Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The gigantic squad - who is leaving?

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
No way is Cozier-Duberry (why has he been allocated a silly name already?) not going to be in the squad. He simply wouldn't have signed unless he was going to be in the first team squad!
He signed because of a clear pathway to the first team.

As we've seen with our players that can mean appropriate loans or enough time around the first team squad whilst playing for the U21s until he's ready.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Very difficult to trim this squad below 30 now. Especially if we still want a couple of new central midfielders, a right wing back and a centre back with some pace. I got it to 29 but that’s probably still too big with the 4 potential signings to come in bold:

Keepers
  1. Verbruggen
  2. Rushworth
  3. Steele/McGill
Centre Backs
  1. Dunk
  2. Van Hecke
  3. Igor/Webster
  4. Fast LCB ????
  5. Veltman
Right Wing Backs
  1. Kadıoğlu ???
  2. Hinshelwood
Left Wing Backs
  1. Estupinan (injured)
  2. Barco
Central Midfielders
  1. Gilmour
  2. Wieffer
  3. Rutter ???
  4. Yalcouyé ???
  5. Milner
  6. Baleba
Attacking Midfield
  1. Enciso
  2. Buonanotte
  3. Cozier-Duberry
Wingers
  1. Mitonma (injured)
  2. March (injured)
  3. Minteh
  4. Adingra
Forwards
  1. Joao Pedro
  2. Welbeck
  3. Ferguson (injured)
  4. Osman

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
We could perhaps assume that this lot is moving away: Pascal Gross ..............................................................., Deniz Undav,
Other than Undav has stated he wants to stay at Stuggart, why would we want to let him go since he had such a stellar season that he is in the German Euro squad. As to Gross, why would you assume he is leaving or that we want him to leave?

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Other than Undav has stated he wants to stay at Stuggart, why would we want to let him go since he had such a stellar season that he is in the German Euro squad. As to Gross, why would you assume he is leaving or that we want him to leave?
Groß has agreed terms with Dortmund, we're now negotiating the fee.

Undav similarly will be sold, we're just negotiating the fee with Stuttgart. Buy clauses and buy back clauses slightly complicate things there.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Undav currently negotiating to join Stuttgart permanently

Gross in advanced discussion with Dortmund

Keep up!

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Groß has agreed terms with Dortmund, we're now negotiating the fee.

Undav similarly will be sold, we're just negotiating the fee with Stuttgart. Buy clauses and buy back clauses slightly complicate things there.
Shit I had no idea about Gross (how do you get that letter btw). Wish him well, shame he didn't get a decent send off.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Yes, but if you do want to name a 25 man squad (and many teams do, and we might one day), then you need 8 HGPs!
We had 12 last season out of the 25. As far as I am aware, only Lallana is going so far:

25 Squad players (*Home grown)
Dahoud, Mahmoud
Dos Santos De Paulo, Igor Julio
Dunk, Lewis Carl*
Gilmour, Billy Clifford*
Gross, Pascal
Junqueira De Jesus, Joao Pedro*
Lallana, Adam David*
Lamptey, Tariq Kwame Nii-Lante*
March, Soloman Benjamin*
McGill, Thomas Peter Wayne*
Milner, James Phillips*
Mitoma, Kaoru
Moder, Jakub Piotr
Rushworth, Carl Andrew*
Steele, Jason Sean*
Tenorio Estupinan, Pervis Josue
Van Hecke, Jan Paul
Veltman, Joel Ivo
Webster, Adam Harry*
Welbeck, Daniel*

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
We had 12 last season out of the 25. As far as I am aware, only Lallana is going so far:

25 Squad players (*Home grown)
Dahoud, Mahmoud
Dos Santos De Paulo, Igor Julio
Dunk, Lewis Carl*
Gilmour, Billy Clifford*
Gross, Pascal
Junqueira De Jesus, Joao Pedro*
Lallana, Adam David*
Lamptey, Tariq Kwame Nii-Lante*
March, Soloman Benjamin*
McGill, Thomas Peter Wayne*
Milner, James Phillips*
Mitoma, Kaoru
Moder, Jakub Piotr
Rushworth, Carl Andrew*
Steele, Jason Sean*
Tenorio Estupinan, Pervis Josue
Van Hecke, Jan Paul
Veltman, Joel Ivo
Webster, Adam Harry*
Welbeck, Daniel*
Only 20 players on the list so its 12/20.

