Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Uhm read back, they've been posting for quite some time. It's this type of targeted campaigning that will secure Comrade Corbyn the keys to number 10 ... :mad:

Comrade Corbyn? Oh, because the right wing press say he’s a communist. HA! Good one :lol:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm 28, and austerity was imposed in 2010.

I have lived with austerity my entire adult life. I have to believe things can better than this.

The tory manifesto is more of the same. The improvements they have promised have been shown to be half truths and empty promises.

The Lib Dems, I voted for them in 2010, with my future in front of me at Leeds Met University that September. They screwed me in one if the great modern political betrayals. At the very least, the part would have to rid themselves of anybody who was involved in that, such as Swinson. The polling shows, got Lib Dems, get Tory.

The Greens, I'd love them to be an option, but they will be blown out the water and a vote for them is a dead vote in my area.

That leaves Labour. Love or hate Corbyn (I actually find him a principled polite gentleman as it happens) they are the only viable alternative to inequality, austerity and rich getting richer at the cost of ever increasing homeless.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Excellent post. At last some sanity on this thread.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Here's what Cor Bin thinks of you-

View attachment 117972

And here is what the Tories think, exactly of you.

ca8196315019d6295a2492f7c8bfcc25.jpg

Probably the only thing that they’ve not lied about.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
And here is what the Tories think, exactly of you.

ca8196315019d6295a2492f7c8bfcc25.jpg

Probably the only thing that they’ve not lied about.

What about when Raab and co described British workers are "among the worst idlers in the world"

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

I have lived with austerity my entire adult life. I have to believe things can better than this.

The tory manifesto is more of the same. The improvements they have promised have been shown to be half truths and empty promises.

The Lib Dems, I voted for them in 2010, with my future in front of me at Leeds Met University that September. They screwed me in one if the great modern political betrayals. At the very least, the part would have to rid themselves of anybody who was involved in that, such as Swinson. The polling shows, got Lib Dems, get Tory.

The Greens, I'd love them to be an option, but they will be blown out the water and a vote for them is a dead vote in my area.

That leaves Labour. Love or hate Corbyn (I actually find him a principled polite gentleman as it happens) they are the only viable alternative to inequality, austerity and rich getting richer at the cost of ever increasing homeless.

I really feel for you having to suffer so much over the last decade. Just remind me what level interest rates have been at for this period. Ah yes, in 2016 they were cut to 0.25%. Borrowing has never been cheaper, mortgages very affordable and most people have disposable income. I see no decline in young people owning cars. I see no decline in people taking regular holidays, across the whole social divide. People are still eating out regularly, buying good quality clothes and managing to afford the latest techno innovations.There is satellite tv everywhere. People are out and about, spending their disposable income on eating, drinking, entertainment, gambling and lots more.
I understand you are trying to make a political point but life over the last 20 odd years has been pretty comfortable for a large swathe of the suburban middle-class. ( Does this apply to your parents or do you come from a deprived area, with depression, unemployment, high crime and desperation? )
Some of us can cast our minds back painfully to 15% interest rates, no electricity, three day weeks, endless strikes, rubbish 20 feet high in the streets with rats everywhere, bodies lying unburied for weeks, civil and social unrest everywhere, rampant inflation, rocketing house prices, nose-diving house prices, negative equity, the Cold War, bombs going off in our high streets and killing innocent men, women and children and a few other things as well. But...hey ho....compared to austerity, we had it good.
To boost any country, you need to wealth create and re-invest, which will help to employ more people You need to control the size of the state and encourage business start-up. This is called capitalism. It is the bedrock of the EU. If you vote Labour, you are voting for a party that wants to ' transform capitalism ' ( John McDonnell potential Chancellor of the Exchequer )They want to re-introduce nationalization on a large scale, borrow huge amounts of money and commit to over £1.2 trillion of extra spending over the next five years. Labour are anti businesses making big profits and individuals, however talented they are, earning big money. They aim to penalise every business in this country, large medium or small by increasing corporation tax ( a tax on profits that should be going towards employing more people )from 19% to 26%. This is fine if you want a country run more on communist dogma and attitude rather than on free spirit and private enterprise but if you want to vote Labour and Remain in the EU, then you have a problem. You cannot commit to a party that opposes capitalism and want to remain within an organisation that promotes and thrives on capitalism. That is your dilemma.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

