Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Germans - 101 Reasons Why They Are Not All Bad

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Dandyman

In London village.
that is 100% true. The closest race to the English are the Germans whether you like it or not!

Obviously this only applies to the Saxon peasants we employ to work the land.

Other than that the Hun make nice cars, decent beer, let you stand at football and like to get their kit off. Still hope we stuff 'em mind you.

Oct 25, 2003
lena-meyer-landrut_1.Jpg

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
audi-R8-spyder_1603000c.jpg

:thumbsup:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Do you think that there's a German club forum somewhere with a thread extoling the virtues of all things English? Not sure what they'd put on it mind, maybe:

die doctor marten booten
der beatles, led Zeppelin und shwarze sabbath
das englische toilletten humour und der jokes about ze breaking of ze vind!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Do you think that there's a German club forum somewhere with a thread extoling the virtues of all things English? Not sure what they'd put on it mind, maybe:

die doctor marten booten
der beatles, led Zeppelin und shwarze sabbath
das englische toilletten humour und der jokes about ze breaking of ze vind!

Most Germans I've met are total anglophiles. I believe there was a survey a few years ago that if they weren't German what would they rather be and English/British (Germans have difficulty distinguishing between the two) came out top.

Music would certainly be high on the list. Most of the ones I know like English beer too and yes, English humour is popular.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Most Germans I've met are total anglophiles.
Simperingly, fawningly so.

And that certainly extends to the football too. German pundits and fans are almost disappointed if England - "the homeland of football" as they inevitably describe them - play crap or don't qualify again. Bear in mind that pre-world cup survey in 2006 of Germans who said that England was the team in the tournament that they wanted to do best apart from Germany. I wasn't at all surprised by that. And it's the same with music too, of course.

Like Leyton Orient trying hard to be our rivals a few years ago, it's very much a one-sided thing, Beckenbauer's well-paid newspaper-flogging gobbing-off notwithstanding. They love and appreciate a game against England as a "classic", as the blessed Philipp Lahm described it after the Ghana game.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Most Germans I've met are total anglophiles. I believe there was a survey a few years ago that if they weren't German what would they rather be and English/British (Germans have difficulty distinguishing between the two) came out top.

Music would certainly be high on the list. Most of the ones I know like English beer too and yes, English humour is popular.

It's always struck me that Germans, unlike, say, the French, are pretty good at laughing at themselves.

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
German Techno, The Watergate & Berghain clubs in Berlin,
and FUSION Festival :rave: Best festival I've ever been too.

German's are great. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here