• Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’ve seen a few Labour people trot out the mantra already that it’s all the fault of the media and anybody who disagrees is brainwashed or stupid. I reckon Labour will be locked out for ever unless these people are removed.

The Daily Mail excuse has always been tosh, and in an age where there’s a wealth of information, propaganda and lies, on countless other websites and social media platforms, it doesn’t stand. If at all interested in politics, people read the papers that accord with their views. The Guardian, Mirror and Independent online, were all relentless this week on: the polls gap was rapidly closing, Tories scared, where and how to tactically vote to keep out a Tory. No one raises an eyebrow. It’s a bad-losers excuse.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
this is very depressing

oh well, more rough sleepers and poverty stricken kids for the next 5 years :thumbsup:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Right I’m done, more pressing matters at hand, reality my daughters woke up feeling sick, and crying.....

Maybe that’s an omen....

Set my alarm clock for 5:30 if I get to sleep that is.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I'm assuming most of the Labour supporters on NSC are based in the East Stand as they seem to have all left before the final whistle ...

giphy.gif

I am both a labour supporter and sit in the ESU but I am still here.......really hoping the results go to VAR!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think long term a Tory victory is going to be disastrous.
Totally understand why leavers voted Tory. That’s a no brainer. But what do the Tory party have to offer many of the people who have voted for them after Brexit? Especially in the working class areas?
I think it would also be a mistake to assume that Brexit is going to be some kind of doddle.

Fair play, Tories have won, rather definitively by the looks of things. But other than an initial gloat and some braggers rights, there is very little to celebrate for vast swathes of the country.

Without insult or bitterness, I really do think we are ushering in a very, very dark era for Britain.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Totally understand why leavers voted Tory. That’s a no brainer. But what do the Tory party have to offer many of the people who have voted for them after Brexit? Especially in the working class areas?
I think it would also be a mistake to assume that Brexit is going to be some kind of doddle.

Fair play, Tories have won, rather definitively by the looks of things. But other than an initial gloat and some braggers rights, there is very little to celebrate for vast swathes of the country.

Without insult or bitterness, I really do think we are ushering in a very, very dark era for Britain.
The people have spoken.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Labour’s self analysis has started, damning of Corbyn and McDonnell:

Phil Wilson, Labour's candidate in Sedgefield - a Brexit-backing Tory target seat and ex-PM Tony Blair's former constituency - said: "To blame Brexit for the result is mendacious nonsense."
"Jeremy Corbyn's leadership was a bigger problem. To say otherwise is delusional," he added on Twitter.
"The party's leadership went down like a lead balloon on the doorstep."

Likewise Ian Murray, Labour's candidate in Edinburgh South, tweeted: "Every door I knocked on, and my team and I spoke to 11,000 people, mentioned Corbyn."
"Not Brexit but Corbyn. I've been saying this for years. The outcome is that we've let the country down and we must change course and fast."

Former Labour home secretary Alan Johnson told ITV News: "It's Corbyn. We knew that in Parliament."
"We knew he was incapable of leading, we knew he was worse than useless at all the qualities you need to lead a political party."

That public reaction is exactly as BBC TV/5Live broadcast over the last 4 months, in weeks spent in towns up and down the UK.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
They are already effectively locked out for 2024 (if this parliament lasts 5 years) as no party has ever won from this far back in terms of seat gains required. (If the Exit Poll is broadly correct). So even if Corbyn goes tomorrow he will have lost Labour 3 elections, which is no mean feat considering he only led them in 2.

That would normally be true Bry.

Look ahead 5 years and Brexit will be a distant memory, taking with it the reason huge numbers of lifelong Labour voters have voted Tory for the first time. The Brexit party wont exist by then. If Labour can present themselves to the electorate with a moderate set of policies that wont frighten the horses, we could see a landslide as the voters return to their normal camps. IF.

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood

Let's hope that the conservatives learn from their new constituencies and these MPs bring a more considered set of policies that benefit the less well off.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
That would normally be true Bry.

Look ahead 5 years and Brexit will be a distant memory, taking with it the reason huge numbers of lifelong Labour voters have voted Tory for the first time. The Brexit party wont exist by then. If Labour can present themselves to the electorate with a moderate set of policies that wont frighten the horses, we could see a landslide as the voters return to their normal camps. IF.

Yes. I agree. All sound and valid points.

I reckon labour could do alot worse than look to Stephen Kinnock. I've always been hugley impressed whenever I have heard him speak. And of course Momentum probably hate him and consider him a Tory.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Keir Starmer can't lead Labour as his name doesn't scan into Seven Nation Army.

Who does have the right number of syllables in their name?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Jeremy Corbyn at a leisure centre in Islington. He could probably book a badminton court for tomorrow whilst he's there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here