his injury status got to do with anything? Bennett and Crofts didn't have a free choice, they has a club willing to pay our valuation of them. There is quite a difference!

TBH we don't know all the clauses in the contract , a verbal agreement or handshake doesn't stand up against what has been negotiated and signed by relevant parties.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My god, do people still say stuff like this and think it's funny. The old "ladies, gentlemen and those undecided" was trotted out in the early 80's and wasn't funny then
Not funny, but they must say it: Gay Lesbian Bisexual Transgender Undecided

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

No, he's under contract... a contract he signed a year ago...

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
TBH if he wants to leave to go back to Spain, I think we should just let him go for a small fee to cover costs after all he has got a new family member so to keep him / them in a different country if they are not happy just doesnt seem right, but if the reason he wants to leave is to join a club in the prem then I think its right what we are doing and they will have to pay top money to get him.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
TBH if he wants to leave to go back to Spain, I think we should just let him go for a small fee to cover costs after all he has got a new family member so to keep him / them in a different country if they are not happy just doesnt seem right, but if the reason he wants to leave is to join a club in the prem then I think its right what we are doing and they will have to pay top money to get him.

Or...

A player signs a contract with an option for a 2nd year held by the club... the club exercises its option... tough...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
<< Dupe >>

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Bored

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Or...

A player signs a contract with an option for a 2nd year held by the club... the club exercises its option... tough...

So you would like the club to have a bad name for keeping a player here, who would rather go home for family reasons?
But....
As I say if he wanted to go to say Southampton or Reading then of course we are doing the right thing.
But....
He actually might want to stay here all along and hes just been busy with family atm.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The fact that he has an addition to the family should be immaterial as having a baby doesn't happen in a couple of weeks so knowing the expected date he has had plenty of time to talk to the club and negotiate a move, if that is what he wants. Presumably the baby was conceived after he had signed a contract and both him and his partner knew that he would be here, possibly for 2 years.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
The fact that he has an addition to the family should be immaterial as having a baby doesn't happen in a couple of weeks so knowing the expected date he has had plenty of time to talk to the club and negotiate a move, if that is what he wants. Presumably the baby was conceived after he had signed a contract and both him and his partner knew that he would be here, possibly for 2 years.

Maybe the condom split.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here