Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The gigantic squad - who is leaving?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There is no HGP minimum, there is only a maximum of 17 non-HGP (over the age of 21). So we could have a declared squad of 17 non-HGP and not a single British player.

Seems a bit harsh on Dunk and the others, but we could.
Looks like you've acquired your avatar's grip of all things football, then! You could, of course, if you really wanted to fail, go with a squad of 17 - but if you want to name your maximum squad of 25, then you will need a minimum of 8 HGPs.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Looks like you've acquired your avatar's grip of all things football, then! You could, of course, if you really wanted to fail, go with a squad of 17 - but if you want to name your maximum squad of 25, then you will need a minimum of 8 HGPs.

I'm not sure in the entire time we’ve been in the PL we’ve ever named the full 25.

For the 22-23 season, our most successful season ever, we named a 19 man squad for the first half of the season and then a 17 man squad for the second half of the season (Mwepu and Trossard being the two players not in the squad from Feb 2023). Obviously our squads had a number of HGPs but the notion that you have to have a 25 man squad to be successful is nonsense, especially for a club like ours that values the development of their U21s so highly.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm not sure in the entire time we’ve been in the PL we’ve ever named the full 25.

For the 22-23 season, our most successful season ever, we named a 19 man squad for the first half of the season and then a 17 man squad for the second half of the season (Mwepu and Trossard being the two players not in the squad from Feb 2023). Obviously our squads had a number of HGPs but the notion that you have to have a 25 man squad to be successful is nonsense, especially for a club like ours that values the development of their U21s so highly.
Yes, but if you do want to name a 25 man squad (and many teams do, and we might one day), then you need 8 HGPs!

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
I think you have confused an explanation of the Premier League squad rules with how you like to play Football Manager.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anybody else's brain consistently playing tricks when reading the thread title?

FB_IMG_1720461986761.jpg

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Well I might - if ever I'd played Football Manager, or ever intend to! 25-17 still = 8 though!
Well done, you can have an A* for getting an irrelevant maths sum correct. But a D- for still not understanding the rules.

We could, if we wanted, even have 0 players in our official squad and only ever field under 21 players. It would be an extremely bizarre move but the rules would allow it.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well done, you can have an A* for getting an irrelevant maths sum correct. But a D- for still not understanding the rules.

We could, if we wanted, even have 0 players in our official squad and only ever field under 21 players. It would be an extremely bizarre move but the rules would allow it.
I do understand the rules. :facepalm:

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
If last season taught us nothing else ,the squad must have enough game changers on the bench and coping with a substantial injury list. Therefore IMO this season we will have more depth and numbers .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Why did I read the title of this thread as "The Gigantic Squid"?

:wozza:

:stupid:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's a postcard I bought in the i360 gift shop. If you load an app called ARTIVIVE and point it at the image, it does something pretty damn cool (you might need two devices tho, one with the app and the other with the image)
Yes, it's very good.

Every time I see the thread title I think of the Despair Squid and Dwayne Dibbley off Red Dwarf

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
If last season taught us nothing else ,the squad must have enough game changers on the bench and coping with a substantial injury list. Therefore IMO this season we will have more depth and numbers .
Last season we felt it more than normal because we were in Europe. We were also terribly unlucky. Back to a normal operation this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here