Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He got quite a roasting, I thought, on the same subject on 5Live at breakfast time this morning as he "did the rounds".

And they thought once was enough.

He was barely asked about in the interview. The majority of it was about the Stalin comments and the environment.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He got quite a roasting, I thought, on the same subject on 5Live at breakfast time this morning as he "did the rounds".

Interesting he went with 5Live and Radio4 rather than Sky News which would have created a video clip that someone could have falsely edited for 'satire'. :moo:

So he defended the Tory Party's false editing of a video clip (as well as other detritus) by not doing a TV interview. :facepalm:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A get out perhaps but pretty accurate. 17 million leave voters will not touch them, limited appeal to the middle class over 60's, so just leaves the rest to go for.

Still at least those who do vote for Labour will be able to console themselves that they are vastly intellectually superior to those stupid mainstream media devouring Tory voters. It should help take the edge off another painful defeat.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Interesting he went with 5Live and Radio4 rather than Sky News which would have created a video clip that someone could have falsely edited for 'satire'. :moo:

So he defended the Tory Party's false editing of a video clip (as well as other detritus) by not doing a TV interview. :facepalm:

Pity he didn't think about that before doing GMB then...

[TWEET]1192053989921173504[/TWEET]

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Obviously chose to swerve Kay Burley who would roasted him over Rees Mogg and Bridgen.

I saw Kay Burley was trending on Twitter and looked at the top tweets. Rather disconcertingly, one of the highest ranking ones was a bloke shagging a woman from behind in what appeared to be a garden centre. Perhaps it was a metaphor for what Cleverly wants to do to the country

(and, no, the woman wasn't Kay Burley)

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Still at least those who do vote for Labour will be able to console themselves that they are vastly intellectually superior to those stupid mainstream media devouring Tory voters. It should help take the edge off another painful defeat.

I must admit, I do feel that smug satisfaction that I don’t vote for a party that has overseen a huge increase in child poverty due to their callous austerity agenda. That’ll definitely take the edge off even if Labour do lose.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Tory election campaign day one:

❌ Welsh Secretary Alun Cairns resigns over his lies about the rape trial collapse scandal, making him the first government minister ever to have to resign during a general election campaign!

❌ Tory party sticking by the vile woman who wants to “exterminate” people on benefits and organise vigilante violence campaigns against the homeless!

❌ Advertising Standards Authority slams the Tories for spending £225,000 in public cash to spread outright lies about their disastrous poverty-spreading Universal Credit shambles.

❌ Civil service refuse Tory demands that they use public funds to critique the Labour Party.

❌ Boris Johnson still in hiding because he's getting booed and heckled by the public wherever he shows his face.

❌ Media fallout from the deliberately deceptive doctored video of Keir Starmer they were spreading on social media yesterday.

❌ Government still refusing to publish the completed report into Russian interference in the EU referendum.

❌ Former Chancellor Philip Hammond quits parliament in absolute desperation at the state of the Tory party.

❌ Jacob Rees-Mogg forced to apologise after insinuating that the Grenfell fire victims deserved to die because they're not as clever as he is.

❌ Tory Chairman James Cleverly empty chaired in a Sky interview because he was too scared to face Kay Burley, having been outwitted and humiliated by Piers Morgan earlier in the day.

Have I missed anything? ???

Nope.
Total disaster.
Prepare for another hung parliament.
Trouble is Lib Dems have said they will not form a coalition with Labour.
Looks like SNP will have the final say in running the country!!!!
Good luck :)

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Who mentioned Which magazine?

At least once a week every week for two years, sometimes staying two or three nights either in the Jewellery Quarter, near to New St or in the Clayton Hotel near Moor St. I suggest you walk up from the Clayton to Colmore and count the number of people off their heads on Spice - not to mention the rats crossing the road from the building site. Maybe stop in the Square Peg with your footballer mates?

So, you take the cheapest services that take the longest and you do it out of peak hours. At that point anywhere in the country has a decent service. No one in the South East is moaning about the quality of trains from Hove to Worthing at 2pm on a Wednesday :lolol:

However, the rush hour and faster services - for which the poor old punter is charged more - are shocking. Like I said New St is the fourth worst station in the country for punctuality.

As for homeless stats there are approximately 15,000 people classed as homeless in and around Birmingham (source) representing about one in 73. The figure is far smaller in Brighton, though as a proportion it's about the same - one in 70. The big difference is that the homeless numbers in Brighton are falling (source). To be honest, though, neither of these figures reflects well on a central government that has been in charge for over nine years in one form or another. Britain's homeless problem as a whole is a disgrace.

:rotlf::rotlf:

That BBC link you provided was based on a survey from Which? magazine in 2018.Perhaps you were speed-reading it and missed that.I have used rush-hour services when unavoidable,but surely you didn't have to?As for Andy Street not looking out for the homeless,I know who will be serving hot meals on Christmas Day to them (not me).There are some good Tories (just not many).Homelessness and drug abuse/mental illness are often linked,and certainly aren't exclusive to Tory areas,but nobody in Government of whatever persuasion has made a serious attempt to do something about it.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I must admit, I do feel that smug satisfaction that I don’t vote for a party that has overseen a huge increase in child poverty due to their callous austerity agenda. That’ll definitely take the edge off even if Labour do lose.

No secret why there are so many "shy Tories", if you vote for them and you brag about it you do have a bit of a personality disorder

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Like their word means anything. :whistle:

If they're 3rd in FPTP, then under their pledges the only party they will be able to form a coalition with is Labour.

Yup. Regardless of current noise, Lib/Lab/SNP/Green coalition looks most likely to me at present.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If anyone is thinking of voting for the Brexit party you will happy to hear there won't be any reading to be done.

No plans to release a manifesto.

:lolol:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I'm not sure intelligence comes into it but there of course other human attributes.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yup. Regardless of current noise, Lib/Lab/SNP/Green coalition looks most likely to me at present.

You know something that no one else does. It means you can fiill your boots though...

Screenshot 2019-11-06 at 14.24.34.png

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ali J is a shorter price to be the first goalscorer on Sunday than the odds of the next government being a Lab/LD/SNP coalition...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's going to become increasingly difficult to vote Tory if Boris keeps repeating his list of lies. This mornings " speech " outside Number 10 earlier was a truly awful effort, if one of his key benefits of leaving the EU is to be able to reduce vat on sanitary products, it's pretty thin gruel... As for the 40 new hospitals which has been shot down time and time again....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here