HGP is a non-issue for the foreseeable future.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
So glad it's not just me. Every single time I've been scrolling the page I've read it as 'Squid'.
The giant squid is NEVER leaving

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
Very difficult to trim this squad below 30 now. Especially if we still want a couple of new central midfielders, a right wing back and a centre back with some pace. I got it to 29 but that’s probably still too big with the 4 potential signings to come in bold:

Keepers
  1. Verbruggen
  2. Rushworth
  3. Steele/McGill
Centre Backs
  1. Dunk
  2. Van Hecke
  3. Igor/Webster
  4. Fast LCB ????
  5. Veltman
Right Wing Backs
  1. Kadıoğlu ???
  2. Hinshelwood
Left Wing Backs
  1. Estupinan (injured)
  2. Barco
Central Midfielders
  1. Gilmour
  2. Wieffer
  3. Rutter ???
  4. Yalcouyé ???
  5. Milner
  6. Baleba
Attacking Midfield
  1. Enciso
  2. Buonanotte
  3. Cozier-Duberry
Wingers
  1. Mitonma (injured)
  2. March (injured)
  3. Minteh
  4. Adingra
Forwards
  1. Joao Pedro
  2. Welbeck
  3. Ferguson (injured)
  4. Osman
Good post. This highlights a few things for me…

Rushworth will go on loan or we will sell. Verbruggen is ahead of him and also young. I don’t see a way in for Rushwotth unless we sell Verbruggen. Having him rot on the bench is a bad idea.

Ferguson will go out on loan, probably needed after last season and number 3 in the pecking order competing for one spot. Osman is a winger but granted can play there, we will likely keep him due to his versatility, but he could also go out on loan.

Cozier-Duberry is a winger not a AM. He’ll play 2nd fiddle to Minteh and will likely be Solly March until we see what kind of Solly March we get back.

The above list also highlights that we don’t need anymore centre backs or central midfielders. I think if we do bring people in for those positions, it’ll be one in one out

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Good post. This highlights a few things for me…

Rushworth will go on loan or we will sell. Verbruggen is ahead of him and also young. I don’t see a way in for Rushwotth unless we sell Verbruggen. Having him rot on the bench is a bad idea.

Ferguson will go out on loan, probably needed after last season and number 3 in the pecking order competing for one spot. Osman is a winger but granted can play there, we will likely keep him due to his versatility, but he could also go out on loan.

Cozier-Duberry is a winger not a AM. He’ll play 2nd fiddle to Minteh and will likely be Solly March until we see what kind of Solly March we get back.

The above list also highlights that we don’t need anymore centre backs or central midfielders. I think if we do bring people in for those positions, it’ll be one in one out
Don't see Evan going on loan.

Along with Adingra he was our open play-top scorer in the PL last season with six goals and he should hopefully do better than that this season.

He had a dip in form and you can't quite tell the long term effects of having a 19 year old playing on painkiller injections (yes, I'm still furious about it), but unlike our other strikers he's actually a decent finisher.

Can't rely on the Premier League giving the amount of cheap penalties we got last season so that our £30m Brazilian can find the net every now and then.

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011

Along with Adingra he was our open play-top scorer in the PL last season with six goals and he should hopefully do better than that this season.

He had a dip in form and you can't quite tell the long term effects of having a 19 year old playing on painkiller injections (yes, I'm still furious about it), but unlike our other strikers he's actually a decent finisher.

Can't rely on the Premier League giving the amount of cheap penalties we got last season so that our £30m Brazilian can find the net every now and then.
Fair play I didn’t realise that

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Agree - if Undav isn't being retained we will have retain him as he is (potentially) the best finisher we have

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here