Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There's the way they casually adopt English. Here's an email I've just received

18:30 Registrierung
19:00 Begrüßung & moderierte Vorstellung
19:30 Präsentationen
20:00 Get together
21:00 Ende

I love the way that Get Together is just slipped in casually - the French would be unhappy about using English words; the Germans are just upfront about it.

There's the way they casually adopt English. Here's an email I've just received

18:30 Registrierung
19:00 Begrüßung & moderierte Vorstellung
19:30 Präsentationen
20:00 Get together
21:00 Ende

I love the way that Get Together is just slipped in casually - the French would be unhappy about using English words; the Germans are just upfront about it.

Le weekend, Le sandwich.

label.jpg

Apparently, even the English use some foreign words although it's not de riguer.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Le weekend, Le sandwich.

label.jpg

Apparently, even the English use some foreign words although it's not de riguer.

I've just had a da ja vous. I was reading this à la carte menu which listed animals which ahd clearly gone to the abattoir. The chef did wish me bon appétit.

After my meal, I went to the ballet, then to a bric-à-brac stall where this sexy brunette served me. I asked her to the café where I ordered a café au lait, she had nothing and left. c'est la vie!

I then called my chauffeur.

I could go on and on....it was fun for about 3 mins.

List of French words and phrases used by English speakers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What a tosser I am! :wave:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Le weekend, Le sandwich.

label.jpg

Oh, I know the French do it (sandwich is one of the universal words) but you see them using French words in writing whereas French speakers will often use English.

The Germans would never pass a law mandating the use of Germans as the French have done with French
Toubon Law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
germany is the best country in the world - fact

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
they were fantastically friendly during World Cup 2006, put on a great World Cup with Fan Zones and even recorded their own version of Three Lions for us

oh and the PORK KNUCKLE
thumb.f3b3fb52599186b5f0f195f4e47cc2ef.75cca78afd278ab9fe6de0cb51928dcb.jpeg

oh eisbien.......in dutch, had a remarkably more crispy version of that on my most recent visit to s.a.......very tasty , no good for you though.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
3 world cups (ok as west germany)

3 euro champs

Germany is one of the three most successful national teams at international competitions, having won a total of three World Cups and three European Championships. They were runners-up three times in the European Championships, four times in the World Cup, and won three 3rd places in the World Cup. East Germany won Olympic Gold in 1976. Germany is the only nation to have won both the men's and women's World Cups.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
germany is the best country in the world - fact

I like yo' style...what makes you say that out of interest?

Or it it your English sarcasm?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Reading this thread actually makes me want to be German..
I ruddy love them at heart, and certainly won't be in the "2 world wars and 1 world cup :facepalm:" brigade.
The efficiency and general simplistic elegance of all things German is just amazing.

But I will try to dislike them on Sunday.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Do the Germans have an unfair rep when it comes to the old sun lounger towel cliche? My experience of beach holidays is that Brits are just as bad, if not worse, when it comes to putting the towels down. I've seen people reserve the best loungers first thing, have breakfast, then go away for the morning before coming back after lunch to their reserved spot!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Do the Germans have an unfair rep when it comes to the old sun lounger towel cliche? My experience of beach holidays is that Brits are just as bad, if not worse, when it comes to putting the towels down. I've seen people reserve the best loungers first thing, have breakfast, then go away for the morning before coming back after lunch to their reserved spot!

No the Krauts certainly do that as well.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
There's the way they casually adopt English...the Germans are just upfront about it.

I flicked over to catch a bit of mentalist former netminding great Olli Kahn's punditry on German telly last night and nearly choked on my knackwurst when he casually slipped in the phrase "high performance" in English. Unverschaemt. And the German for public viewing, as in a crowd of people watching games on a big screen like in 2006, is apparently officially a, erm, "public viewing".

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I used to live with a German girl. She was blond and had massive boobs and long legs, and would wander from her bedroom to the shower(and back) in a skimpy little towel. Which, obviously, was sehr fantastich.

She hated me though and shagged my best mate. which was nicht sehr fantastich(for me).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here