I really feel for you having to suffer so much over the last decade. Just remind me what level interest rates have been at for this period. Ah yes, in 2016 they were cut to 0.25%. Borrowing has never been cheaper, mortgages very affordable and most people have disposable income. I see no decline in young people owning cars. I see no decline in people taking regular holidays, across the whole social divide. People are still eating out regularly, buying good quality clothes and managing to afford the latest techno innovations.There is satellite tv everywhere. People are out and about, spending their disposable income on eating, drinking, entertainment, gambling and lots more.
I understand you are trying to make a political point but life over the last 20 odd years has been pretty comfortable for a large swathe of the suburban middle-class. ( Does this apply to your parents or do you come from a deprived area, with depression, unemployment, high crime and desperation? )
Some of us can cast our minds back painfully to 15% interest rates, no electricity, three day weeks, endless strikes, rubbish 20 feet high in the streets with rats everywhere, bodies lying unburied for weeks, civil and social unrest everywhere, rampant inflation, rocketing house prices, nose-diving house prices, negative equity, the Cold War, bombs going off in our high streets and killing innocent men, women and children and a few other things as well. But...hey ho....compared to austerity, we had it good.
To boost any country, you need to wealth create and re-invest, which will help to employ more people You need to control the size of the state and encourage business start-up. This is called capitalism. It is the bedrock of the EU. If you vote Labour, you are voting for a party that wants to ' transform capitalism ' ( John McDonnell potential Chancellor of the Exchequer )They want to re-introduce nationalization on a large scale, borrow huge amounts of money and commit to over £1.2 trillion of extra spending over the next five years. Labour are anti businesses making big profits and individuals, however talented they are, earning big money. They aim to penalise every business in this country, large medium or small by increasing corporation tax ( a tax on profits that should be going towards employing more people )from 19% to 26%. This is fine if you want a country run more on communist dogma and attitude rather than on free spirit and private enterprise but if you want to vote Labour and Remain in the EU, then you have a problem. You cannot commit to a party that opposes capitalism and want to remain within an organisation that promotes and thrives on capitalism. That is your dilemma.

'**** Business'

Oh and how many food banks are there these days? You reckon people that use food banks are eating out and calling each other on iphone 11s or are you talking shit?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Q: The Guardian says voters are confused by your plans for an Australian-style points system. What are you trying to achieve?

Johnson says he wants to put immigration under democratic control. He says unskilled people would not be able to come to the UK without a job.

Q: To what level?

Johnson says he does not know.

Brilliant.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Getting brexit done and another 5 years of austerity for the trouble. Great

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Indeed. It is laughable.

Get Brexit done in month 1 ( January ) and then pay with 59 months of misery under Liar Johnson and his rabble of dirty tricksters.

HoHoHo.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...ion-stop-search-could-lead-52-murders-claims/

A Jeremy Corbyn Government would lead to 52 more murders a year and a violent crime epidemic, the Tories have claimed.

In an article for The Daily Telegraph, Priti Patel, Home Secretary, claims Labour’s opposition to police use of stop and search would lead to fewer criminals being caught and more weapons on the streets.

Citing an analysis by the Conservative research department, she said the increase in weapons could mean up to 4,000 extra violent assaults a year, nearly 150 more sex assaults and 52 more murders, equivalent to one a week.

'Conservative research department'

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Indeed. It is laughable.

Get Brexit done in month 1 ( January ) and then pay with 59 months of misery under Liar Johnson and his rabble of dirty tricksters.

HoHoHo.

I have to say that I think the pair of you are being extremely optimistic if you think it can be done in 5 years. The far simpler Canada Trade deal, with no aspect of services (which accounts for 80% of Britain's GDP) has taken over 10 years and still isn't fully implemented.

If Johnson gets a majority, I think that it's far more realistic that myself, Johnson (who is 4 years younger than me) or both of us, won't be alive to finally see us 'Get Brexit Done' :down:

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

One of the best posts EVER!

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
One of the best posts EVER!

Huge dilemma. But 20th Century capitalism needs a fundamental shift. The metrics and key performance indicators do not work for a global economy that is fuelling climate change and radicalism. I’ve lived through Tory, Labour and coalition administrations but I’m extremely uneasy about the populist hard right (Born to rule) government that’ll probably be in no.10 on Friday.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Your whole argument is hugely flawed, Labour doesn’t oppose capitalism. They just want to fix the parts of it that don’t work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here